A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pete and Pete Swap?  (Read 1131 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 01, 2011 06:55:00 PM »

So.... I'm obsessed with The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Became obsessed when the show was running on Nickelodeon first time around (early 90s), have stayed obsessed. And every time I'm faced with a swap where I can choose a show or character (ATCs, dotees, whimsies, what-have-you), I always list Pete and Pete, and I invariably run in to at least one other person who says, 'OMG! I loved that show, too!'

Anyhoo, excessive wordiness aside, hows about a Pete and Pete swap? Near as I can tell, there hasn't been a swap exclusive to the Brothers Pete. I'm thinking maybe 5 points? I'm totally open to sign up and crafting dates- if everyone wants to wait until after back-to-school shenanigans have settled down, that's fine. If timing's not an issue, then as soon as I can ascertain an interest, I'll organize. Either way, I am hoping to get at least a few responses. I would be sad if there was no interest, but I'll just keep swinging away at listing the show in other swaps.

Random crafting ideas:
Clothing- shirts for almost anything (Petunia, Wart Radio, The Blowholes, Krebstar products, Hellstrom Exterminators (remember Endless Mike's family business?) the Fightin' Squids, etc.), maybe a hat like Ellen's X=Why? from the episode where she boycotts algebra, Artie pajamas, Hathead's hat, the possibilities here are really endless.

Paper crafts- Papercut's weaponry, a book of memorable quotes, fridge poetry (shout out to NH822, who made me an AWESOME set of P&P fridge poetry in another swap!), 'safety' signs with bus drive Stu Benedict's memorable 'policies', maybe a brochure for little Pete's mine sweeping services, book of Artie quotes?

Miscellaneous- Orange Lazarus koozies, Mr. Tastee paraphernalia, scarves like Mrs. Vanderveer's, set of rules and questions for What Would You Do For A Dollar (it's the sport of Danish kings, you know!), anything based on the show's house band Polaris

I dunno..... my head seems to be exploding with nerdly and crafty goodness here. Anyone else even remotely interested?

http://www.youtube.com/v/pj5U9bY5pvE?version=3

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011 06:55:45 PM by pollyprissypants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rangerbeth
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011 07:20:24 PM »

I would kill for a "strongest man in the world" t shirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luvebuggy99

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011 07:52:45 PM »

Lol that was a great show! I'd love this swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap 'til you drop!

I love swapping altered puzzle pieces! PM ME! Smiley
worn wasted

Did you borrow my crayon set?AND MY MIND?!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011 08:57:09 PM »

That show was so unbelievably good.  I remember having a crush on Papercut. Lol!

It's so neat to watch again as an adult (and highly suggest it to anyone who has not!). The celebrity cameos and jokes that are passed right by as a child. A really really smart and witty show.

I would possibly be interested in a swap but think I need to watch the series again! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillrbassett
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011 02:33:35 AM »

This sounds like the best swap idea ever!! I would love a bunch of p&p related shirts!!! That'd be so cool! Unfortunately I'm the worst procrastinator...IN THE WORLD!! hahah. I tried a swap once and I felt like I could have put more effort into it if I hadn't procrastinated, which made me feel worse for the recipients.  I'd probably be willing to give swapping another try after school starts again. I'll be at a new college and living on campus, so I have no idea what to expect as far as how much free time i'll have to actually work on this. But I'll definitely keep checking back for updates on this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Message me if you're interested in buying custom costumes.

Sometimes I blog here: http://jillrbassett.wordpress.com/
jillrbassett
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011 02:41:12 AM »

By the way, after seeing this swap idea I decided to google pete and pete shirts just to get some ideas and I found a site that has a page all about pete and pete. First episodes, what it's about, character summaries, and if you scroll down far enough they've even got a few shirts including a wart radio, the marching band, "synchronize rear flaps," and mom's plate.

It's a good place for ideas, something for a bit of inspiration if anyone needs it. Here's a link:
http://www.squidoo.com/peteandpete
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Message me if you're interested in buying custom costumes.

Sometimes I blog here: http://jillrbassett.wordpress.com/
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011 07:27:22 AM »

So happy to see responses! I'm thinking that if I can get 7-10 people (of course, more would be super awesome) that are definitely interested, then that'd be enough to do a swap.

Thanks for the site, jillrbassett
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 100 Pokemon: Zekrom
Top 100 Pokemon: The Top 10
Behind the Scenes with Cali Swag District
How to Succeed on Deal or No Deal
How to Succeed at Rock Paper Scissors
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...