A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
719 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Squirrel Beer/Bottle Cozy  (Read 4885 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LunarPowered

Crafty, Culture-Conscious, Creature-loving Cowgirl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011 10:38:21 AM »

AWESOME! And Im so pleased that no craftsters left less-than-encouraging messages. I shall dub you the road kill queen II.

My neighbour was in the paper as "the road kill queen" because she makes crazy amouts of awesome things from road kill. I mean she will boil down and carefully take apart birds then reassemble the skelleton or once she painted an eagle on a gopher skull and mounted it inside an egg that she had cut in half.

You and my neighbour and inspired folks! Keep up the good work and I cant wait to see more of your road kill instalments.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Loves: Grandmother Moon, Pretty, Dragons, Water, Weather, Plants, My Handsome Cat, Life, and Sugar Skulls....ok and Star Trek TNG Smiley~
joelstitch
Post-Apocalyptic Gear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011 11:22:22 AM »

AWESOME! And Im so pleased that no craftsters left less-than-encouraging messages. I shall dub you the road kill queen II.

My neighbour was in the paper as "the road kill queen" because she makes crazy amouts of awesome things from road kill. I mean she will boil down and carefully take apart birds then reassemble the skelleton or once she painted an eagle on a gopher skull and mounted it inside an egg that she had cut in half.

You and my neighbour and inspired folks! Keep up the good work and I cant wait to see more of your road kill instalments.

Smiley

Road kill KING  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acherontia Aether

Morbid butterfly

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011 04:29:21 PM »

Anyway, I think it's cool but then I love alternative taxidermy. Grin I would happily use your bottle cover, but I would be concerned it might be construed as a homage to 'that brewery'.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011 07:08:42 PM by Aislynn - Reason: Edited for off topic content. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy.com/nz/shop/TriskeleCrafts

facebook.com/TriskeleNZ
joelstitch
Post-Apocalyptic Gear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011 05:23:22 PM »

Anyway, I think it's cool but then I love alternative taxidermy. Grin I would happily use your bottle cover, but I would be concerned it might be construed as a homage to 'that brewery'.

Well, like I said on my last post I read about that company after I made the pouch. I was searching to see if anybody has made anything similar to my bottle cozy.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011 07:09:02 PM by Aislynn - Reason: Edited quoted text for off topic content. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acherontia Aether

Morbid butterfly

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011 05:38:18 PM »

I don't mean concerned that it was intended to be. I just wouldn't want anyone to think it was. If that makes sense.

I can just picture fetching my squirrel beer cosy to show off to some unsuspecting friends, kissing the squirrel (OK that sounds wrong) and someone says 'It's just like the ....... beer holders'. Que me going on a rant like my last post, squirrel all forgotten.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011 05:47:03 PM by Acherontia Aether » THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy.com/nz/shop/TriskeleCrafts

facebook.com/TriskeleNZ
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011 01:43:27 AM »

I think that's so cool! 
I've always wanted to do up one after seeing the beer one forever back.

You know what would look really neat in the eyes?  Maybe if you found colored smooth stones- something in a dark green?  That would be neat.  Or even if you attached bits of felt behind the empty eyes.  I've seen a few dancing skins and shields done up that way.  It doesn't necessarily fill the eyes but gives a neat backing.  Cheesy

And indeed, that is a King of Roadkill project! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
willow wares
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011 12:53:37 PM »

It gives me the creeps, but I like that you can make that stuff. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cadet120433
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011 03:49:04 PM »

that is so interesting! i'm usually really sensitive when it comes to animals but this didn't strike me as morbid or sad. i think it's great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

October Crafty Inspirations! I made it!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361238.0
marcyoreilly
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011 10:14:46 PM »

hahahahahahahhaha this is awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunarPowered

Crafty, Culture-Conscious, Creature-loving Cowgirl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011 01:19:50 PM »

Dear Road Kill KING

I humbly request your forgivness. I am an unworthy-assumption-making subject.

L.P.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Loves: Grandmother Moon, Pretty, Dragons, Water, Weather, Plants, My Handsome Cat, Life, and Sugar Skulls....ok and Star Trek TNG Smiley~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tilt Shift Lens Tutorial
Exposure Bracketing
Shooting Into the Sun
Multiple Exposure Settings: Create Movement
How to Use a Lens Shade
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...