A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PROJECT RUNWAY: Season 9 - Season Premiere -Official Craftster Discussion Thread  (Read 2459 times)
Tags for this thread: project_runway_season_9_discussions  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2011 01:14:25 PM »

PROJECT RUNWAY: Season Nine - Season Premiere!
Official Craftster Discussion Thread

Remember, no spoilers (that means don't talk about who won or lost the episode) until the West Coast episode is done airing.

SEASON PREMIERELink to where you can watch this online:
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/video/full-episodes
Photo gallery of all the creations from this episode:
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-9/rate-the-runway/episode-1#id=1

We're a little late starting but I hope to keep this up throughout the season! - jungrrl
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011 01:23:17 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PosiTori
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011 01:24:43 PM »

Today is Tim Gunn's Birthday!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011 01:32:07 PM »

Awww! Happy Birthday Tim Gunn!!  Grin

I have to say I'm really rooting for Bert! Also I thought a couple of the items were sewn really poorly.  I really like Josh, too but his shirt looked terrible. It looked like it wasn't cut well and you could totally see the thread! Don't they have red thread in the workroom? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AGFH
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011 01:34:53 PM »

I thought it was a great challenge and I was thoroughly happy with the outcome.
Bert is my favorite so far, but I always root for the older people, LOL! I had to laugh when he said, and the text under him said!!!, that he was 102 years old.
I am looking a bit side-eyed at the Trinidad girl, but hey, there ARE prodigies out there. Beautiful girl.

Happy Birthday Tim!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was off to save the world....until I was distracted by something shiny.
PosiTori
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011 01:37:12 PM »

Well, it was a first challenge.  I think this was a shock test for them. I think overall everyone did well. (considering they made that out of PJs!) I really liked Anya's look.  And yea, Bert is definitely a designer to watch this season. Smiley I'm curious to see what's in store for next week.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyLittleDiva
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011 01:45:18 PM »

Looks like an interesting bunch of folks this cycle!  I'm already excited! 
And Anya rocked those pants!  For someone who just started sewing "about 4 months ago" that's pretty amazing.  It will be interesting to see how far she makes it through.  I doubt that she'll win, because experience is going to give its advantages somewhere down the line.... but in the meantime, well done!  Perfectly tailored pants from a newbie!  Will wonders never cease....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenpeeps
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011 01:54:52 PM »

My daughter and I ordered Chinese take-out and watched it.  We were not disappointed at all.  We both want Berts dress!  I think I'm gonna have to get my dressform done and get sewing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011 04:44:01 PM »

Happy Birthday Mr. Gun!  He is just the best.  I'm working on figuring out how to watch PR this round  (and I love to be spoiled, so I have no trouble with spoilers).  I'm in Canada, and can't watch it on the normal feeds.  But I did join Project Project Runway.  We are using dolls for our models.  Every Friday we will get our challenge that is based on the challenge from the day before.  They have to change the challenge some times to work with the dolls.  So my Zoey will end up with a new wordrobe. and I'll feel like I'm in the loop a bit atleast, if I can't figure out how to watch it. Grin

Here's the link to the flicker group, if anyone is interested..

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1462857@N20/
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011 04:49:13 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Phantome
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011 05:29:15 PM »

I watch it on my mylifetime.com, but was really disappointed to see that they list the names of the winning and losing designers right there next to the play button! I hate that I got spoiled right from the get-go. Sad

Anyway, I wonder if Danielle will be this seasons Wretchin Gretchen. She just seemed a little too smug to me, and when she was in the green room after being told that her score was good enough to make it to the next round, she got all petulant and pouty, and said "WTF am I doing here?! This is just wrong!" or something to that effect. Someone said, "but you were good enough to make it to the next round!" and she replied with a snotty "well, that's just not good enough." Oh, give it up, whiner. No one likes a martyr.

I just love Anya and Bert, I can't wait to see what they come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is my signature; there are many like it, but this one is mine.
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011 07:13:59 PM »

WWWEEEE!  I found a site that lets me watch on mylifetime.  If I just try and go there it says, "you are not in an accepted location to view this video".  I think it has to do with Canadian content laws.  But I just finished watching The bed sheet challenge (SSSQQQUUEEE!).  I agree Phantome.  Only 4 months of sewing?  She is ether very brave or very stupid, but her pants were the best fit pants I have seen in a bit.  (I'm all ways shocked at some of the crummy fits the designers on this show are ok with.)  And Bert gives me hope for the future.  Danielle's reaction was stinky for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Woman Gets Photoshopped Around The World
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
Do Mascara Primers Really Work?
How to Wear Red Lipstick at the Beach
Turning the Camera Around for the Ultimate Surprise Makeover
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...