A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,185
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August 2011 Birthday Swap  (Read 6190 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 01, 2011 02:31:47 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who has a history of late sending or poor communication. This is a BIRTHDAY swap. No one should be flaked on on their birthday.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387266.0

Swap name: August 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TroubleT
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range: August 1-31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread:

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387266.0    Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me and TroubleT by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put August Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me (TroubleT) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:

Proper label:
"August Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by August 14
kaz814 to TroubleT -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):

Name of swap: August 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387266.0  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- August 2011 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387266.0

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

June 2011 Birthday List
June 2011 Swap Discussion and Gallery
July 2011 Birthday List
July 2011 Swap Discussion and Gallery
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011 02:12:09 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011 02:43:27 AM »

Birthday Swappers
Whistley FOC - Aug. 14 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
.:dollface:. - Aug 19 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
lacey0828 FOC - Aug 28 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
ironic - Aug 16 - (0,0,2) - receiving 2 gifts
christyross - Aug 4 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
sushipanda - Aug 20 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
SilverMoon - Aug 26 - (0,0,2) - receiving 1 gift
Aidenromantic - Aug 15 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
MareMare FOC - Aug 8 - (0,0,3) - receiving 2 gifts
ChameleonHound FOC - Aug 24 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
gogosummer - Aug 8 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
MadHatteh FIRST TIME SWAPPER!  Smiley - Aug 9 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift

Non-Birthday Swappers
TroubleT - (0,0,2)
h-chan - (0,0,1)

Claims

Sent
Received
Late w/ communication
Contact Organizer ASAP!

Aug 15

ironic > whistley: something Princess Bride
ironic > lacey0828: a messenger bag

Aug. 16
christyross > .:dollface:. : feather headband
lacey0828> christyross : a stenciled piratey shirt and a small wisty surprise
Whistley > ironic : a "hello my name is inigo montoya name badge pin" and for some teacup candles

Aug 17
SilverMoon > Whistley: cupcake amigurumi & a pintresty suprise
SilverMoon > ironic : monster messenger bag

Aug 19
sushipanda > Aidenromantic : "Anything Pokemon"

Aug 20
.:dollface:. > SilverMoon : "embroidered hoops"

Aug 23
MareMare > christyross: tote bag and surprise craft supplies
Aidenromantic > MareMare: surprise gift

Aug 26

MareMare > sushipanda: panda themed surprise

Aug 31

Chameleonhound > lacey0828: either a sea-life hoopla or a stenciled tee
gogosummer > MareMare: handmade journal
h-chan > ChameleonHound: a wisty surprise, us map, something extra

Sept 3
TroubleT > MareMare: a wisty/pinterest surprise!

Sept 6
MadHatteh > Aidenromantic: something Pokemon

Sept 7
MareMare -->MadHatteh for soap, zippered pouches, and buttons

Sept 9
TroubleT > gogosummer: zippered pouches and supplies
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011 03:25:23 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011 07:01:03 PM »

Cheesy Happy Birthday August Babies!!! Cheesy

About me:
I'm Whistley, I am a crafty full-time stay at home mommy from Utah, USA. I'll be one year older on August 14th. I am married to my best friend and we have 3 amazing kiddos (5, 3 and 6 months) and a silly dog. My profile has more info about me.

I love "the Princess Bride, Disney, Doctor Who, Merlin, Ron Swanson (from Parks and Recreation), old school Nintendo and cute cryptids. I love animals (esp. foresty ones like moose, porcupines, bears, foxes etc.).  My favorite color is purple but I love most bright, fun colors. I sew, knit, crochet, carve stamps, and dabble in whatever craft suits my fancy at the moment.

I do not like mature/adult or gory themes no zombies or skulls please. Also, Im not a huge fan of neon colors or old lady/grandma-ish prints. We do have smoke allergies.

Crafts
*Anything related to the Princess Bride (hoopla, stuffies, bags, shirts, boxes, shrines, art,  jewelry get creative!) --thank you ironic! (I'm leaving this one up Wink)
*A wallet
*A needle book
*A day bag (not a huge travel bag) for our Disney land trip
*zippered pouches
*a knit slouchy hat
*fun pin cushions (inspired by my info, not the tomato ones)
*altered altoid tin to use as a mini first-aid kit (an altered mini first-aid kit box would be awesome too!)
*Fun stitch markers (knitting or crochet)
* a handmade journal
*a stuffie/amigurumi of this cupcake http://pinterest.com/pin/52873822/ --Thank you SilverMoon!
* an amigurumi/stuffie of a wild haggis
*a cd/dvd case/holder (sewn OR bought + embellished )
*a taggy blanket for my baby boy
*A sun hat for my baby boy with Mickey Mouse ears on it (can this be done?)
*6-9 month old onesies/shirts embroidered/stenciled with Disney stuff (this is our babys 1st trip to Disneyland)
*A surprise from or inspired by my profile, my likes or my pinterest --Thanks SilverMoon! (I'm leaving this one up too;))

