A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,651
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Year of Homemade Gifts! - 2011-2012 - Are YOU in?  (Read 72056 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: November 12, 2011 05:51:59 AM »

That tea wallet is brilliant! I totally need one of those!

On a sewing note: has anyone ever made a "husband/boyfriend" pillow? You know the ones that are like a back support pillow with two arms that go under your arms while you lean against it? I need to make one for my sis' boyfriend for Christmas and I can't find a pattern... and cheapasfree would be best if anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to where to find such a thing.

Thanks!
Tea.

At first I thought you meant body pillow, the long straight one and thought "why would you need a pattern"....duh.

I have seen patterns for this item from either Simplicity or McCalls. The patterns go for very cheap at Joann's on sale so I'd look for them there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Kara B
« Reply #441 on: November 12, 2011 12:07:58 PM »

I've completely forgotten to check in here in months  Embarrassed  I'll redeem myself (I hope) by posting a picture of two bath scrubs I made:

They're made from scraps after the wedding dress I made in September, so one of them are for the bride.  I've got a few other Christmas gifts going, and will post pictures as I get done.

Now I'll go back read 1,5 months worth of posts...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: November 13, 2011 04:46:23 PM »

Kara B - you're totally redeemed! Smiley

What fabric did you use for your scrubbies? It looks like tulle from the picture... but I'm curious.... Also - you really should go back and read - there have been some A-MAZING things posted that our craftsters have made during this craft-a-long so far! (if you wanted to cheat, you could always click the image only tab Roll Eyes)

Anywho - good to have you back!
Tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrown e.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeave s.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: November 15, 2011 10:11:01 PM »

Hi all

I'm in the midst of trying to move half of my house into the other half, as we renovate one end (make sense?) so I've got stuff stacked everywhere, thus crafting is again the casualty.

I do have a question and am not sure which board to ask in (maybe someone can help or knows where I can ask). I dried my bridesmaid bouquet from my sister's wedding almost two years ago and for one reason or another she didn't save her bridal bouquet. So I was thinking of somehow displaying mine and giving it to her for Christmas (I'm sure it will have more sentimental value for her as years go by than it will to me). Anyone know firstly how to dust it without damaging (they're roses and I've had it sitting in a jar (vase style) on my dresser. Secondly, anyone know a good way to display it? I had thought some sort of spike to go up the middle of the bouquet, but then I thought it will only get dusty again  Undecided

thanks guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #444 on: November 16, 2011 04:43:49 PM »

To dust it, maybe a can of compressed air? No, how about using a hair dryer, on a low setting to start with? After that, a soft bristle brush should get any dust remaining.
For display, how about a glass or plexiglass dome? Or better yet, get a shadowbox frame. Pretty paper or lace for the background, add any memorabilia you may have-a wedding invitation, matchbook, napkin, ect. . Or print out a passage that works with the theme-a poem they read at the wedding, a copy of the wedding vows, something along those lines? Wedding pictures. Depending on the size of the frame, you may want to fill it, or just the bouquet and a background.
I'd go with the shadowbox-it can be easier to hang something than to find a place to set something on a table. Depends on where she has to display that kind of stuff.
It's a sweet idea, good luck with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
http://www.gofundme.com/bvnj24,help kid's chess trip
idioskosmos
« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2011 08:17:56 PM »

So I was thinking of somehow displaying mine and giving it to her for Christmas (I'm sure it will have more sentimental value for her as years go by than it will to me).

What a wonderful idea!  I agree that a can of air may be the best way to dust the bouquet. 

As far a displaying it goes, what about taking it apart and making a framed picture out of the flowers?  (My friend has a beautiful tree picture made out of hers)  Of course, since the flowers are already dried, that may not be feasible.

I also really like the idea bookstorebabe had to use a shadowbox and add in momentos from the wedding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: November 17, 2011 05:47:08 AM »

On my list and now complete:

MIL's socks made with sportweight and size 4 dpns. Hobby Lobby Alpine Wool in Apple Blossom.

Woo hoo! I love socks and this was a much quicker knit than fingering weight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #447 on: November 17, 2011 08:52:20 AM »

Whoa, great socks!  I like.

Took advantage of having the house to myself to make that necklace for DD. She wanted one after seeing  something similar I made for the random swap.
Silver swirls with red hearts are wine glass charms I've had forever, neat silver swirl bead, silver chain, jump rings, and 2 larger pearls and  earring hooks from a givers and needers swap, 2 smaller pearls from junk broken jewelry hoard. All I had to do with the charms was shape them slightly.
Center of necklace-

The earrings-

The set-

That's one christmas present! And I got in the fleece neck gaitor I ordered from Etsy, it looks perfect for my brother-so that's another present out of the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
http://www.gofundme.com/bvnj24,help kid's chess trip
idioskosmos
« Reply #448 on: November 17, 2011 10:12:14 AM »

This was my first attempt ever at using polymer clay, and I think it turned out okay!  These are Pokemon Gym Badges for my daughter's 8th birthday:

All I have left to do on these is to hot glue pin backs so she can wear them Smiley

Hawkeye's Girl:  Those socks are great!  I'm so intimidated by socks - maybe by next year....

Bookstorebabe:  The necklace and earrings are so beautiful!  I'm sure she will love them!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011 10:17:16 AM by idioskosmos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kara B
« Reply #449 on: November 17, 2011 11:56:27 AM »

Kara B - you're totally redeemed! Smiley

What fabric did you use for your scrubbies? It looks like tulle from the picture... but I'm curious....

Thank you.  I never understood the difference between tulle and netting.  It's the same fabric that you would make say a ballarina skirt out of (that's netting, right?), but a bit softer.  Would that be tulle, or is that when it is completey soft?

Also - you really should go back and read - there have been some A-MAZING things posted that our craftsters have made during this craft-a-long so far! (if you wanted to cheat, you could always click the image only tab Roll Eyes)

I've now read all everything I missed, and I must say you guys have made some amazing stuff!   All that canning really impressed.  And I'm so sorry the taxidermy-eye-ring didn't work out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Camtasia Files On Movie Maker
How to Create Stick Figure Animations - in Pivot
How To Make Watermarks
How to make HD Videos Using Cyberlink Power Director
How to Design a Haunted House Part 1/3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...