A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three new doll prototypes! (pic heavy)  (Read 7702 times)
Tags for this thread: doll  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewhappysue

addicted to dolls

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011 11:25:59 AM »

They all look great! Especially your deluxe doll. I'm always changing things on patterns I buy. But I think the only thing I would change on your deluxe doll would be the begining of the arms. Maybe try a couple rounds of hdc on the top and sl st on the underside to define the shoulders and make the arms hang closer to the body? All in all a good detailed creation. I too look forward to seeing the finished doll.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NyteFyre

I am a GrandMa to a Poppet

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011 02:38:36 PM »

The Deluxe is wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***  Friendship Is The Pot Of Gold At The End Of Your Rainbow  ***
ChezMichelle
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011 03:26:26 PM »

You did such a good job on them.  I love how you've made them all with such detailed shaping.  You're very talented.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hazelly
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011 09:49:30 PM »

Those look so good!  Amazing detail on the face.  I can't wait to see the finished doll. Are you planning to release the patterns someday?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitiza
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011 12:53:24 AM »

I agree with everyone else, all three are amazing! I really like the face of the deluxe one. I have never enough patience to try to make the nose so all my dolls are kind of chibis...  Grin I'd also be interested in case you're planning tor release the pattern someday.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011 12:54:14 AM by Kitiza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Drossy
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011 06:07:40 PM »

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! Maybe I should post my WIPs more often.  Grin

And for those wondering about me releasing a pattern for the deluxe doll, well, as it is now, it's just a mess of notes that even I have a hard time making sense of. XD I'll try to get something typed up in the more standard way of writing patterns, but I'll probably need a few testers to make sure I didn't screw something up before releasing it. I have it in my head that I could get a book deal with the three patterns plus a female version of the deluxe doll, but I know that's a bit ambitious for someone who's only been crocheting for two and a half years...

sewhappysue: I might try that, if only to experiment with hdc's (I work almost exclusively with sc's, except when I'm following someone else's pattern). But would I be correct in assuming that If I made it the way you suggested, that the arm would only point downward? Because I made the deluxe doll with the intention of wiring the limbs so that it would be poseable (the prototype isn't wired, so it looks strange), if I made the arm the way you suggested, I don't know how well it would be able to lift its arm up. With a non-wired doll though, I'll try the hdc's and ss's.

This is what a wired doll looks like with one arm down and one arm up and out:

Does this look any better?

Kitiza: The nose was actually fairly simple. And strangely enough, I got the idea from a squid pattern: http://crochetme.com/media/p/94506.aspx The nose is done very similarly to the fins on the squid's head.

Again, thank you everyone! I'll post again when I have more of my first deluxe doll done. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

queenofcrows
Unrepentant Alistair/Jowan Whore

Ambiguous rubbish!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011 08:03:29 PM »

And for those wondering about me releasing a pattern for the deluxe doll, well, as it is now, it's just a mess of notes that even I have a hard time making sense of. XD I'll try to get something typed up in the more standard way of writing patterns, but I'll probably need a few testers to make sure I didn't screw something up before releasing it. I have it in my head that I could get a book deal with the three patterns plus a female version of the deluxe doll, but I know that's a bit ambitious for someone who's only been crocheting for two and a half years...

Oh, I would absolutely love to be a pattern tester for these! I volunteer wholeheartedly. They're not only fantastically done, they look like so much fun to make and dress up! I'd love to see a female version of the deluxe doll, too.

It's worth at least looking into a book deal, and if that doesn't work out you can always self-publish using Lulu or something. :3
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011 10:17:54 PM by queenofcrows » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I prefer male Grey Wardens.

"I am not playing. It's a carefully conceived tactical maneuver." ~Knight-Commander Greagoir

My deviantART (fiber + digital): http://queenofthecrows.deviantart.com
sewhappysue

addicted to dolls

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011 09:25:05 PM »

I dont know if it would be posable with wire or not. 99.9% of my dolls are made for the under 6 age bracket and they get very frustrated when dolly's arms stick out. The one you wired looks good. I'd say go for the gold with your book idea. Doesn't matter how long you've been crocheting, you have talent! If you run short on testers, just PM me. Always ready to help a fellow craftster. None of my kids or grands are interested in crocheting, just the fruits of my labors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamesofyou

Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011 01:31:02 AM »

I love what you've done here! They're amazing, and if you need a pattern tester, I'd be honored to whip up some of those!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brackish Potato
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011 02:30:05 PM »

Jaw-droppingly amazing! I recently decided that I'm no good at amigurumi because I hate sewing all the little pieces together. I would do bad things to get my hands on these patterns! Grin This totally rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a composite in Photoshop
How to Use the Deep blue Photoshop effect
How to Work with templates
How to Use the history brush
How to color Skin on hands in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...