A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 312,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Round 3 - Claims through 8/31/11  (Read 6932 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011 05:07:45 PM »

I claim lindyv321 for pinterest inspired 
Send by Sept 14

Hi I'm Kate, from Adelaide, Australia. Currently stay at home mum to 3.  My favorite colours are blue, lavender and lime green.

We have two hoopla walls at the moment, one is my 8yo daughters - her themes are very similar to mine, she claims the really cute stuff (when I let her!)

My current themes
- trees - love the ones with birds, buttons or owls!
- owls
- Russian Dolls
- Black and White Cows
- abstract/doodle stitching
- Patchwork and/or Quilting
- Quotes -sewing related or something from my pinterest
- flowers - favourites are tulips, orchids and roses
- Redwork or Bluework
- The Simpsons! Our family favorite characters are duff man, crazy cat lady, the seven duffs,Ralph wiggum and the screamapillar - quotes,pictures, ANYTHING and I will love you forever Tongue
- yoda!
Plenty of inspiration on my WIST and pinterest x

Amnesia for Kokeshi/Matryoshka - SENT
Megstar for Dr Who - SENT
Lindyv321 for interest inspired - due sept 14

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011 06:20:47 PM »

I claim kwiltykate for a bluework owl

I'm Elaine, I live in NSW Australia. I'm a stay at home mum with 1 and 3 year old girls. I have a wonderful hard working husband who supports my craft addiction!  No profanity, nudity, religion, or gold please. My favourite colours are purple, silver, blue and darker greens and browns.

In no particular order here are some themes:
1. Alphabet hoop Choose a letter and something that begins with that letter and stitch it into a hoop. Id like to avoid double ups, so please let me know what letter you are claiming.
2. Something using or inspired by this beautiful fairy picture
3. Sewing room shelves similar to this amazing hoop
4. A hoop based on the Craftster motto Measure twice, cut once.Meh. Just start cutting.
2. Celtic knotwork .I love celtic knots. I already have this one made by the incredibly talented TroubleT, but Id still love more.
4. Patchwork / quilting (I have a couple of hoops based on this theme thanks Limeriot, kwiltykate and OGD) but I love how it can be interpreted so differently.
5. Buttons
7. The Gruffalo (Julia Donaldson book) or The Green Sheep (Mem Fox book) or Little Princess (Tony Ross book / Cartoon) for the girls
8. Anything from or inspired by my pintrest including a hoopla board.

Send By Aug 24 nilmerg > Sarad : day of the dead, tattoo inspired skull hoop SENT
Send by Sept 14 Nilmerg > Kwiltykate: Owl bluework SENT 26/8
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011 03:33:55 PM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get 'em while they're young

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011 07:00:11 AM »

I claim Nilmerg for an Alaphabet Letter
Sending by 9/17/11

My Name is Julianna.  Hi! I live in Buffalo, NY with my husband and our daughter, Daphne (who is 2 1/2 and fabulous!).  When I'm not hooping it up, I'm crocheting, knitting and couponing like crazy.  I love a wide variety of colors, but I'm not too crazy about brown.  I like things to be bright and cooridinated. I prefer pretty things over gross things.  I'm very easygoing, and (I like to think) I have a witty sense of humor.

Doctor Who - I love the 3 newest Doctors and their companions best.  The Tardis, Bad Wolf, the crack in the wall, the quote: "I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and ran away."
Star Wars - especially episodes 4, 5 & 6.  Quotes, parodies, humor, wookies, ewoks, vehicles, light sabers are all cool.
Flowers - yellow sunflowers would be great in my kitchen Any floral would rock!
TV shows - Eureka, Haven, Warehouse 13, Firefly, Psych.
Books & reading - Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Twilight, romance novels.
Coupons - It's weird, but I love clipping (and using) coupons.  Some quote ideas would be: "i heart double coupons", "what do you mean you paid full price?!?"
Something for my daughter - Dora, princess, sparklie, her initials (DAM), animals.  Pink, purple and blue are her faves.
Something from (or inspired by) my wist: http://www.wists.com/Seereeoslee

* Claims *
* Send by 9/17/11 to Nilmerg - Alaphabet Letter *
* Sending today 8/27/11 to Megstar - OM *

*  *  *  *  Swaps  *  *  *  *  Granny's Daughters Round 8 and a Half (time to buy more yarn)  *  *  *  *

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011 08:41:05 AM »

I claim for Seereeosle for a Harry potter hoopla.

