A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Round 3 - Claims through 8/31/11  (Read 5116 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 31, 2011 04:50:00 PM »

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/bajita42/IMG_1039.jpg

OHS round 3 Discussion/Gallery Thread

We welcome all levels of embroiderers! Please do not feel intimidated if you are new to this craft! We love all HOOPLA! Cheesy

I reserve the right to deny participation in this swap to anyone who has a swap profile that shows a history of poor communication and/or late sending.

If you are a returning Hoopla swapper and you are still waiting for a package from Round 2 to arrive, you must wait until it has arrived before you can join Round 3.

Swap name: Ongoing Hoopla Swap Round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TroubleT
Sign-up date range: 8/1/11 8/31/11
Last Day to Claim: 8/31/11
Date to send item by: 3 weeks after you claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Additional Age requirement? NO
*DC #s are required*

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: YES

SWAP INFO
Who isn't in love with Hooplas right now? Who can't wait to fill a whole wall with inspiring stitchy creations? This swap is for you! This is an ongoing swap which will run until the end of May, and allows all the participants the laid back fun of claiming each other for themes and techniques. Each participant will be making hoopla that meets the medium requirement of at least 2 hours of stitching time for each claim they make. Itching for some 3-D fun, or dying for someone to stitch you up a fabulous quote? Join us!!

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*
When sending PMs, please label them as Ongoing Hoopla Swap with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Please send to TroubleT and include the words "Ongoing Hoopla R3 swap (or OHS3) Approval  in the PM title.
*Name of swap: Ongoing Hoopla Swap R3
*Craftster username:
*Email address:
*Your real name:
*Mailing address including the country:
*Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
*Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
*Are you a Friend of Craftster?
*Do you have access to a camera so you can post pictures here of what you receive? (if not, you need to tell anyone who claims you, so that they are able to take pictures before sending)
*Do you have a wish list of a minimum of 5 themes for swappers to claim from, detailing your likes and dislikes?
*How many claims are you allowed to have outstanding?
*Which craftsterers do you need to PM in regards to all approval, sending and receiving information?

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join this swap! Sign-ups are open until August 31st.  PM the organizer the above questionnaire to get started, and please wait to be accepted into the swap before making any claims. Please make sure you are not late in any of your other swaps before committing to this one.

To join this round you must be cleared in all Ongoing Hoopla Swaps through Round 2 (except for international delivery).  You also cannot join this swap if you are currently late in Round 2. Do not join this swap if you are late in other swaps.  Please make those swaps your priority.

HOW THIS SWAP WORKS:
Claims are made throughout the month.  You have three weeks from the time you make a claim to send that claim.
You can make as many (or as few) claims as you want throughout the month as long as you never go over your allowed amount of outstanding claims. (An outstanding claim is a hoopla that has not been received; when that hoopla is received your number of outstanding claims goes down leaving you open to bring it back up to 2 or 3.) If, at any point, you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

FOCs are allowed to make a maximum of 3 outstanding claims.
Non-FOCs are allowed to make a maximum of 2 outstanding claims.
First time swappers are allowed to make a maximum of 1 outstanding claim.

Posting pictures of received hooplas is required for this swap.
If you are unable to do so, you are expected to contact the person who claimed you and ask them to please do so for you.

CLAIMING
1. Claims are made using the following procedure:

Person A (the swap organizer) will begin the swap by posting a list of themes in this swap thread.
Person B will choose a theme from one of A's themes and make a claim by posting his/her own list (see below for formatting of post).
Person C will make a claim on one of B's themes and post his/her own list.
Person D will make a claim on one of C's themes and post his/her own list etc...

This continues through the end of the month, when the swap organizer closes out the claiming part of the swap and continues this swap in the next round starting in the next month.

2. How to make a claim:
A claim post should include the following information:
1. The theme you are choosing and who youre sending it to.
2. The send by date (three weeks from the date the claim is made)
3. Statistical info about your current swap claims status:

Claims = Claims currently outstanding (ie., how many not yet received by their new owners.) (This number goes down each time a claim is received, and up each time you make a claim.)
Sent = anything currently in the mail.
Received = the hooplas received by the people you've sent them to.
Formatted thusly (claims outstanding/claims sent/claims received)

4. Your location.
5. Your personal preferences.
6. Your list of themes.
7. *Optional* Any wist or pininterest that would be relevant.

