A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,474
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back to Hogwarts ~* Sendout Date Extended to Oct. 11 *~  (Read 60091 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #910 on: October 21, 2011 08:33:25 AM »

This may seem like a silly question - but how do we tag our projects? I've never been able to sort that out?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #911 on: October 21, 2011 10:51:19 AM »

Thought you guys would be amused by this... Western Kentucky University, where I work, is hosting the Kentucky Thespian Festival today and tomorrow.  Somehow the whole event is Harry Potter themed this year.  The Tech Olympics, which normally has 5 events, now has 7.  One of which is to shout "Sectumsempra!" and then have your team members manipulate a giant snake puppet across the stage.  (It's about 25 feet long and about 10" thick.)  Another event is to get out of your "Muggle" costume and into your Wizard Robes during a quick-change.  And of course, the Lumos Challenge, where you must correctly focus a light, add in a gobo & color change, then shout "Lumos!"

Then there's my project....  I'll be teaching a 1 hour lecture on the 5 Elements of Design (color, line, texture, shape & mass), as seen through the costumes of the Harry Potter films.  Yes folks, that's right.  It seems that if you have a Masters Degree and work in academia today, you too could be asked to give lectures on Harry Potter.  Oh, and I've been asked to give the lecture in costume.  The result of which is a very serious dilemma I now face.  Who to be today?  I look the part of Mrs. Weasley, and have the costume pieces.  But I also managed to pull together a McGonagall costume from things around my house and costume storage.  I kind of already am Mrs. Weasley, so that's easy.  But it's also rather tempting to give the lecture as a Hogwarts Professor...  Hmmm...  Maybe I'll have a mid-day costume change...

And now, off I go to finish my PowerPoint slide show that will accompany my lecture! 

P.S.  Ex_Gratia, I can't believe they did this the year after you graduated!!!

AWESOME! Would love to see that snake puppet in action. Maybe Ex_G can crash the party as a ghostly alumni of some sort!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #912 on: October 21, 2011 12:37:13 PM »

This may seem like a silly question - but how do we tag our projects? I've never been able to sort that out?
not a silly question at all...let's see if I can help...

On a thread, near the top left-hand corner, under the topic title (example: our topic title right now is "Topic: Back to Hogwarts ~* Sendout Date Extended to Oct. 11 *~  (Read 20134 times)") is "Tags for this thread:  Add new tag."  You click on "Add new tag" and a window will pop up where you can type in tags such as harry_potter or harry_potter_swap_gallery

Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011 12:38:05 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #913 on: October 21, 2011 03:26:52 PM »

SO much sense! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #914 on: October 26, 2011 08:29:15 AM »

ORGANIZER NOTE: I have sad news to report; it seems we have 2 flakers. Cry Cry  If you are interested in being an angel for sarabunny or Smeddley, please PM me.

A little about sarabunny
---SHOP: Quality Quidditch Supplies
---CLASS: Charms or Ancient Runes
---HOUSE: Ravenclaw for life!
---Lives in the USA
---Allergy: Scents
---Crafty Admirations: Knitting and crochet. Loves amigurumi. Has a hoopla wall, so embroidery is always fun.
---Especially like to receive: "Painted/decorated shoes, a bookbag style purse, hoopla, amigurumi, plush of any kind, etc. I'm actually extremely easy to please though so if you want to make something not listed here, go for it! I will love it as long as it's Harry Potter themed."
---Doesn't want to receive: already has a pygmy puff and quite an assortment of Ravenclaw jewelry, nothing scented please! Too many scents cases migraines
---http://pinterest.com/sarabunny/
---http://www.wists.com/sarabunny

A little about Smeddley
---SHOP: Slug and Jiggers Apothecary or Dogweed and Deathcap
---CLASS: Herbology
---HOUSE: Hufflepuff
---Lives is USA
---Allergies: none that affect swapping
---Crafty Admirations: Everything and anything
---Especially like to receive: general things I can use to organize and store my craft supplies are my favorite...prefers useful things pincushions, needlebooks, boxes/kits, bookmarks, potholders. etc, but that doesnt mean I dont like cute amigurumi and whatnot.
---Doesn't want to receive: probably wouldnt particularly care for much jewelry I already have a great deal of that!
---pinterest: http://pinterest.com/smeddley/

Remember to PM me, not reply in thread, if you are interested in angelling for sarabunny or Smeddley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #915 on: October 26, 2011 05:51:24 PM »

Thought you guys would be amused by this... Western Kentucky University, where I work, is hosting the Kentucky Thespian Festival today and tomorrow.  Somehow the whole event is Harry Potter themed this year.  The Tech Olympics, which normally has 5 events, now has 7.  One of which is to shout "Sectumsempra!" and then have your team members manipulate a giant snake puppet across the stage.  (It's about 25 feet long and about 10" thick.)  Another event is to get out of your "Muggle" costume and into your Wizard Robes during a quick-change.  And of course, the Lumos Challenge, where you must correctly focus a light, add in a gobo & color change, then shout "Lumos!"

Then there's my project....  I'll be teaching a 1 hour lecture on the 5 Elements of Design (color, line, texture, shape & mass), as seen through the costumes of the Harry Potter films.  Yes folks, that's right.  It seems that if you have a Masters Degree and work in academia today, you too could be asked to give lectures on Harry Potter.  Oh, and I've been asked to give the lecture in costume.  The result of which is a very serious dilemma I now face.  Who to be today?  I look the part of Mrs. Weasley, and have the costume pieces.  But I also managed to pull together a McGonagall costume from things around my house and costume storage.  I kind of already am Mrs. Weasley, so that's easy.  But it's also rather tempting to give the lecture as a Hogwarts Professor...  Hmmm...  Maybe I'll have a mid-day costume change...

And now, off I go to finish my PowerPoint slide show that will accompany my lecture!  

P.S.  Ex_Gratia, I can't believe they did this the year after you graduated!!!

What? They did this the year after I graduated from WKU too! Too crazy. I never knew there were so many craftsters in Bowling Green or on campus. Also if you worked with the theatre department we may have crossed paths unknowingly at some point... I worked in FAC as a German tutor!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011 08:45:44 PM by haroldlovesmaude » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #916 on: October 26, 2011 06:37:04 PM »

WOW!!! Shocked  Y'all are such generous spirits; my inbox was overflowing with angels!  Thank you so much to everyone who responded to angel.  And a BIG thank you to our angels Pixiefirefly (for sarabunny) and rossie (for Smeddley)! Kiss  I can't wait to see what y'all craft!  HAVE FUN! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #917 on: January 23, 2012 12:13:02 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS Wondrous HP Swappers!  We were selected as Craftster Best of 2011 Awesome Swaps!!!!  I knew you guys were the best! Grin  Thank you again for an amazing swap!!! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #918 on: January 23, 2012 04:35:46 PM »

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, US!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yzag
« Reply #919 on: January 24, 2012 09:56:38 AM »

Wow how fun! Thanks for such a wonderful swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trend Takeout: Go Head to Toe White Without Looking Like a Blank Spot
Trend Takeout: How to Rock the Sporty Look
Trend Takeout: High Waisted Shorts
Trend Takeout: Dressing Up for Rainy Weather
Trend Takeout: Geometric Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...