A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recycled Outdoor Décor Gallery  (Read 4096 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

realityinvazion
Mrs. Nesbitt

I intend to deserve it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 03, 2011 01:46:21 AM »

We have a sender already!
And now we have a gallery. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

9 out of 10 British housewives can't tell the difference between my butter and a dead crab.
WendyTheSpaz
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011 07:41:51 PM »

I received! Not gonna lie, I saw that the package would be coming on Wednesday, so I made a point of putting off planting I had to do until Wednesday so I could be sitting outside waiting for the mailman! He finally came around 5pm, and I had my hands covered in dirt (of course) so I finished up everything I was doing as fast as possible to go open the package. Needless to say, mlheran sent me AMAZING items! I am SO EXCITED to decorate my little apartment balcony with them!

Here is the box. I could hardly take the time to snap a picture before I opened it up.

Along with the actual items, she also sent me a pack of Italian Pesto Basil seeds and Container Junior Sunflowers. Smiley

And here is a picture of everything that was inside:

Gah! She spoiled me!!

Such cute plant markers with the variety of herbs I am growing stamped onto them. Fun fact, I am going to be a teacher, so I love the ruler posts!

I know it looks like a jumbled mess, but these are old Christmas lights decorated with pink paper lanterns and pink flowers! I am so excited to hang this up! It will make my balcony so much more welcoming to go and sit on.

This is a super fantastic watering can made from a paint can. Mlheran used a drawer pull for the handle. I am just amazed by her craftiness.

Last but far from least, Mlheran made this BEAUTIFUL stained glass plaque. Seriously, I gasped when I saw it (I was squealing the entire time I opened the package though). I LOOOOOOOOVE the metal bird and flowers. Like really really LOVE them. I can't WAIT to hang this up.

So in short (but not short since this is a long post) I love everything I got. Thank you thank you thank you Mlheran!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pupper

If buttons ever become currency, I will be rich

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011 09:11:27 AM »

Beautiful package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BarkingBandits

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/Pupper

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pupper/

I love swapping craft supplies!
bobbinalong
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011 08:06:43 PM »

OooO, that stained glass is awesome!  I also like the pink lights, I can see a pink flamingo flocking to join you on your balcony!  Rulers for plant markers and a watering (paint) can, why is it I can never come up with such cute ideas?  Excellent package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WendyTheSpaz
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011 09:18:02 PM »

I know right! I am concerned I was FAR too un-crafty! After sending mine and receiving, I feel like SUCH a newbie  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mlheran

Jack of all trades

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011 11:25:24 PM »

Yay, I'm so glad everything made it to you! I had a lot of fun coming up with things, the recycled aspect was quite inspiring once I started looking through my stash of bits and bobs. Hope you get some good use out of everything!

And now it's my turn!
Unlike Wendy I didn't know the package would arrive yesterday, so it was a gleeful surprise when I returned from a long exhausting -and ultimately fruitless- day of shopping with my aunts (my aunts LOVE shopping, I do not Tongue). So finding a big box waiting in my driveway was such a pick-me-up!

And yaaaaaaaaay, I love my items! First up is an adorable wind-chime decorated with with a cute white bird on top and some fabulously patterned bamboo below -seriously, I love all the different patterns! I have a chicken and a duck windchime by my chicken coop so this will fit right in!

And the best thing ever -a garden chandelier! I love, love, LOVE candelight and Wendy delivered the one item I was especially hoping to get; it's wonderful! I put it over the picnic table on the deck where it will cast a magical glow in the evenings...

So pretty!!!

I love the items you crafted Wendy; thank you, thank you, thank you so much for a fun swap!

(And you may have noticed a few of the glasses are missing, I'm afraid they didn't survive the shipping -but I did save all the gorgeous beads! I actually have some glasses that I think will fit in perfectly -just need to dig them out of my garage stash- so no worries, it all adds to the recycled decor theme!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
swaps: -
WendyTheSpaz
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011 12:07:16 AM »

Sad Aw I'm sorry Michelle! I tried so hard to pack those glasses so that they wouldn't be jumbled around too much, but obviously I was unsuccessful. I'm glad you like the chandelier though. I came across it in multiple pieces at a garage sale and knew it would be perfect.

And as much as it probably doesn't look like it, I intended for the white bird to be a chicken, but I don't have much experience painting chickens... hence the white bird. Smiley I am glad the items are already in use and making your outdoors more exciting! I had so much fun figuring this out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leighmatheson
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011 08:52:10 AM »

That garden chandelier is amazing! Good job swap buddy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft Happily Yours,
Leigh
realityinvazion
Mrs. Nesbitt

I intend to deserve it.

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011 02:55:06 PM »

WoW! Those chandelier pieces are an awesome find! And That stained glass is beautiful; I wish I had skills in metalworking like that. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

9 out of 10 British housewives can't tell the difference between my butter and a dead crab.
Pupper

If buttons ever become currency, I will be rich

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011 10:03:51 AM »

According to the DC number, my partner greenfaerie should have received last week.  I hoped she liked everything.  This is what I made.

A reggae inspired stepping stone

Stamped herb spoon markers

A wind chime, I was really happy with how it turned out

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BarkingBandits

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/Pupper

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pupper/

I love swapping craft supplies!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marianna Hewitt The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 3
Alyssa Wallace: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Mallory Cornelison: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Mallory Cornelison: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
Megan Moore: The Revlon Makeover Challenge
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...