ONCE YOU HAVE MADE A CLAIM:
1. Send a personal message to the person you have claimed and request their address

2. You have 3 weeks to complete each hoopla (equivalent to at least a medium or 2 hours in crafting time), and have it in the mail to its new owner. You cannot have more than your maximum allotted claims outstanding (3 for FOC, 2 for non-FOC, 1 for new swappers)

ONCE YOU HAVE SENT OR RECEIVED A HOOPLA

1. Please PM the organizers (TroubleT and kwiltykate) and claimer/claimee when you send or receive a hoopla.
2.  Label the message as Ongoing Hoopla Swap Sent or Received,
3.  Be sure and include (1) the "send by" date, as well as (2) the theme and (3) who sent it

POSTING PICTURES
It is very important to post pictures of what you receive! We want to see all the amazing hooplas. Feedback will reflect if pictures are not posted. Please make sure to make arrangements if you will have issues posting pictures.

FEEDBACK
Positive feedback will be given when all of the hooplas you sent have been received.   Good communication is vital and will be noted in feedback.

ANY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions please post them in the discussion thread or PM the organizers.  This thread is specifically for claims only.
Ongoing Hoople Round 3 Discussion/Gallery Thread
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013 03:44:20 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011 04:56:09 PM »

Hoopla Participants List - (claims made/claims in transit/claims received)

3 Claims
TroubleT - (0,0,3)
kwiltykate - (0,0,3)
SiakelA - (0,0,2)
amnesia -(0,0,4)  
Ffrogg526 - (0,0,2)
Interrobam - (0,0,1)
Robinpich - (0,0,2)
Sarad - (0,0,2)
nilmerg - (0,0,2)
ZidishaLuxe -(0,0,3)
sinellia -(0,0,3)
pixiefirefly - (0,0,1)
lindyv321(0,0,1)

2 Claims
cursive_queen
- (0,0,2)
Sandroo - (0,0,1)
r0ck0n - (0,0,1)
RetroGypsy - (0,0,2)
Pearliepie - (0,0,2)
megstar - (0,0,4)
leika - (0,0,1)
seereeoslee - (0,0,2)
rubylynns - (0,0,2)
AMIFRIENDS - (0,0,1)

1 Claim
bestanimatedshort

Claims

Sent
Received
Sending late w/ communication
Contact organizers ASAP!!!

Send by August 22
SiakelA > Interrobam: Hufflepuff
amnesia > SiakelA combo

August 23

r0ck0n > amnesia: bridge
Ffrogg526 > r0ck0n: European Folk art
RetroGypsy > Ffrogg526: combo
cursive_queen > RetroGypsy: camera
Robinpich > Cursive Queen : "wist/nerdy inspired theme" hoop
amnesia > Robinpinch : nautical theme

Aug 24

kwiltykate > amnesia : Kokeshi or Matryoshka hoop
Sarad > kwiltykate for a Simpsons themed hoop
Megstar > Sarad : Mockingjay hoop
kwiltykate > megstar :dr who
Sarad > kwiltykate : tree hoop
nilmerg > Sarad : day of the dead, tattoo inspired skull hoop

Aug 25
Pearliepie > nilmerg for a patchwork hoop
amnesia > Pearliepie : Baba Yagga
leika > amnesia : Scandinavian theme

Aug 27

Ffrogg526 > leika: something Urban Threads
Pixiefirefly > Ffrogg526 : lotus flower

Aug 28
ZidishaLuxe > Pixiefirefly: Union Jack

Aug 29
megstar > ZidishaLuxe: dreamcatcher
Seereeoslee > megstar: OM
TroubleT > Seereeoslee: sunflower

Aug 31
sinellia > TroubleT: butterfly
Interrobam > sinellia: wist
cursive_queen > Interrobam: lacksadaisy cats
sinellia > cursive_queen: Alkaline Trio