Craft supplies
*Fabric (I love fun novelty prints)
*large lobster clasps
*Scrabble tiles
*Embroidery hoops
*a 3mm crochet hook
*row counters (the little dials that help keep track of what row you're knitting/crocheting)
*1 square paper punch
*Sharpies! --thanks ironic!
*zippers
*Amy Butler Weekender bag pattern

Extras
*Flavored almonds
*Canadian Smarties (yum!)
*Swedish fish
*Childrens picture books (gently used is great)
*Sharpies!

Thank you in advance for claiming me! Feel free to pm me with any questions.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011 10:46:11 AM by Whistley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
ironic
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011 07:12:09 PM »

Hi! My name is Trystan, and Ill be turning 21 on the 16th this year. I'm from Oregon!  Im going to college to be a 4th grade teacher. Yippee-Im stuck in summer school! I still live with my Mom and my 4 younger siblings at home. My favorite colors are: blue, purple, green, brown.
Crafted Items
Any size/color felted bowlplease not pink though..
Homemade soap/lotion/sprayI like sandalwood/rose/musty scents
Spats in any color
 A red tutu
 Rainbow button cuff
A tape measure braclet
Upcycled sweater boots
A poka dot summer dress
A front zipper dress
A strippy dress
A "hello my name is Indigo Montoya" name badge pin---THANKS!!!!! Whistley
Tea cup candles--THANKS!!!!! Whistley  
Stripped knitted hat-I like em slouchy
Something based off my favorite band Silversun Pickups
Coiled fabric baskets
A stenciled steampunk or owl and trees theme zip up hoodie
Tree of life necklace in brown and green
Crazy and loud looking hair barrettes or head band-I have short pink hair
Alice in Wonderland surpriseNot the Disney version please
Painted shoes (Im a size 10)
Cloth Pads
Felted cloche
Strippy knit socks
Mad Hatter head band
A monster messenger-bag---Thanks SilverMoon!!!
Stenciled shirt w/The Littlest Prince design (best book ever)
Wooden Ring (Im a size 10/11-I have fatty fingers)
Anything Steam-punk
A long stripped button down cardigan
A stenciled (dark colored) shirt/hoodie that says in white/a light color - "THERE ≠ THEIR ≠ THEY'RE [next line] LEARN THE DIFFERENCE"
A rainbow patchwork skirt with lots of pockets!
Rubber duckie Socks like the http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rubberduck-socksse
Legwarmers like: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/twisted-ankles in teal blue
Mittens like http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chrysanthemums-2 (in yellow and blue)
Wrist warmers like http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sourwood-mountain  
Wrist warmers like http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bird-and-vine-mitts
Wrist warmers like http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jellyfish-mitts
A surprise
Supplies
 Fabric markers/paint (Im pro-used!)
Thrift store tee shirts (Im making a quilt)
HUGE old thrift store sweaters in greens and browns (Im making a dress-Im a 4xl)
Shrinky-Dinks
Solid Color Fabric (brown, lime green, green, purple, blue, and black would be greatly appreciated)
Lace
Mod Podge
Mini-canvases
Any size Photo frames (I like to stencil dollies on them)
Felt
Stuff to make scrabble tile jewelry with

Extra Love
Espresso beans dipped in milk chocolateyum!
TY babies
The new RHCP cd..lol yeah I know, it was worth a shot. 
Multi-color hair dye
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011 11:59:42 PM by ironic » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lacey0828
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011 07:40:52 PM »

Hi, I'm Tracy I will be 32 on August 28th! I live in Arizona, US, but was born and raised in Chicago and  that will always be my hometown (I really hate it out in AZ). I've been married 8 years, have 2 dogs both beagles and 2 red-eared slider turtles. I work in a dead end job that's far from my house so I prefer not to talk about it. I'm getting excited football season is coming up, I am a Philadelphia Eagles fan (my husband got me to be), but I still love my Chicago Bears. I have a weird obsession with trees, I love everything about them, mostly dead ones, but I like the alive ones too. I love fall colors, reds, greens, oranges, browns, and my favorite single color is blue. I like most any color so don't feel stuck to those colors. I like most all designs as well, but not a big fan of paisley. I like to think I'm very easy to please Smiley As much as I love chocolate, I would suggest not sending anything that will melt in this Arizona heat, including candles.

