A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Year of Homemade Gifts! - 2011-2012 - Are YOU in?  (Read 77584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 27, 2011 11:22:23 PM »

Acherontia Aether love the shopping bag Grin i assume the fabric crackers dont tear like the paper ones or do they Undecided
cool cookies Grin
bookstorebabe, perhaps creating super hero character with flood work ( or runouts Undecided...this method: http://sweetopia.net/2009/12/how-to-do-royal-icing-flood-work-or-runouts/ )  since you could draw the design first then pipe over the lines.  you could also cut out a white ginger bread shape the same size as your cookie from icing and once dry use food colouring to paint the character on then stick the icing shape to the cookie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #571 on: December 30, 2011 07:05:36 PM »

Augggh.  I totally cannot keep up with this thread, and have just skipped like ten pages.  I was so busy crafting for Christmas that I didn't actually post about any of my Christmas crafting!  (And I still have three gifts left.  Roll Eyes )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #572 on: December 31, 2011 01:03:08 AM »

It's okay A2JC4life I still have gifts that were meant for Christmas to make too  Lips sealed As long as you finish they can wait  Cheesy

My Big Bang Theory gift for my friend:

The four of them made from more melted crayons

Explosion Box. (I wrote the theme song on the side of the lid)

Inside

I'm not sure if I should include a pic of each section, as there are 12 "pages"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #573 on: January 04, 2012 06:12:15 PM »

Well I had an epic fail in trying to get all my gifts being made not bought. Oops.

But what I made went over smashing!

The 3 pj sets I made (mom, bf's kids #2 & #3 loved them!)

I had an extra pj bottom purchased in Son #2's fave football team fabric that I made into a cowl and hat set, lined in black flannel. He looks like a ninja when covered up! lol!

I also made the pear butter that went over very well too. 

I gave BF a gift certificate for the knitted item of his choice since I couldn't get it done on time.

I made my mom and his mom scented handmade lotions. (rose, apricot freesia).
BF's mom got a pair of handknit socks and a spa wrap made from a towel.

I got a pair of insulated overalls for my dad, but made it crafty by replacing the zipper that was broken (since they were secondhand and on severe discount)

I also made my mom and bf cd's.

I fell very short of my Christmas goals, but I am already planning on incorporating them into my work for next year.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
butterflyangel
« Reply #574 on: January 04, 2012 08:19:20 PM »

Hawkeyes_girl: the pear butter and the lotions both sound so yummy !!  Cheesy
My crafty holidays was ALSO a complete fail but I'm definitely starting my gift list for next year. Hopefully I'll do better and redeem myself

Will we be seeing pics ?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: January 06, 2012 06:25:15 AM »

Hi Everyone!

Well, I've missed a bunch of posts AGAIN - but I promise I will go back and read them.

It was a push (boy oh boy was it a PUSH!) but we actually managed to finish EVERYTHING off of our Christmas list before Christmas. To be perfectly honest, I was weaving in the ends on b-i-l's socks as we pulled up to the house, but TECHNICALLY they were FINISHED before he got them! Ha ha.

In more sad news - our big laptop has died. And that means NO PICTURES. Which has been a royal pain for me here on Craftster (because I TOTALLY wanted to show you guys!) and for my blog - because, a blog isn't very fun without pics. Hubs assures me that he can fix the laptop and find all my files before he reformats.... but he has to actually DO It.

So for now - I can update my list. And say GREAT JOB to all of you for keeping with us so far. I think the rest of this craft-a-long will be much less stressful now that we've all gotten past the hoidays! (Or holi-daze as we've been thinking of them lately).

Anywho - what we managed to complete for Christmas:

