A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Year of Homemade Gifts! - 2011-2012 - Are YOU in?  (Read 80774 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

idioskosmos
« Reply #640 on: April 02, 2012 03:51:39 PM »

I've missed you guys!  Love that baby hat with the "1" on it!  And the Knight Playset is awesome!

I have made a Domo Kun t-shirt for my [now] seven year old, as well as a smaller version of the Horadric Cube which I made for my older son (no pics yet).

Also made this charm bracelet for my sister-in-law (those round things are actually pink miracle beads):

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012 03:53:16 PM by idioskosmos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflyangel
« Reply #641 on: April 04, 2012 08:04:37 AM »

Shocked that charm bracelet is sooo prettyy !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #642 on: April 09, 2012 11:49:43 AM »

HEY GUYS !

Where and how has everybody been?? I hope everone had a great, enjoyable Easter and Passover  Cheesy

Yesterday was the end of my spring break and I did not use my days off to my advantage to really craft. shame shame  Undecided

Here's what I have on my list for my spring crafting so far:

-Birthday card for SIL
-Finish up on the bag I started for SIL (Hopefully I will finish this on time, her birthday is this friday. Or I'll give it to her late?)
-Birthday card for mom
-think of a gift for mom
-maybe bake her a cake?
-make lots of mother's day cards

that's what I have for my april/may crafts  Cheesy (even though I'm working on summer crafts before I even finish my spring crafts shhh  Wink)

what about everyone else?? what's on everyone's list?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #643 on: April 09, 2012 12:04:10 PM »

Hi All,

I've def. been busy so far this year, and unfortunately I haven't been the best at taking pics of what I've completed. BUT, we're doing well on the homemade front.

So far for 2012:

January
the hubs 30th - did a party as a gift, made all the cupcakes, etc

February
BFF had her first baby girl, made an outfit and did a family tree hoop

March
Little one's 2nd birthday - Knightly gifts: castle, tunic, crown, sheild and sword.
F-I-L's gift - made a remote caddy, which actually goes great in their living room and is already in use (no pic though)

April
EASTER! - Made matching bow-ties and suspenders for my kiddos to wear to church Easter Sunday - completed the night before, but they both looked a-dorable.
See pic below!

And moving forward:
May:
- mother's day gifts for Mum & M-I-L: I'm thinking a little sewn clutch with some homemade spa-type goodies. But it's not set in stone, so I'm open to ideas - anyone?
 - Future S-I-L's birthday. She's a teacher, loves jewellery, that's probably what I'll end up giving her.
- Baby sis' birthday. She'll be 24. Last year I gave her the dress known on the freezer paper stencil board as "The Madness" Not sure what to give her this year. She's very fit - works as the Asst. Manager at a Fitness Club, and loves her dog and going to the cottage and fishing with her boyfriend. Any brilliant ideas out there for her?

June:
 - Father's Day gifts for Dad, F-I-L and to the hubs from the kiddos: no ideas yet
 - Big kiddo's 4th birthday. Zero ideas, although we think we're going with either a superhero or a pirate theme for the party.
 - Anniversary gift for the hubs. Our 6th

July
 - S-I-L's birthday
 - Sister's birthday
 - B-I-l's birthday
   *Oh, and did I mention that their birthdays are the 14, 16 & 17 of July respectively. Yeah, that's a lot of craft with the same deadline. Eep!*

August
 - Dad's birthday
 - Mum's birthday

Whew! That seems like a lot - and I'll probably find a reason to add like 16 or 17 other things in there too. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
butterflyangel
« Reply #644 on: April 09, 2012 06:03:08 PM »

the bowtie and suspenders are soo cute on your boys !

I vote for superhero birthday !!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #645 on: April 18, 2012 10:52:59 AM »

Hey guys !
Super quick update then I gotta get some lunch in my tummy and work on my speech for my communications class  Cheesy

So last friday was my little SIL 14th birthday ! I can't believe she's gonna be in High School. Oh the horror  Shocked
I didn't get to finish her bag, but I did make her a neverending card and I gave her a cake pop  Cheesy

chocolate cake pops with blue candy melt

front of her neverending birthday card

and then we open..

the second...side? layer? idk what it's called
then we unfold again...

and finally, the last unfold..

