A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Love Languages Swap Gallery!  (Read 18191 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Spidersweb
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011 03:51:55 PM »

Finally!  I am still not sure why the post office help my package hostage.  They've never held-back something on delivery confirmation before; they've always just left it tucked into my storm door, you know?  In any event, I finally received this weekend, although, according to the USPS, they had it and first tried to deliver it the Monday prior.  (FWIW, the last package I got from xTroublex they left right there, no probs.)  Whiskey Tango, Post Office, whiskey tango...

Here are the contents of the amazingly stuffed box:

From center top: Latin Dragon bag, 3 coffee tumbler inserts with Latin sayings, Gaelic plaque with coordinating magnet, 3 Roman map magnets, 8 (count 'em, eight!) 'licet mihi ire ad latrinam' ('it is allowed for me to go to the bathroom' hall passes), a coffee tumble with "she who must be obeyed" in Latin, Latin school stickers, a map of Rome, and in the dead center a really pretty blue card with flowers.

Whew!  Kiss  You spoiled me, xTroublex!  I took the bag to school on Monday, and my students and I oohed and ahhed over the contents (not to mention the bag itself.  We picked some of the hall passes and half the stickers to go to the other Latin teacher next door (and I gave 1 to a visiting teacher today-- he's brand new to teaching and his school is a little bit rough).  My older students have set to translating the "stercus" tumbler insert with great gusto, but lucky for me, the Latin dictionary just says what it is in clinical terms, not the word that they'd rather use. 

Here are a few closeups:

I feel lucky to have had xTroublex twice in a row!  Everything was beautiful and she asked a ton of questions that I can see played into how she put things together!  Thanks for a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Spidersweb  (it's only a little filled out!)

In-Search-Of:
-> Stride "Sweet Cinnamon" If you have it in your area, will you PM me?  My mother loves it, and we can NEVER find it in our stores here.  Will negotiate for some!
Xandrigirly
Whatever you are, be a good one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011 04:41:55 PM »

Great package! Hall passes are a cool idea =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest . blog . etsy
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail."
IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2011 04:20:38 PM »

Oooh that interchangeable mug w/ papers is SO COOL! Makes me wish I took drinks on the go somewhere so I can show off such a cool mug!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gr33nT3a
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011 01:19:16 PM »

Finally getting pictures up of the awesome stuff Spidersweb sent me!

First the group shot. I got two lunch totes with different languages on them. I think the purple one says "tasty". I also recieved a necklace that says, "carpe diem", one of those foam mug things to keep drinks cold, a picture frame, and an awesome card that says thank you in Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, French, and English.

Detailing on the picture frame.

Look at that adorable pink argyle ribbon on the top and the way some of the words are shiny!

The necklace. I <3 the colors by the way.

And I think this is probably my favorite part. A close up of the smiley berry on the purple lunch tote. lol

Thanks very much Spidersweb! I really like everything and am sorry it took so long to get photos up. I hope to see pictures of the stuff I sent too soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Běifāng yǒu jiārn, jush r dl. Y g qīng rn chng, zi g qīng rn gu. Nng b zhī qīng chng yǔ qīng gu. Jiārn nn zi d.
北方有佳人,绝世而独立。一顾倾人城,再顾倾人国。宁不知倾城与倾国。佳人难再得。
crazyda79

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011 06:38:13 PM »

I love that necklace!!  So awesome!  Cool colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
xTroublex
Dharma bum

Fly or fall

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011 06:11:52 PM »

Woot!  Glad it arrived, sorry I haven't posted pictures yet.  Full time work + school is kicking my butt more than expected.  Will try to get those up this weekend.  Sorry :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011 05:53:28 PM »

My package finally arrived in Germany but I think poor Ruby is having technical difficulties (and is on holiday ATM) so she said she'll post pics later ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lilak Tygress
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2011 10:21:04 AM »

I'm just a lonely stalker, your packages are all great!!  I'm in love with that ASL clock!  That's going on my wists!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2011 02:25:12 PM »

Back from mini-holiday, and finally, pictures:

I had hoped to be IsikkahJai's partner ever since I've seen her turn up in swaps, and I'm happy we made it now, and boy, does she know me, because this stuff is exactly what I love.
First, a portrait of my favourite villain stitched into the card (got a translation for the text on the backside), kanzashis in my favourite colors, and a kodama cross stitch that I had been begging for.

Seeing kodamas (tree spirits from Princess Mononoke) is a good sign, and I got one in an earlier swap, but the more you see, the luckier. So now I'm extremely lucky to have these happy little sprites up my wall:

The moment I had hung up this hoop I knew why swaps are awesome, and why I'm so lucky to have had IsikkahJai as my partner.

And then there was THIS! (Already up my living room wall.)

A cross-stitch wall clock with Kunzite! With the numbers in Japanese! Seeing the live action series of Sailor Moon (with Kunzite!) was what made me go after my long year wish of learning Japanese, so this would be already a cool thing. What is really amazing is that for a while, I have been looking for a clock to replace our broken one, and didn't find one I like - and now Isikkah made me one. Mighty swap vibes at work!

There also was pretty Japanese fabric wrapped around the items.
Thank you IsikkahJai, for making these great things, but most of all for being a wonderful swap partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011 10:45:40 AM »

This honestly was one of the BEST swaps I've ever crafted for. You were an awesome, humorous, and warm-hearted partner and I would do it again in a heart beat----only I'd send sooner Grin lolz. I really cannot express how much love went into the package for my dear friend. I'm sincerely happy that everything was appreciated and even more, exactly what you needed -^^- (THANK YOU FOR POSTING PICS BTW!!!)  Grin Grin Grin Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...