A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mean Orgs?  (Read 3074 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FinchyMcFincherton
Eff-Emm-Eff

Keep Calm and Carry Yarn

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2011 10:50:47 AM »

Are there any provisions for mean/abusive Swap Organizers? I haven't had this problem first-hand, but I have heard of or witnessed orgs who weren't always nice or supportive of other crafters. Sure, nobody's perfect, but is there a way of reporting/dealing with this problem, other than a Help Desk Ticket? How is organizer feedback left anyway? Like, does the organizer just give it to themself when the swap is over? Is there any way for swap participants to give feedback on their organizers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011 10:58:05 AM »

Certainly if you feel that someone is being abusive or behaving in away that maligns the spirit of Craftster, you can always open a help desk ticket. Really, that's why the help desk is here--to help you out. Smiley  You can also PM one of the swap mods, but we're all volunteers with busy lives and sometimes it may be awhile before we can get back to you through PM. A help desk ticket is really the best way to make sure you're heard. Smiley

As far as feedback for organizers.. I know this is a topic that's brought up often (you can search the board for other mentions), but at this time, I don't believe having swappers leave feedback for the organizer is something that we're planning to add.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FinchyMcFincherton
Eff-Emm-Eff

Keep Calm and Carry Yarn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011 06:45:49 AM »

Alright. Thanks for letting me know!

<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011 09:01:47 AM »

I think some organizers have to be firm with members when they don't seem to understand or follow the rules...I know I get pretty testy when there is a lack of communication, which seems just rude...BUT, sometimes things happen like not having internet connections, family emergencies, etc.  Most organizers understand that, but when a person seems to "disappear", leaving their swap partner wondering and having hurt feelings, organizers take it personally...Sad

They want swapping in their swap to be fun for all: one bad apple spoils it and yeah, I think it can translate as being mean or unfair, but I find that it is usually the swapper who should be blaming themselves and not the organizer!

Good question, though, I was wondering if there was going to be a way to rate organizers...I guess not...so pick your swaps carefully! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011 02:15:10 PM »

I think it's something that would be hard to do. I could see swappers who are unhappy rating the organizer poorly, even if they tried their best to fix the problems, such as a flaking partner etc. I also find it very hard to convey emotions through typing, maybe it wasn't meant as harshly as the person took what was said. It's very easy to take things worse than they're meant to be over the internet. I just think that unless the organizer does nothing to help out with issues like finding a swap angel, or if they vanish themselves, rating the organizer themselves is a bit pointless because most of the problems people tend to have are with their partners or the package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011 02:18:14 PM »

good points...and very true from my experiences as an organizer and moderator! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011 08:28:40 AM »

I have to say I dont see how it would be to rate an org. Most people here have no clue how swaps run, how some are very difficult to keep track of and some people thing things should update everyday or that you should know someone is flaking when they are communicating, when the org in most cases bust rump and lets just say Jaynie get Temp Neg over what she has dont or not done, then as per the rules we have to change that feedback well in some cases that crafter might be pretty irked as they think they should not have received that etc... I am just on the fence as to how on earth it could be done with some swaps having 3 people and some having up to 50+ at times with orgs now having to be firm on feedback dates etc just wonder how spite would come into play...Just wondering...

I have had a few that would totally want to throttle me as an org as I am just the same across the board for the most part and if your sending unsat package, late as all get out, etc I will call you on it. Most of us here will. I am pretty laid back at times but have not a lot of wiggle room and dont think we should. Hell, had to leave one of my good friends Neg feedback that still stands and even if she fixed I would not allow her to swap with us again as it is just too much drama to others Cry

I dont know how you all would be able to rate orgs it would be IMO a TOUGH one to do....good luck coming up with this one it will be a diff. thing to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011 03:56:02 AM »

your sending unsat package...... etc I will call you on it.

ok, I have to admit I first read 'unsat' as short for "un-Saturday" and I couldn't figure out why sending on a day other than Saturday (un-Saturday) was a problem package  Huh  Then I realized it was 'unsatisfactory' which makes a lot more sense as a problem package  Embarrassed

uh, yah, never mind. obviously I need more sleep!  Grin  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011 11:02:24 AM »

i know what you mean babalina Ive had swappers irked with me because their partner flaked..i got messages saying how it was a terrible swap, that they were now put off swapping all together and how they didn't even want an angel because they just didn't care anymore...they just need to vent though which i can understand, but it does suck to be on the receiving end of that. All i did to fix it was give them an angel like I'm meant to, once they got their package they were really happy and realized that problems happen during the swapping process but it can almost always be fixed.
I think its good that they have the mods. because they go through the swaps and see whats going on, if there was anything to be concerned about I'm sure they would call the person on it...if you have a big problem you can also contact them so they can help you, its not like you have to just sit back if there is a real problem with the org. you have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011 11:24:29 AM »

I have been a co-organizer and an avid swapper for years.  
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011 10:15:02 PM by MareMare - Reason: to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet the 1st Line in Slitted Tree Skirts
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 7/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 2/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 5/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 3/7
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...