April
-Birthday card for SIL
-possible birthday card for a friend's birthday next week
-Birthday card for mom

May
-coffee cake for mom
-birthday card
-maybe coupon?
Mother's Day
-card for mommy
-card for MIL
-card for godmommy
-card for gma? she is a mommy =]
-simple cards to give to friends
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kara B
« Reply #646 on: April 19, 2012 06:13:06 AM »

Glad to see some of you are still hanging in there and crafting away.  This pregnancy has really hit me hard, so I haven't done much crafting at all this year.  I haven't done much shopping either, so I haven't broken the challenge by buying gifts.  In fact the only gift I have managed to give this year was for my best friend.  I knitted her a mitten  Embarrassed  I'm about half way through the second one, but don't know when it will be done.  I also gave my husband a promiss for a home knitted scarf, but he has to accompany me to the store to pick out the yarn.

Hopefully I'll get some of my energy back soon and can start crafting.  Keeping my fingers crossed for a baby that sleeps a lot  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflyangel
« Reply #647 on: May 02, 2012 12:24:37 PM »

hey guys !
So I just finished this card last night for my mother's birthday that's this Sunday  Smiley

April
-Birthday card for SIL

May
-coffee cake for mom
-birthday card

-Mother's Day

-card for mommy
-card for MIL
-card for godmommy
-card for gma? she is a mommy =]
-simple cards to give to friends

Mother's Day cards are coming soon  Cheesy
How's everyone else's project going ??
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012 12:26:11 PM by butterflyangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #648 on: May 16, 2012 07:36:16 PM »

Hey guys ! Hope everyone enjoyed their mother's day  Grin

Here are a couple of cards I made for the occasion.

I made two of these to give to my former art teachers
the flower in the center spins when you open the card

I made this one for my godmom

the ribbon pulls the top part up

open and ready for writing

Then I made the same one for my grandmother

This one for my MIL

the center swins open when you pull the card at the sides

Then one for my friend to give her mom

FINALLY! the card for my mommy

sheesh ! that was a lot of pics

again, sorry for the terrible pics, I'm saving for a camera though  Smiley
btw idk why in the last one, the words are backwards?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #649 on: June 03, 2012 07:33:25 PM »

Your mother's day cards are fabulous! I love them.

SO - I've been a little busy/crazy/scattered lately, and I can't believe it's been over a month since I checked in. I was thinking I might send a quick little pm to everyone to signed up originally, just encouraging everyone to check in and see all the awesome that's been created over the past 9 months. Only 3 months left in this year's pledge and I can't even believe some of the AH-mazing things that have come out in this craft-a-long.

ANYWHO - for my baby sis' bday, I actually took her out and took some portraits of her and had them printed up and framed... it's not as homemade as some of the other things I've made in the past year, but she really loved it and I think they turned out wonderfully - here's her fave pic from the session.

And I'm still working on things for father's day (for mothers day we just did dinner, it's likely we'll be doing the same for father's day) , my big'un's birthday (although I'm fairly certain now that I'll be making him a wallet... he just got his OWN library card the other day, and he'll need a place to keep that and his "monies" (he's turning 4) so I'm looking around for some awesome superhero fabric that I can use.

ALSO - I was just recently invited to a bridal shower for a girl that I grew up with at church, and because I'm COMMITTED (or should be committed) I'm not purchasing her a gift. I've sewn an apron and knitted a couple of cotton dishcloths to give to her. The apron turned out really cute, which is great since a) I didn't use a pattern and b) I've never sewn an apron before, but I mean, come on, how hard could it be. I'll take some pics tomorrow and put them up so you all can take a look and let me know what you think!

Keep on crafting everyone!
Tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
-How to Create a Sequence in Premiere Pro CS4
How to Straighten Your Photos in Photoshop CS4
Learn about 3D Computer Art Museum
Learn about 3D Computer Architecture
How to Use the Patch Tool in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...