Hello!! My name is Perla,  I live in Mexico,  stay home mom of 2, I love crochet (especially amigurumis and blankets ),  dolls, painting, and craft foam dolls. I like  many colors, especially  the turquoise,pink, beige, dark brown combo; I like pink -black - white combo too.  The color I  dont like much is orange and neons .I love hooplas since I saw them in this forum. I start a wall of the hooplas ive made, and I want to increase it with other peoples creations. I prefer pretty-cute- kawaii  things ,  My favorite themes are:
-alice in wonderland ( especially alice or the Cheshire cat)
- frida Kahlo  (especially selfportraits)
- coralline  
-mexican Indian dolls
-noahs ark
- lala loopsy dolls
-doodle stitching
- sewing  things (pins, needles, scissors, measure tape, pincushion, fabricetc.  all in 1
In my profile have a wists for more ideas
Thanks a lot for picking me =)

Seereeoslee-- send by  sept-15
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011 04:05:44 PM by AMIFRIENDS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im up for personal swaps...

My wists:

my pinterest:
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011 09:06:11 AM »

I claim AMIFRIENDS for a doodle hoop!

Send by Sept 17

Hiya everyone! I'm T! I live in Georgia (USA) with my husband and 2 kidlets. I'm a high school Spanish teacher who crafts to keep her sanity.

I am not picky about size nor shape of hoop that you may send me. I have tons of info about my likes/dislikes in my profile as well as So You Want to Swap? page on my blog. I'm the chatty type so if you have any questions, feel free to send me a quick PM.

PLEASE, no profanity or Day of the Dead stuff!

My Wist

My Shiny New Pinterest

My Themes
1. Celtic knotwork - pure knotwork, not zoomorphs (twisted animals/humans) which get kind of creepy

2. anything Japanese - My bathroom (done in taupe, cream and black accents) is decorated in a Japanese themes. Maybe something like a geisha, samurai, koi or kanji

3. something inspired by Hispanic cultures for decorating my classroom. For example, I already have a Flamenco dancer and a hoop with the Aztec sun god.   (Please no Day of the Dead stuff. My admins don't quite understand this concept so I have to be very careful about what I use.)

4. Nature - I LOVE trees and clouds, not so much into the cutesified animals though.

5. Garden gnomes - my newest addiction Smiley

6. Constellations - I love all of them.

7. Mythological creatures - Pegasus, Dragon, Unicorn, Hydra

8. a Butterfly or a Faery for my daughter's growing hoopla, a smallish size hoop would be preferable for this

9. My favorite quote - "Be the change that you want to see in the World." - M. Ghandi

10. a hummingbird, a hawk or a cardinal

11. a cat sleeping in an odd position...you'd have to see how my cat Raven sleeps...crazy furchild!

12. something inspired by my Wist or Pinterest

13. Mi casa es tu casa. done in greens and browns for my kitchen Thank you Zidisha!

TroubleT to Seereeoslee: sunflower hoop - SENT
TroubleT to rubylyns: wist hoop - SENT
TroubleT to AMIFRIENDS: doodle hoop
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011 10:56:54 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011 09:46:21 AM »

I claim TroubleT for a small Butterfly or Faery hoop
Send by Sept 17

Hi, I'm Pearl and I live in Colorado with my husband and super spoiled cat. We also just found out Im pregnant!  Any size or style of hoop is great. I love decorating my house with art. I'm not really into creepy/Gore stuff, but I do love a good alien movie. Anything to do with space or the end of the world really sets my mind spinning!

Here are some themes:
*Sherlock Holms
*Fancy Gentlemen or Ladies
*Bunnies- my favorite book is Watership Down
*The universe/space- something about the vastness of the universe really comforts me, especially since I lost my mom in February.
*Art Nouveau
*The ocean or ocean creatures (the scary, strange ones from the deep really light up my imagination)
*fairy tales
* The Wild West- Our basement is decorated in a steampunk meets the saloon style (think Wild Wild West with Will Smith and Salma Hayek) and is called "Fat Can Candie's" My hoop wall goes down the stairs to the basement so I'd love some Saloon girls, Trick riders, cowboys, whatever- as long as it has that steampunk twist.
*TV and movies:
BattleStar Galatica- Starbuck, Helo and Athena are my favorite charters, my favorite quotes include "Frack me" "All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again"
Firefly: I love all the charters, but I think River might be my favorite
Dr. Who- I like the 9th doctor the best, but there are lots of later episodes that I really like as well.
*Something inspired by my flickr favs http://www.flickr.com/photos/copygirlx/favorites/
or my etsy faves http://www.etsy.com/people/copygirlx/favorites?ref=si_fav
*Or just surprise me!

