A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,628
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Year of Homemade Gifts! - 2011-2012 - Are YOU in?  (Read 72019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #520 on: December 11, 2011 10:13:29 AM »

Pollyprissypants - you must knit/crochet like a fiend! I've got WAY less knitting to do than you and I'm panicked! Good luck with your list!!!

I'm thinking that hubby and I may, unfortunately, purchase a gift for each other, although it would be a single gift from each of us to each of us... we're thinking about getting the David Tennant years set of the Doctor Who series. Yes, it would be purchased... and def. not frugal, but it would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

It's still under discussion, however, so we may end up making each other something if all of our other gifts get completed in time.

Well - I'm off to a family party... but I'm taking knitting with me, so technically it counts as crafting time. Right?

Tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrown e.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeave s.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: December 11, 2011 04:29:47 PM »

Why not get it? I figure if it is something that would be really appreciated/really wanted, and is something that can't be homemade (like DVDs) what's the harm? It's not like you're going out and buying your husband a scarf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: December 11, 2011 05:25:51 PM »

It WOULD be many many hours of awesome family enjoyment (our two little boys absolutely ADORE Doctor Who as well)... I'm thinking that's likely what we'll end up doing.

Also - update: finished s-i-l's mittens today! Woop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #523 on: December 11, 2011 09:29:11 PM »

Two weeks to finish, wow Shocked

place mats and trivets
night gown and robe
toque
three santa outfits
knitting kit
pajama
sweater
blouse
stockings
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
2Kids2Craft4
« Reply #524 on: December 12, 2011 08:24:37 AM »

I think I finally nailed down my list. My oldest brother isn't coming to Christmas, so I was given one of my younger brothers instead. That's 3 more kids!!

Mother - Button hoop?  (I'm making her one for her birthday too, so maybe not?) Birdhouse?
Father - Bookmark?
Husband - Pirate hoop? Lounge pants?
4 yr old daughter - MLP Playmat, chalkboard, butterfly barrettes, Play tent (w/ hula hoop), play food?
2 yr old son - Body sock, chalkboard, bean bag cover?, robot dress up, boy-rettes

Brother's Family: Farm playmat for the kids along with a monster stuffie each.
                        Pirate button hoop & Winter tree button hoop
                        cookies & candy

Sister - (Special swap) Button hoop  (I need buttons!!) Not sure yet

I've been sick and dealing with some financial difficulties (trying to save my house from foreclosure  Sad  ugh.), so I'm getting started now!! Yikes!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflyangel
« Reply #525 on: December 12, 2011 04:10:34 PM »

So I just went to a baby shower the past weekend for a friend of mine back in HS. It was so good to see some of the girls I hung out with in HS.

I made her a explosion box

but for some reason this is the only picture I have  Undecided

Here's some more christmas cards my mom had me make. Nothing too thick, she didn't want to pay extra  Tongue

Here's an updated version of my Christmas gift list:

-Elefante's ears (Can someone PLEASEE harass me via messages to get this done PLEASSEE?? This was suppose to be sent out back in SEPT!)
-SIL:bag
-SIL: mario charm keychain?
-Mom: She wants makeup. Idk what I can make for her though.
-Friend#1:purple/black scarf
-Friend#2:something big bang theory related
-Gingerbread cookies inspired by maxxev

I NEED HELP WITH:
-Friend#3: idk..he's jewish?? I was thinking of an 8 day advent calendar, but I don't know what to put in each box?
-Friend#4: I originally wanted to knit him a reversible hat, but I don't think I'll have time to do that, I'm a very S-L-O-W knitter. He likes UFC,Spiderman, Wrestling, and his going to be a marine
-2 former art teachers: both real cool. One I made 8 gifts for each day leading up to his birthday.

Please please PLEASE someone help me with these four people !  Huh Cry

Am I the only one who feels that there's not enough time to craft for Christmas? Back to work...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: December 12, 2011 04:38:37 PM »

butterflyangel - I will harass you via messages if you like... but WHAT are Elefante's ears?

Do you do freezer paper stencils? You could do a Bazinga shirt for your Big-bang-theory friend, and a spiderman shirt for your other friend?

I recently did a t-shirt for my b-i-l that's a Star Trek "Red shirt" (it's just a red t-shirt that says "Expendable" in star trek font on it). Sometimes it's neat to have a shirt that relates to their fave thing but isn't a purchased one that everyone else could have the same thing, makes it more unique.

For your Jewish friend, you could make a menorah. I'm sure if you google it you'd find all the info you'd need. OR you could just make them something that THEY like - doesn't have to be Hannukah related!

Art teachers: try and think OUTSIDE the art/teacher aspect. Do either of them like coffee/tea - mug rugs? Coffee cozies? What about fave movies - you could make a movie watching kit make up some homemade popcorn toppings - (I like chili powder, kosher salt, and lime zest - yum!), something that relates to their fave movie, a special decorated popcorn bowl, or crazy straw cup or something?

I think I'm all out of ideas for now! And I've gotta go - I'm a SLOW knitter too and I've got socks to finish before Christmas! EEP!

Tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #527 on: December 12, 2011 05:00:57 PM »

Teamama: omg please do! I'll be forever grateful. I made an elefante to go with a knitted hat that I made for a baby shower but I didn't finish since I never made the elephants ears.

What do you think would be good as little gifts to put in a hannukah advent calendar?

I like the fav movie kit or any other types of kits

Good luck with your knitting !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

idioskosmos
« Reply #528 on: December 12, 2011 09:10:05 PM »

Butterflyangel:  I'm Jewish so I thought I should chime in on the Channukah gift for your friend.  Smiley

Don't forget - this year, the first night of Channukah is Dec. 20!

Ideas for your advent calender: miniature candle (I've seen some cute ones made out of bottle caps), tiny star of David, chocolate coins, miniature shield (Channukah celebrates the defeat of Antiochus by the Maccabees).

Other good Channukah gifts are an oil lamp or a candle of some sort (one you make yourself, of course!), a handmade dreidle and bag of chocolate coins, or just about anything with a Star of David on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflyangel
« Reply #529 on: December 12, 2011 09:19:03 PM »

idioskosmos: awesome ! I'm going to give it to him on the 19th  Wink I've thought of making a tiny dreidel out of poly clay and now I can make a shield too ! Thanks !  Grin

Any other suggestions of things I can make out of poly clay for my calendar?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Is Paneer
Using Turmeric in Cooking
Using Fenugreek in Cooking
Making Cucumber Raita
Using Cumin Seeds in Indian Cooking
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...