Lately, I’m obsessed with scrappy yarn projects! Ankle length socks? Skinny scarf? Hand warmers? Mixed media art? Whatever else you can knit, crochet or create with bits of fingering weight yarn? I would love to add some variety to my stash of fingering weight yarn scraps!
So how about a scrappy yarn swap? Here’s what I had in mind:
• We will swap mini skeins (~ 25 yards, but I’d recommend erring on the generous side if in doubt
) of fingering weight yarn
• There will be 5 swappers per group, and you will send out 2 mini skeins to each member in your group (i.e. send out ~ 200 yards and receive ~ 200 yards in return)
• The mini skeins will need to be labeled with brand name, colorway, etc.
The mini skeins will be a random mix of yarns…whatever you want to send to your partners. You do not have to send out the same yarns to all your partners (since some of you might have an abundance of fingering weight yarn scraps leftover from projects you’ve worked on).
Having said that, in the interest of trying to make sure that you’ll receive yarn that you like, there will be a question in the form asking for yarn preferences:
• Yarn Aficionado – high end yarns, hand dyed, exotic fiber content, indie, handspun
• Yarn Lover – regular yarns, all types of fibers, brands found at craft shops
• Surprise Me – no preference…will adore anything that looks and smells like fingering weight yarn!
Anyone wanna play?
I hope so! I really want to send out and receive a fresh mix of yarn scraps