Sept 1
bestanimatedshort > sinellia: birds ANGEL: glitter_is_good

Sept 2
ZidishaLuxe > bestanimatedshort: logic gate
Robinpich > ZidishaLuxe: vintage camera

Sept 4

SiakelA > Robinpich: State of Alabama

Sept 5
rubylynns > SiakelA: pin-up girl hoop
TroubleT > rubylynns: wist hoop
ZidishaLuxe > TroubleT: Mi casa es tu casa

Sept 7
RetroGypsy > ZidishaLuxe: something inspired by her wists or etsy links

Sept 9
Sinellia > RetroGypsy: something "California" inspired

Sept 13
lindyv321 > Sinellia: Pinterest inspired hoopla

Sept 14
kwiltykate > lindyv321: pinterest inspired
nilmerg > kwiltykate: bluework owl

Sept 17
Seereeoslee > nilmerg: Alaphabet Letter
AMIFRIENDS > Seereeoslee: Harry Potter
TroubleT > AMIFRIENDS: doodle or Kahlo
Pearliepie > TroubleT: butterfly or fairy
Sandroo > Pearliepie: surprise!

Sept 18
rubylynns > Sandroo: wist inspired

Sept 19
megstar > rubylynns: wist inspired
amnesia > megstar: holo from spice and wolf

Sept. 21
megstar > amnesia: robot apocalypse
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011 05:14:48 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Interrobam
she-who-is-relatively-good-at-several-things

as human as humanly possible

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011 05:08:47 PM »

0/0/0

Hello! My name is Emily and I live in New York. I love drawing, writing, sewing, and in my free time I like to research American fashion and sociology in the 19th century. My favorite color is green. I also like blue, red, purple, and black. I apologize ahead of time for my kind of obscure themes.

My wist: http://www.wists.com/Interrobam

~Victorian Fashion- What can I say, I love bustles. It would be really cool if you could make a hoop based on an actual fashion plate. (I’ve already been claimed for this, but I can always use more!)
~The TV show Better Off Ted (you can watch it on Netflix)- I’d take pretty much anything, but everything Veronica says is pure gold, so quoting her would be a good idea. Phil and Lem are also adorable.
~The webcomic Lackadaisy (lackadaisycats.com)- I’d love if it involved Mordecai, Freckle, and/or awesome jazz age clothing.
~Alphonse Mucha’s Art- I love his art style, especially his use of circles and the way he drew hair.
~ Hufflepuff- I have mad house pride (see icon)  Self/house deprecating humor welcome, but please don't send anything with bright neon yellow, (I prefer golden yellow) quote AVPM, or refer to 'puffs as 'all the rest'. With great house pride comes great house picky-ness.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011 06:11:45 PM by Interrobam » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini Halloween Swap: Package: SENT and RECEIVED

Pinterest
SiakelA

Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011 11:50:49 AM »

I claim Interrobam for a Hufflepuff hoop.

Send by August 22nd

1 claims outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 claims received

I'm a Midwestern born and bred. As a Leo (and proud of it!!), I am therefore sure that this is the best way to be. Wink

I'm good with any size hoop.

PLEASE, no profanity. My husband does not appreciate it, no matter how amusing. Sad

Wist: http://wists.com/siakela

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/amanda_siakel/

My Themes
1. Japanese: such as a geisha, kanji, koi, cherry blossoms/sakura, kawaii, and temple/landscape motifs (let me know if that last one is unclear)

2. Sugar Skulls or that style - I think they can be very beautiful though I'm not hispanic and don't practice the Day of the Dead.

3. Harry Potter

4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel

5. Serenity/Firefly

6. Steampunk

7. Mythological creatures - Pegasus, Dragon, Unicorn, Pheonix

8. Something manly for my husband. Wink If you want to go down this road, let me know. It would be for the wall in his man cave, and it's themed in browns with a bit of green. He's also quite the video game geek.

9. A cat based off of one of mine, I can supply pics

10. a pin up girl or a fairy version of someone else.