Please see my wists (link in profile) so you can get a sense of my style (I know, I've bombarded it with trees).

Crafts:
Tree Branch Zippered Hoodie (I like them baggie, Men's M or L), could be stenciled, sewn, or whatever you like.
Yoga pants size 10 or L.
Medium Sized purse maybe with a zipper and pockets inside
Embroidered towels with leaves and/or trees for my bathroom
Thin material PJ pants size L
Philadelphia Eagles anything, (clothing, artwork, etc)
Stenciled T-shirts (trees, owls, turtles, etc) Thanks ChameleonHound(if you decide to make this Smiley)
Gazebo anything (we got married in a beautiful white gazebo)
Craft Apron
Fun skirt knee length or longer size 10 or L
Messenger bag THANK YOU IRONIC!!!!!!!!
Iron pad http://sewing.craftgossip.com/make-a-chic-tabletop-ironing-pad/2009/01/07/
Microwave heat packs
Ipod Nano holster to clip to my pants
Fabric Calendar http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=294536.0
DIY resin kit
Pretty planters (I want to grow some veggies and herbs in planters)
Anything Scottish (my heritage is part of the Fraser clan)
Sealife (whales, turtles, sea horse, sting ray, etc) hoopla for my bedroom Thanks ChameleonHound(if you decide to make this Smiley)
Rug to put under Rockband drum set to prevent it from sliding across the hardwood floor.
Silencer covers for Rockband drum set
Cover for Rockband drum set to keep dust off
A wisty surprise! My wist is in my profile

Supplies:
I have no problem with new or used
fabric! (FQ, yds, full yd)
film reels
old picture slides
buttons
quilt bindings
different colored threads
Canadian scrapbook paper, album, stickers, etc. (I went to Canada on vacation last year and am dying to put my pics together)

Thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday and Happy Birthday to you too!!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011 05:32:33 AM by lacey0828 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:dollface:.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011 08:14:28 PM »

Hi, I'm Lisa.  I will be 28 on August 19th.  I live in BC, Canada.  I'm 4 months pregnant with my first kid and I'm going to be a single mom.  I'm pretty sure this will be my last birthday (for awhile) where it's all about me! lol

Please check out my Pintrest (more recent than my wist) for inspiration.

Likes: jewel tones (teal/turquoise, purple, dark yellow) and all other colors, polka dots, sheep/lambs, textiles (I went to school for 2 years for textiles, so knitting, spinning, weaving, embroidery, screen printing etc), mixed media, ruffles and lace,etc
Dislikes: chocolate (not a big fan, love candy though lol), goth, um, that's all I can think of right now.  Any questions, feel free to ask Smiley

Handmade Gifts:
- sheep fingerless gloves (pintrest - knitting section)
- fabric flower earrings (pintrest - sewing section)
- lacy shawlette
- ruffle pillows (pintrest - home decor)
- hand dyed braids or drum carded batts for spinning
- feather headband or hair pin  thank you christyross!!
- a surprise from my pintrest Smiley

Supplies:
- acid dyes (for wool)
- embroidery thread
- paper ephemera (for altered books and collage)
- ball winder

Extras:
- candy

Happy Birthday and Happy Crafting!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011 02:52:32 PM by .:dollface:. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
christyross
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011 04:04:04 AM »

Hi!! My Name is Christy, I'll be 31 on August 4th. I live in Eldon, MO which is by the Lake of the Ozarks but was born and raised in Kansas City,MO . I live with my significant other and my beautiful daughters 11 and 12. We have one cat, Mia. I work as a Certified Nursing Assistant/ Certified Medication Technician. I LOVE Chiefs football, pirates and vampires!! I'm pretty new to this crafting business thanks to some good friends I got interested and now LOVE to craft and with that being said I'm pretty open as far as crafts I receive.... I like to see the different things people can come up with.
I have a Wist so you can some inspiration from there Smiley

Handmade gifts:
Stenciled shirt/hoodie size Xl(anything piratey or vampirish)- Thank you lacey0828
Hair Fascinator or headbands with feathers
Charm bracelet
Wall art with an inspirational quote( I LOVE QUOTES!!)
Any kind of handmade jewelery
Tote Bag- Thank you MareMare
A Wisty surprise
Hooplas