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Mine is an evil laugh!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2011 02:53:29 PM »

I claim Pearliepie for a surprise hoop!
Send out by September 17

Hi!  I'm Sandy and I live in Kalamazoo, Michigan.  I've been a crafty person in my head so long, I love that I can make things for other people now that I'm a part of Craftster!  I love a lot of things, but I worry too much about being too picky that I love surprises, too!

Here are some themes:
Whedonverse:  I've said it before, the man is my deity.  He's fantastic!

Greek/Roman mythology.  I love the legends that make up this fabulous religion
Theatre: I majored in it, and plan to get my MFA soon
Jimmy Neutron/Fairly Odd Parents
Star Wars
Sonic the Hedgehog - my 7YO is obsessed with him at the moment, and would love something to do with Sonic.

I also have a pinterest and a wist, if the above doesn't inspire you.

Happy Hooping!!

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2011 04:52:52 AM »

I claim Sandroo for a wist inspired hoop send by September 18th. 
2 claims outstanding, 0 in transit, 1 claims received

Hi Im Ruby, I live in Ohio. I have been married for 5 years to a wonderful husband and have a wild little 2.5 year old boy.  I also have 2 kitty cats that I love/hate depending on the day HAH!  I have etsy favorites, a wist and a pintrest. I like to like things lol.

- anything from sublime stitching
- pink stand mixer
- satin stitched barbie silhouette
- anything from my wist, pin, or etsy faves
- Zelda theme, a link to the past is my favorite game.
- Mario brothers theme
- cutesy ie: kites, laundry line, tree swing
- skulls or sugar skulls

received- Troublet- paper air plane hoop ( I love it)

Any questions feel free to ask!
SiakelA for pin-up girl hoop send by September 5th

I *heart* Pintrest

Follow me on Instagram

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2011 02:02:51 PM »

I claim rubylynns for a wist inspired hoop
Send by Sept 19

My name is Meagan, I live in Virginia with my new husband and our dog.  I was a military brat until college, so I've lived all over.  I love to travel, read, craft, geeky things, and being green.  My favorite colors are tuquoise/teal, blues and purples.
My wist: www.wists.com/megstar

1. Dr Who (matt smith is my fav, the tardis, starry night, and any quotes from the recent episode with "the doctor's wife")
2. steampunk tinkerbell
3. tie dye
4. pinup disney (megara, tinkerbelle, rapunzel, or belle)
5. holo from "spice and wolf" (anime)
6. lotus/om/yoga
7. something from wist Smiley

thanks in advance, i'm happy to answer any questions/clarify!

My Claims List:
mockingjay hoop to sarad: SENT
dreamcatcher hoop to zidishaluxe: SENT
Wist Hoop to Rubylynns: Send by Sept 19th

an anthem = the bottom of an ant's pants Smiley
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011 03:22:58 PM »

I am claiming megstar for holo from spice and wolf
**Send by September 19th**

0 claims outstanding, 0 in transit, 3 claims received

Hello! I'm amnesia and I live in San Francisco. I love ethnic textile design, drawing, sewing, reading, yoga and dabbling in all sorts of things. I like many colors, and especially like an interesting uses of color and contrast.  My favorite colors are probably shades of reds and blues, but they are only very loosely favorites.

Something inspired by:
1. Ethnic textile design (any continent, any culture)
2. A summer night scene that includes fireflies
3. A sign to convey that you should please remove your shoes.
4. something incorporating a nice plaid, tartan or argyle pattern (since Im starting to see all the fall fashions in magazines)
5. something relating to coffee or tea culture
6. trains (historic, modern, futuristic, sci fi/imaginary)
7. A fall scene with colorful leaves
8. a London monument; the Union Jack
9. the robot apocalypse
10. Day of the Dead / sugar skulls
11. Steampunk Christmas
12. some type of stitch sampler

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Like a Pro with Denim Under $100
Classic LBDs with Hints of Festive Flair
Every Woman Should Own This Dress
Warning: This Dress May Be Habit-Forming
Turn Heads in a Showstopping Top
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...