11. something based on my sign (Leo) or my chinese sign (rabbit)

12. a combination of any of the above - this is probably my favorite option! Like a steampunk version of the Serenity ship, or a Sugar Skull of Harry Potter, or a pin-up version of Willow from Buffy the Vampire slayer. That sort of weird combo makes it really uniquely for me. Cheesy

13. something inspired by my pinterest or wist

MY CLAIMS LIST
minathia to Interrobam for a Hufflepuff hoop - Send by August 22nd
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amnesia
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011 12:08:20 PM »

I claim minathia for the combo theme #12 (after I narrow down the combo ideas, I'll PM you in the next day or two for your thoughts)
**Send by August 22nd

1/0/0
1 claims outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 claims received

Hello! I'm amnesia and I live in San Francisco. I love ethnic textile design, drawing, sewing, reading, yoga and dabbling in all sorts of things. I like many colors, and especially like an interesting uses of color and contrast.  My favorite colors are probably shades of reds and blues, but they are only very loosely favorites.

Something inspired by:
1. Ethnic textile design (any continent, any culture)
2. An interesting  bridge (any material, any style)
3. Tea gardens, zen gardens, English gardens, water gardens...(etc.)
4. A summer night scene that includes fireflies
5. Kites (more kites!)
6. Peonies
7. A sign to convey that you should please remove your shoes.
8. Day of the Dead / sugar skulls
9. Marie Antoinette
10. Crafter's choice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
r0ck0n
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011 09:24:59 PM »

oh man! I want to choose amnesia but I don't know whether to pick theme 1, 2, or 3! I love them all Smiley hmm, I'm going to tentatively chose you for a bridge, because I already have one in mind I'd like to do Smiley We'll see how it goes Smiley

1/0/0
send by Aug 22

My name is Jenny, I live in North Carolina. I love anything related to art, culture, history, literature...etc. similarly I love travel and learning about interesting places! In my spare time I sew, read, cook, sleep... Smiley I love bright, happy colors and themes. Please no profanity or vulgar or obscene content.

On to my themes Smiley

-sweet and whimsical European Folk Art (Pysanky Eggs, Wycinanki paper cuttings, Dala Horses...open to other suggestions if you got some!)
-William Morris designs
-Gothic art and architecture, illuminated manuscripts, medieval stained glass
-Fairy tales, Folk tales, classic childrens poems and stories (to accompany my fabulous Aesops Fables hoop also received in the last swap!) Owl and the Pussycat, Velveteen Rabbit, Peter Rabbit, Pooh, Wind in the Willows, etc etc etc Smiley Feel free to pick one of your favorite stories from childhood, or If you like I'd be happy to share some others i like!
-Birds (favorites being bluebirds, quail, owls, peacocks)
-Arabic calligraphy
-gnomes and cute woodland creatures Smiley
-If you're familiar with the NANA anime/manga, i would love something related to that! I don't watch much anime but it's one of my absolute favorites and I'm dying to have something artsy to represent it! a Ren Flower, perhaps? Smiley
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011 09:28:31 PM by r0ck0n » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011 04:43:51 AM »

I caim r0ck0n for "sweet and whimsical European Folk Art"

1/0/0
Send by August 23

My name is Rebecca, I also live in North Carolina.  I teach elementary music (grades K-5) in a title one school and love it!  I'm good with any size hoop.  I love rich colors.  It doesn't matter if they're bright or dark, I just want them to be rich.  The only color I truely dispise/loath/can't stand/hate (I have no idea why really) is pink.  I really just don't like that color at all.  When I'm not doing embroidery I also sew, knit, crochet and fiddle with polymer clay.  Cheesy

Themes
 - Steampunkery
 - Music (not pop music - think treble clefs, instruments, jazz, classical, world music)
 - Seasons/Elements
 - Mythical creatures - dragons, fairies, mermaids
 - Books - I LOVE to read.  And I like reading real books, not electronic books.
 - Halloween - its coming soon and its my favorite holiday!
 - Meditation/Om/Lotus - I would really like to have a lotus blossom!
 - Something wist/pinterest inspired!  Both are listed in my signature! 
 - Some combination of what I've listed here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RetroGypsy
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011 09:14:04 AM »

I claim Ffrogg526 for a combination of listed items  Cheesy

1/0/0
Send by August 23rd.

