A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,506
Currently Running With Scissors:
419 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Preparing and Organizing.  (Read 805 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

x-xThe_Stitchingsx-x
.C.O.P.

I wont leave a mark; I will leave my scar.

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2011 06:19:29 PM »

Hi Smiley

So first off, I'm heading to visit my sister in a few weeks and since her and my brother-in-law are going to be at work during the day, I want to bring my scrapbooking stuff to keep me occupied. That being said, how should I prepare for this? I'm guessing it would be something like getting ready for a crop but haven't been to one of those either. So, I'm asking, how you prepare yourself?

Also, how do you organize your supplies otherwise? Like, at the house. Right now, mines just in some plastic containers but those pretty much just have things stuffed in them because I can't get them to work otherwise. Whats your system?

Minor side note, I've been searching for a musice note stamp no bigger than inch and a half, cant find one anywhere. Ideas?

Im really interested in reading what you have to say.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{C.O.P. - Crazy, outspoken psycho}
BelleBeryl
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011 01:20:30 AM »

Just did a google search "what to take to a scrapbooking crop?" and I got lots of articles on this and there are also  tons of articles on organizing your supplies.
As to myself I have way too many hobbies so have to try to keep things together or I waste lots of time searching for supplies. I also sort out to themes so all xmas things are together etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
embercostumer
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011 01:22:01 PM »

I'm pretty new to scrapbooking and have never been to a crop either. To store my stuff at home I have a milk crate on it's side and I stack my boxes of stuff in there. I have a box of just paper, a box for my WIPs, a box of "scraps" leftover from other projects, a box for photos, and a box for supplies (scissors, markers etc) It's not a lot of stuff, I know! I got most of my boxes at Joann's--they are the $3.99 "photo boxes."

The ladies at scrapbook.com are pretty helpful too, you can probably get some good ideas from the forums there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website: www.embercostumes.com
richardm
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012 08:24:56 AM »

Well take time off to organize, you know an average person spends an aggregate of 6 years searching for things in real life.  It need not be perfectly arranged, just give it an hour or two a week just organizing your things.  Of course, if you'd rather not, just buy new then and let the next garage sale take care of the lost and found. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Foods For Better Skin and Hair
DIY Texturizing Beach Hair Spray
Nazanin Talks Fitness, Her Music, and Relationships
How To Get The Best Coral Lips
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...