A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
334 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three new doll prototypes! (pic heavy)  (Read 7925 times)
Tags for this thread: doll  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

schultebunny
~*~ Little Firefighter Girl ~*~

It's not a matter of size, but a matter of heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011 02:56:59 PM »

I'd be happy to be a pattern tester as well! oh, the things I could make! the people I could please! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Working on getting back into swaps after some crazy two years!~

Please help me with my "patchwork" station blanket! I would love to get fire department patches! Thanks!
RikaHeart
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011 05:12:06 PM »

Me too! I would love to try that pattern out on the Deluxe.  I want to make myself a Raven Doll from Vesperia and Riku Doll XD Maybe a Shinjiro XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sna
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011 08:03:39 PM »

This doll is so incredible! I also get frustrated with overly stylized crochet patterns. I rarely have the patience or foresight to write down a pattern as I go, so I really appreciate those who make patterns for such wonderful pieces!

The wired doll is great, and I love the individually pose-able fingers! If I were to be completely honest, though, I would suggest that you work on the feet a bit more. They look almost twisted from the pictures, but maybe it's not like that IRL. While people are signing up to be pattern testers, I better throw my name in, too! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting is 5% skill and 95% staying off the internet
NyteFyre

I am a GrandMa to a Poppet

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011 02:52:42 PM »

Is the nose flat ? I would like to be a tester as well, it would be a challenge for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***  Friendship Is The Pot Of Gold At The End Of Your Rainbow  ***
saucyimp
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011 06:59:00 AM »

I love the deluxe doll! It looks great. I had a question about the legs though. From the side view, it looks like the back and the front are stitched together. But from the front, it almost looks like a layer was placed on top of the legs. Is it one continuous stitch and my eyes are playing tricks on me or are there two layers and I'm not crazy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schultebunny
~*~ Little Firefighter Girl ~*~

It's not a matter of size, but a matter of heart.

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011 07:03:42 AM »

omg, I really wish I had a pattern for these! I'm so badly wanting to make my own 10th Doctor from the deluxe doll! now, I just need to learn how to do his hair... Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Working on getting back into swaps after some crazy two years!~

Please help me with my "patchwork" station blanket! I would love to get fire department patches! Thanks!
Drossy
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011 07:04:54 PM »

For those that are requesting to be pattern testers: I still need to type up and de-code my notes into a readable format, so I can't send the pattern to anyone just yet. I don't have a ETA on when this will be, but I do know that I won't be releasing it until I finish the doll I'm working on, as it makes no sense to me to have one of you finish my doll before I, the creator, do.  Wink Unfortunately, I just had to go and pick the one character with the really complicated and multi-layered outfit. Sad To make matters worse, I'm starting to get a flair up of carpal tunel, so I need to slow down a bit on the crochet. It may take up to a month before I'm done, so sorry for those who are waiting. Sad

In the meantime, if you still want to be a tester when I have the pattern ready, please PM me with pictures of at least three projects you've done so that I have an idea of your skill level. I'll let you know if I want you to be a tester when I have the pattern ready.

Rikaheart: Raven do Raven! There NEEDS to be more Tales of Series amigurumi in the world. Cheesy Actually, I'm planning on making all of the main characters (plus the main bad guys) from Tales of the Abyss. Does that make me crazy?

sna: The feet are a bit twisted in the wired doll, but that's not a flaw in the pattern, but rather a flaw in my wiring ability. In order to make it so that the wire doesn't poke out through the stiches, I had to loop the wire back on itself, and the loop takes up the length and width of the foot. The way the wire is bent is what's making the foot look twisted. I'm sure if I played with the feet enough, I could bend the wire to make it less twisted, but I'm trying to avoid messing with the doll too much unless I have to. I paranoid that the wire inside will snap or something if I mess with it too much. D:

NyteFyre: Yes, the nose is flat. I think I had the petite Japanese cartoon style noses in mind when I decided how to make it.

saucyimp: I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I crocheted everything in joined rows (rather than in joined rounds or continuous rounds, which is more common), and there's a visible seam where the rows join (if anyone knows of a way to make the seams less noticeable, please tell me). Also, everything is attached through crochet stiches, so nothing is sewn on. Did that answer your question?

Well, I'm off to make my Asch doll less naked. Hopefully laying down the design on his tunic will be easier on my wrist than the repetitive motion of crocheting...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011 03:14:29 AM »

OMG The 3rd one is so cute!
I agree with you on the sewing part though, its such a pain and my stitches are never good to see! Surely enough, when i sew a head to a body, it seems the poor guy had a slit throat sewn by a half-mad and drunk nurse! But i've never been able to create, let alone find, a decent pattern where sewing was not required!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
Fringey
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012 05:30:23 PM »

These look awesome! The proportions on the deluxe doll are closer to that of a child than an adult. That may be your intention and is totally valid, just wanted to mention it since the anime guy you are doing actually has proportions skewed in the OTHER direction (I can post some anatomy reference if you are interested.) The proportions are stylized in a way that they still look right, so if you want to go that way it totally works. Do i see a bit of shaping on the calf there? That's awesome, you should bump it up a bit for characters that will have bare legs!

I don't have the patience for the big one, but I would totally use the other two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Drossy
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012 06:27:36 PM »

Hey guys!  Grin Sorry for taking so long getting back to you. Unfortunately, after I finished my Deluxe Asch doll (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=393128.msg4659146#msg4659146 if you missed it), I kind of lost interest in it since it takes soooooo long to make a fully clothed doll with it, so my pattern notes are still kind of scrambled (I was going to organize them when/if I made another doll). It may still take quite a while before I'm ready to decode it for you all. Sad

However! I decided to have some fun with the Chibi doll design and ended up making eight dolls with the pattern. And, I decided to just go ahead and release the pattern without using a tester first (but if you want to test it yourself and give me feedback, I'd more than appreciate it!) You can find the pattern (and the dolls I made with it) here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=403946.msg4754050#msg4754050 Oh, and I have a bit of a confession to make. I've been touting "No Sew!" with these patterns, and while it is possible to make the chibi doll without sewing anything on, I found that it was ultimately easier (and looks better) to make the arms separate and sew them on. I hope I haven't disappointed you.

@Fringey: Well, the proportions are the way they are due to a mix of "I give up, it's close enough!" and trying to keep it at a size that was still somewhat manageable (Also, he's cute as a midget <3). However, I might still rework the design (and try to make it smaller @_@), and I'm trying to get better at drawing, so I would still appreciate the anatomy references. Smiley And yes, there is shaping in the calf. XD There's also a bit in the elbow too, but it's barely noticeable, even in person.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rock the Midi Skirt Trend
Hot Floral Dresses for Spring
Mastering the Art of Laid-Back Parisian Style
How to Look Chic But Feel Comfy
DIY Cute American Flag Shorts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...