Hola! My name is Selena and I live in Las Vegas, born and raised in Northern California.  I'm a artsy/craftsy/family girl.  A good day for me is one where I can smile lots and have people join along in the smiling.  I dig bright colors, rich colors, faves are reds/blues. I don't so much care for neon colors.  I love to be creative, painting, embroidery, photography, sewing, baking...and I want to try every craft imagineable (sp?).

I would love something inspired by:

-Cameras (I love photography and collect ol' school cameras)
-Music (Like music notes)
-Old School microphone (I sing and have a old school mic tattooed on my arm)
-Wings
-Angels
-Wizard of Oz
-Zombies
-Moon (I have a special relationship with the moon, my name means The Moon)
-Day of the Dead/Sugar skulls (This is very big in my life, from my culture)
-Pin-up (1940's - 50's style - Gil Elvgren is my all time fave pin-up artist)
-Something with "SJ Love" (That's me and my guy)
-Something California inspired
-Be creative and put any of the above together Wink

Thank you for choosing me! Happy Hoopla-ing!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cursive_queen
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011 10:26:31 AM »

I claim retrogypsy for Cameras

1/0/0
Send by Aug 23rd

My name is Alexis.  I'm married with 2 stepdaughters, 3 cats and one very spoiled dog.  I live in Louisiana, though raised mostly in Wyoming.  I like to dable in lots of crafts, love music, going to concerts and probably have an unhealthy love of instant streaming videos

Themes
Doctor Who (2005 onward)  The 10th Doctor (david Tennant) is my doctor, but anything from the who-verse is game
Torchwood - I adore Captain Jack (and the actor John Barrowman).  I have one lovely hoop from last round, but would love another

I recently became sucked into the TV show Supernatural.  My faves are Dean and Castiel.

Twin Peaks (TV Show from 80s)

I like steampunk themed things

Nerdy themes (can see my wist for that)
also enjoy True Blood, big bang theory, bones, Eureka

I love the Nerdist Podcast

Alkaline Trio (band)
Mogwai (band)
Robots are cool.
I love Camilla D'errico and Tara McPherson (artists)
I recently went to comic con for the second time - give you an idea of my nerdyness
Professor Layton (DS game)

A wist inspired hoop would be cool too.  If you have any questions just ask
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011 02:18:37 PM by cursive_queen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011 07:04:08 PM »

I'm claiming Cursive Queen for a "wist/nerdy inspired theme" hoop. 

1/0/0
send by Aug 23rd

Hi, I'm Robin.  Been married for 26 yrs, one daughter that is a sophmore in college.  I live in Alabama, lived in GA for a few years, but I've been a southern girl since birth.  I love boating, the beach, anything nautical. WE go boating most every weekend year round.  Our boat has 2 bedrooms, a bath and a kitchen.  IT's our "floating condo", except we say it's our floating "trailer", LOL.....

I like most any colors.  The only thing I ask is that the back ground fabric NOT be white or cream. 

Themes:
LIfe is Good - anything inspired by the Life is Good line of products
Nautical - anchors, boats (not sail boats), flip flops
Beach - palm trees, flip flops, beach huts
Swirly tree
Doodle hoops - see aimee ray's doodle art.
Alphabet - random alphabet art with all 26 letters (ok, I know that's alot, sorry)
Monogram - R for my first name
Owls
Cute Birds -like the one Limeriot stitched (go look under her profile) or like the Twitter bird

I have lots of ideas on my flickr favorites and my pinterest. 

if you need to know more, just ask......and thanks for whoever claims me!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What To Pack In Your Travel Makeup Bag
How to Apply Foundation
Naeem Khan Fall 2013 RTW: Hair and Makeup Preview
Advice From Past Cover Stars on How to Enter the Pretty Amazing Contest
Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Hunger Games Fashion Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...