Supplies:
Surprise ME!! I'm trying to get my craft supply going!!
Scrapbook supplies
Ribbon
Paints
Sharpies
feathers
Flowers

Extras:
Any Kind of Candy!! =)

An early thanks for helping me celebrate MY day!! Happy Birthday to the August babies!!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011 10:23:14 PM by christyross » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sushipanda
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011 08:35:56 PM »

Hi everybody!  Happy birthday to all the August babies!!  I'll be turning 25 on the 20th.  Shocked  I'm from Hawaii and it's summer here all year long.  I'm currently working my way towards an MD.  I enjoy crafting with polymer clay and I love to venture into different types of crafts - whatever I'm in the mood for at the moment.  I like most colors, except pink.  I like cute and silly things.  Pandas are adorable!!  My favorite shows are The Office (US version), Scrubs, and Reno 911.

Crafted items:
* 1" pin back buttons - examples
* cute hat
* necklace pendant - examples
* faux fox scarf
* shoulder length ear cuff
* work blouse - examples
* simple black gaucho pants
* carved stamps
* panda surprise! Thank you MareMare!! Cheesy
* pinterest surprise!!

Supplies:
I would appreciated new & used supplies  Wink
http://pinterest.com/junpei/wishing-for-supplies/
* how to kit: rubber stamp carving
* small silver aanraku bails
* resin
* slider tins
* clear glass squares
* resistors
* metallic colored polymer clay (steampunk)
* mica powder
* lobster claw clasps
* square pendant trays
* semi-translucent shrinkable plastic
* spray on chalkboard
* fabric scraps (used to make 1" fabric buttons)

Extras:
* Gummy candy
* Dark chocolate

Thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday!  Let me know if you have any questions. Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011 03:14:57 AM by sushipanda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011 09:14:09 PM »

My name is Susan, and I'm turning 30 on the 26th. I love anything to do with dragons, and have a very detailed pintrest for both crafty things and bought things, plus lots of my likes and interests, so there's plenty of inspiration and a feel for what I like.
I also have a detailed questionnaire page on my blog. It has some common questions and also some sizes and measurements.
I live in Australia with my partner and 3 kids. I'm not religious or easily offended. My favourite colours are Purple, Silver, Rainbow, Black

My eldest son is allergic to dogs and cats so please don't claim me for yarn or fabric type things if you have either. Things like jewellery, hooplas/wall art and anything that won't hold saliva/fur is ok to come from pet households though

I'm more than happy for you suprise me with anything from, or inspired by, my Pintrest Smiley

CRAFTS:
Chunky cuff bracelets
Embroidered hoops Thanks .:dollface:. !
anything rainbow or dragon
knitted gargoyle http://pinterest.com/pin/89410353/ (or a pattern for a crochet one)
stud earrings
I'm addicted to button badges!
patches or quilted squares for a TeeshaMoore/sheepBlue style bag I want to make. I'd love Craftster contributed squares!

SUPPLIES:
I would love to get some skeins of Bernat Mosaic (Psychedelic colorway) - I can't find it anywhere here in Oz!
Craft how to kits: I'd love to learn leatherwork, knitting, polymer clay, stamp carving
papers for ATCs
ink pads for stamping
3.5mm crochet hooks - I've snapped two (metal ones) in the last year, so I can always use more.
altoid tins (I can't get them here either!)
freezer paper for stenciling (also not available here)
shrinky dink pages
(there's also a whole board of supply type things on my Pintrest)

EXTRAS:
I like peanut butter and chocolate combinations. We can get American candy here, but it's very expensive.
Gummies
jigsaw cookie cutter

When considering claiming me, or what to put in my parcel, please take a look at the customs and quarentine restrictions. Sometimes things can get through, but sometimes the receiver can be threatened with a fine - feel free to PM me if you want to check anything.

Thanks for claiming me, and I'm quite happy to discuss things - don't worry, I don't bite! Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011 03:45:03 PM by SilverMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aidenromantic
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011 04:24:19 AM »

About me:

I'm Cynthia and I reside in the USA. Smiley I'll be 26 on the 15th of August. I'm a crafty homemaker and wife, I've been married to the most wonderful and understanding man for 4 1/2 years. We currently don't have any human children, but we have 5 furry children; 2 ferrets and 3 Beagle pups. Needless to say I do not have a pet allergy, however I do have many allergies, including smoke, lotion, and perfume. The rest of my allergies are food and outside related, so they won't matter here, since I don't think anyone plans to send me eggs or fresh cut grass. Smiley I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 20 years old and I have a hard time maintaining my body temperate under 100 degrees, so please don't surprise me with a beanie, scarf, gloves, etc as I wouldn't use them as much as someone else might, and I'd feel like I wasted your talent on someone who couldn't use it. I do, however, love zipped hoodies and wear them whenever I get the chance. I run the Pokemon Organized Play league in my city and I'm going through the training courses to become a Girl Scout troop leader.

