A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August 2011 Birthday Swap - Gallery and discussion  (Read 7680 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aidenromantic
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2011 03:37:10 PM »

I'm glad that you liked the box Cheesy I have to share though, he didn't start out a full reject...he had a loose string that was bothering me so I went to pull it off and it happened to be the string to shut his face  Angry I was at Ft. Pickett at the time and won him...well by defination I didn't win. I told the poor teen operating the game I had to have it, I love pikachu and have one tattooed on my butt and if I didn't leave with one he would see a solider cry. ANYWAYS, the only thread I could find at the PX there was ACU nylon thread and went to town. He is half a reject with some legit battle scars.

When I saw you liked Poke'mon I knew I was going to spoil you with goodies because I can relate to poke'love.

Haha, well, Toy Factory plushies that end up in the games are pretty much always rejected from the factory anyway. You can buy the better looking ones directly from the company, but they cost a lot. Smiley But I love them and their squishy faces. I love scarface Pikachu either way. Smiley I've actually got my head laying on him now as I type this. He's a convenient pillow for when I lay down and use my laptop. Cheesy

And I definitely love the package. The only thing I'd suggest doing differently is putting a sealant over the cards (or anything else you glue on) on the trinket box so that it's not sticky. Smiley I've got some Modge Podge that I'm going to apply to it to seal it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Working on getting my overdue swaps out after life got in the way.
MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2011 03:43:07 PM »

I'm glad that you liked the box Cheesy I have to share though, he didn't start out a full reject...he had a loose string that was bothering me so I went to pull it off and it happened to be the string to shut his face  Angry I was at Ft. Pickett at the time and won him...well by defination I didn't win. I told the poor teen operating the game I had to have it, I love pikachu and have one tattooed on my butt and if I didn't leave with one he would see a solider cry. ANYWAYS, the only thread I could find at the PX there was ACU nylon thread and went to town. He is half a reject with some legit battle scars.

When I saw you liked Poke'mon I knew I was going to spoil you with goodies because I can relate to poke'love.

Haha, well, Toy Factory plushies that end up in the games are pretty much always rejected from the factory anyway. You can buy the better looking ones directly from the company, but they cost a lot. Smiley But I love them and their squishy faces. I love scarface Pikachu either way. Smiley I've actually got my head laying on him now as I type this. He's a convenient pillow for when I lay down and use my laptop. Cheesy

And I definitely love the package. The only thing I'd suggest doing differently is putting a sealant over the cards (or anything else you glue on) on the trinket box so that it's not sticky. Smiley I've got some Modge Podge that I'm going to apply to it to seal it.

modge podge was the original idea for it and I even had it in my hand when I saw this spray can of glue...its by 3m, never ever use it. It advertised for easy adhesive without running of ink, and oh it dries sooooo fast, which wasn't true at all. It was a sight of me trying to adhear those cards on the box clean as possible. I regret getting that and not modge podge so much.

I was so excited in my little kid first swap glee that as soon as I had it made and dried...well it seemed dry the cards were staying in place I went to the post office covered in spray glue made by the devil and bits of pokemon cards stuck to my body to send it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Whistley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Adventure is out there!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2011 04:40:18 PM »

So I pick up the mail this afternoon and there is a package for me. It's not my birthday... I think. Then I remember, Oh yeah! It kinda is! Silvermoon totally spoiled me!

The loot

Stitch markers and keychain

They are so cute! I think my favorite is the one with the fork and spoon. I didn't get an individual picture of the Smarties - I had to hide them before the kiddos could run off with them. They're mine!

The dragon

She (my daughter has decided that she's a she) is straight off of my pinterest - only in my color!

The cupcake - she is also straight off my pinterest. Just a regular cupcake (I love the colors you picked btw).

and...

nuuuuuuuude!

Thank you Silvermoon! I LOVE it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2011 05:06:39 PM »

Grin
I'm glad you like it all. I must say, I didn't make the stitch markers myself, I got them in a supplies swap, but I don't really use that sort. Doing things in the round I much prefer using a contrasting bit of yarn and carrying it up the piece - that way when I lose count of what row I'm on I can count the bits of yarn showing! lol

I'm really glad I picked your cupcake to do, because I found a new ami pattern to use now (a cupcake, duh) and it is very handy for last minute gifts. Like when my 5yo came home from school, saw yours, and said her friend's birthday was the next day and could I make one to take to school tomorrow as a present.  Roll Eyes Still, last time she did that it was a fairy that took me two days, so this is better lol

Hope you had a great birthday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leighmatheson
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2011 10:03:59 PM »

So jealous of your naked cupcake! Too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft Happily Yours,
Leigh
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2011 05:37:55 PM »

From Your Happy Birthday Organizer:

Please PM me when you receive!
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2011 06:28:46 AM »

Just FYI...claims will close at 6 pm on Wednesday!

If you have fulfilled your swap obligations at that point, I will give you your feedback. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2011 02:47:46 PM »

Here's my fabulous, music themed package from Aidenromantic! I got it a few days ago and I apologize to her for not getting pics up sooner.

She made me a great journal with a cool method--she wrote various song lyrics down and then covered it in a fabric that's a little see through (polka dots! yum!) so you can still see the lyrics. I love journals and can never have enough!

close-up

Plus! She's got music connections and included all kinds of fun extras--cd's, stickers, and Beastie Boys pins! The stickers were inside the journal so that was fun to find them! I found even more in there after snapping the pic!

Thanks Aidenromantic, what a great bday present!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2011 09:45:10 PM »

I like the fabric covered journal. It's very clever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2011 11:05:00 PM »

Just FYI...claims will close at 6 pm on Wednesday!

If you have fulfilled your swap obligations at that point, I will give you your feedback. Smiley

I want to claim again, but I don't get paid again for 3 weeks, so I can't post out in time Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Advent Wreath
How to Make a No-Sew Superhero Cape
How To Build a Starship Enterprise Out of a Floppy Disk
How to Turn Soap Slivers Into a New Bar of Soap
How to Make an Optical Illusion Ring
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...