Mum - knitted cardi (which actually fit! Whee!)
Dad - rainstick
Sis #1 - knitted infinity cowl (which she loved, which is awesome, because she's totally hard to please)
B-i-l - knitted socks (my first EVER pair of socks, knitted in the round, mens size 12, and they FIT!)
Sis #2 - knitted slouchy hat, big purple vinyl flower pin
Sis #2's  BF - Gaming pillow (which he called a torso pillow, but he says he's using it, and that it's helping his back, so that's good)
Hubs - Freezer paper stencilled t-shirt, black on black that has the Batman symbol and says "I'm Batman" in it
Kiddos - Two superheo capes (personalized with freezer paper) and two utility belts
M-I-L - a knitting loom that the hubs made - and it works! She called to tell us she's been working on a baby blanket. She makes a tonne of them for the church/hospital, so she'll be able to crank out way more using the loom than regular knitting
F-I-L - sewn touchpad case. Really, just a large, padded zip-up pouch, but hey.
B-I-L - two freezer paper t-shirts. One red with Star Trek font that says "Expendable" and one Blue that says "I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong"
B-I-L's finacee (that was the big news over Christmas! Super excited!) a beautiful cowl which I swapped with Jomama for. She loved it, and it was gorgeous. Thanks Jomama!
S-I-L - knit mittens
Hub's cousin - a shrink plastic hogwarts crest necklace.
Plus a WHOLE bunch of people got baskets/gift bags of jams, pickles, jellies, sauces, etc etc etc

PLUS I managed to make all of our Christmas cards

WHEW! I'm exhausted just writing all that down. Now, if I can just get the hubs to fix our laptop (I'm typing all of this on our teeny netbook and it's a pain in the rear) I'll upload pictures!

And now I'm going to go back and read up on what I missed!
Keep on crafting on!

Tea.

***EDITED TO ADD SOME PICS!***
Only a few, but hey - it's better than NONE!

Here they are.

Mum in her Cardi

Superhero capes and utility belts

sis in slouchy hat w/pin

other sis in infinity cowl (she pulled it out and actually squealed! which was kind of exciting because she's sort of hard to please... and she actually WORE it later that day, which is basically proof that she liked it)

Okay - this looks like a really weird picture, but it's actually my brother-in-law with one of the socks on to prove that a)they were finished before Christmas and b)it actually fit!

Brother-in-law with the "I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong" shirt

That's it for now! I'll post more when I can. Keep on crafting everyone, looking forward to the rest of this craft-a-long!

Tea.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012 06:22:22 PM by Teamama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
butterflyangel
« Reply #576 on: January 08, 2012 10:47:52 AM »

teamama: that cardi is so pretty ! i love that cape ! My fav though has to be the hat cuz of the flower  Cheesy soo pretty

congrats on being able to finish everything before Christmas
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kara B
« Reply #577 on: January 10, 2012 12:36:59 PM »

Congrats on forfilling your pledge, teamamma.  Everybody looks really happy with their gifts.

Now that Christmas is over, I'm heading in to a mad birthday dash, and not much ideas on what to make.  Here's who, and I'll update on what later:
January: best friends daughter, grandmother
February: Sister-in-law, 2x best friend, cousin (who just got engaged and is pregnant!)
March: Dad, Brother, Niece, Husband, Mother
THIS ROCKS   Logged
idioskosmos
« Reply #578 on: January 13, 2012 07:33:24 PM »

Hawkeye's Girl & Teamamma, you guys rock!  Here is my list of my completed handmade gifts (with reactions):

Elder son:  Horadric cube (big hit), Cpt. America T-shirt (he was gracious, but hasn't worn it)
Daughter:  T-shirt (turned out to be a failure after attempting to wash), Naruto headbands (big hit), Stocking cap (she wasn't thrilled)
Younger son:  Stocking cap (not a big hit, but he has worn it), Naruto headbands (big hit)

Hubby:  Snake scarf in his college colors (he's only worn it in the house), Space Oddity book (he already knew about it)

Dad:  Cow Pillow, Snail Hat, Oven Mitts (all well received)

MIL: Library book stack necklace (she liked it and immediately put it on)

BFF:  Wonder Woman bracelet (she said the style matched some X-Men earrings she just got)
Hubby of BFF:  Space Oddity book (big hit - he sang the whole song)

Other completed gifts:
5 snake scarves
Cherry Skull earrings
Zombie Apocalyse T-Shirt
Stone pendant necklace

So...what I've learned from this experience....

• Some people are easier to craft for than others.
  • Kids really only want toys.
  • I need lots and lots of time to do this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #579 on: January 13, 2012 07:55:17 PM »

It can certainly be tough to make homemade gifts for kids. That's always a challenge - but congratulations on everything you completed (and for sharing reactions) idioskosmos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Japanese Calligraphy Art
Supervillain Origins: The Shocker
Self-Portrait by Charlene Lanzel
Wonder Woman by Charlene Lanzel
Edie Superstar by Charlene Lanzel
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...