I love Pokemon a lot. My other favorites are Emily the Strange, Final Fantasy XI Online (none of the others), Nightmare Before Christmas, teddy bears (or real bears, especially the polar variety), Hello Kitty, Care Bears (old and new, though old is better), and music. I don't have a favorite color, though I'm partial to the shade of black it seems. I currently love to sew, though I can do many other crafty things, such as paint, make jewelry/charm bracelets, draw, scrapbook and more.

Please do not send me mature or adult themed items. Skulls are cool, especially the cute ones with bows. I do not like floral printed things. If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me. My earring size is 14 guage, so please don't send earrings unless they are 14 guage.

Crafts

- Anything Pokemon (pillow, charms, sculptures, plushies, amigurumi, etc) (I can give you a list of the Pokemon I like the most if you PM me Smiley ) Thank you sushipanda. I will be keeping this one up, can't get enough of Pokemon stuff. Cheesy
-- I would be especially grateful for a knitted/amigurumi/sewed Axew and Emolga that are roughly the same size and a little matching apple to go with them would be the best. (http://i56.tinypic.com/30cw3kw.jpg so cute)

- Emily the Strange cosplay parts:
-- dress (size 2x), the tights (I'd rather stretchy black pants instead of tights, size 24), kitty ears, "save yourself" red and black cape, black and red mask. Grey "cat nip" messenger bag. (I have tons of pictures of all this and can take more, since I own the two dolls)
- Super soft black kitty (about 7 inches or more) to go with a Emily the Strange cosplay outfit (complete with the cape and mask and collar would be amazing) (picture here I have so many more pictures of this kitty from different angles, just ask. Smiley )

- Any size Emily the Strange Rag Doll (with black cat would be amazing)

- Handmade versions of the Skelanimals versions of the Emily the Strange cats. Miles Neechee Mystery Sabbath (I have pictures if you think you might want to do this or you can find them by searching Emily the Strange Skele Posse on google)

- A handmade, Pokemon themed notebook thing with clear sleeves, big enough to hold a poker chip sized coin. I'd like it to hold at least 6 per page, if not more.

- A set of handmade Pokemon playing cards.

- A patterned fleece teddy bear (like giant multicolored polka dots or a fun pattern)

- A handmade Pokemon, Emily the Strange, Nightmare Before Christmas change purse, messenger bag, DS Lite case, iPod Classic case

- A handmade version of this kitty (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BiDyIpJ1L.jpg)

new!- inchies! Preferably related to bands I love (ask me for a list if you would like), or rock music in general. This is for a decor project.
new!- inchies! Pokemon! This is also for a decor project, for my Pokemon collection area.
new!- inchies! Emily the Strange. Another decor project.
new!- ATC's in the themes of my favorite bands, Pokemon or Emily the Strange.
new!- a bag to keep my colored pencils in.
new!- a pinterest surprise THIS
new!- Kuromi plush
new!- Punk rock Hello Kitty plush
new!- Gothic Hello Kitty plush

Craft supplies

- 12mm lobster claw clasps (or other sizes as long as they're not huge)
- 5, 7 and 9mm jump rings
- shrinky-dink plastic paper stuff
- Fabric pieces (any usable sizes) (felt, fleece, super soft material)
- Sharpies (especially a couple thin black ones)
- Crayola colored pencils, preferably with lots of colors, but any will do.
- embroidery floss
new!- THIS cake pan
new!- THIS Pattern set
new!- Felt food patterns examples at the url.

Extras

- Pokemon Cards, especially from the newer Black and White set. Smiley
- Random Japanese candy Cheesy

Thank you ahead of time. And Happy Birthday to the fellow Augusters. If you need more ideas, let me know. I'm really very open, it's just hard to think of things right off the top of my head sometimes. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011 12:51:28 AM by Aidenromantic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Working on getting my overdue swaps out after life got in the way.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Malaysian Chicken Satay
How to Cook Lamb Madras
How to Cook Indian Lamb Kebabs
How to Cook Keang Paneang Gai
How to Cook Egg Bhurjee
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...