A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,953
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Year of Homemade Gifts! - 2011-2012 - Are YOU in?  (Read 80996 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: October 27, 2011 02:58:20 PM »

@Teamama

There are SO many ways you can go....Dr Who scarf, fangeek tees, binary code message items (still in knitting in my head but whatever works) are some that come to mind quick.

I see a lot of things with an apple outline and the pi symbol in it-apple pi.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
lieutenant_crunch

Actually, I've been promoted. It's Captain Crunch.

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 27, 2011 04:31:35 PM »

Thanks for the feedback on the NE in a box idea. idioskosmos: The picture album idea is great. My brother has some cool pictures he took at the Ashfall fossil beds, and I have some good ones from a Sandhills camping trip I took for a class in college. Also, the girlfriend is an English Lit major, so I was thinking of adding a book by a NE author, if I can find one cheap somewhere.

fullmoon: D'awwww, plushie Tardis ^_^  I might have to come up with an excuse to make one of those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm participating in the Year of Homemade Gifts!: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387047.0
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: October 27, 2011 05:00:08 PM »

hi guys
i'm still here finding it almost impossible to actually craft with a 6 month old and renovating a house. I have heaps of ideas and to top it off my dad has borrowed my sewing machine (well simce it was my mums and i only got it cos she doesn't really sew. So i kinda feel i have no right to demand it back until he's finished... Except that i kinda need it!

I'm also in a similar boat with my dh and i have his bday and christmas to craft for. He's really not that into crafted stuff so it has to be pretty much practical... Cute won't cut it. He's into sports, plays wow, works long hours.

So hopefully i'll get 'my' machine back this weekend so i can start on some craft... Maybe if my ds will let me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
Mrs. Awesome_Pants

Creative minds are rarely tidy.

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 27, 2011 05:50:54 PM »

I need to get my butt in gear.  At this rate, nothing is going to get made on time.  With NaNoWriMo starting in a few days, time is going to be tight...

November
Mom -- scrapbook

I collected some pics of us kids from her collection and stashed them away.  Next week I'm going to scan and print copies at Wal-Mart.  Right, I'm planning.

Devin (SO) -- Still not sure.  :-/

December -- Christmas!

Mom -- laptop, but with some sort of handmade accessory, like a case or lap desk.

Devin -- Captain America pillow

Bro 1 -- Steelers pillows.  Researched prices for pillow forms and came up with a pattern.

Bro 2 -- Granny's daughter afghan.  In progress, added a few squares last week.

Sister -- Huh?

BFF and goddaughters -- stuffies for the little ones, maybe a home spa type kit for their mom

College friend 1 -- Huh 

College friend 2 -- Huh

College friend 3 -- I've been collecting recipes for her cooking-themed package.  I went to cut the pieces for her apron but couldn't find the fabric I had planned to use, so I guess I need to

Ex-boss/friend -- I learned a few basic knitting stitches and made a square.  I didn't learn to cast off so I just kept going and it's beginning to resemble a scarf, so I think she'll get that.  Smiley

College friend 1's bf -- uh...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 27, 2011 10:51:18 PM »

home made gifts inspire craftiness in others Grin
my friend (the one who received the jack sparrow mug and plate) MADE ME this as a leaving gift Grin

my three favourite things come together at last!....in table ware form! Grin theres a Terry Pratchett quote on the other side (see? 3 ) im sure you can guess what my two other favourite things are Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #405 on: October 28, 2011 06:11:16 AM »

maxxev: oh my..that's ................super awesome !!  Shocked LUCKKYYYY !!!!!

fullmoon: lucky girl Wink but i'm pretty lucky too my guy thinks everything i make or draw is awesome (even if sometimes i don't think so)  Embarrassed so we're both pretty lucky  Cheesy

teamama: aww no plushiee?? not even like a useful one??? you can make a giant xbox plushie that doubles as a neck pillow...thingy (is that what they're called??) I'm making one for my friend =]

mellybelly81: how about a sports related cake for hubby?? or you can put all the things he likes together onto a nice quilt. that's practical  Wink

So I finished 2 things on my list for my friend Sean (he's the one who's like a father to me)
i'm still looking for a nice little jar to put the little stars in but here's the band puzzle

(this time i used a puzzle  Cheesy)

this puzzle includes:
manson, the cure, nirvana, nin, ministry, red hot chili peppers, beatles, ac/dc, van halen, radiohead, led zepplin, beastie boys, the chemical brothers, depeche mode, jimi hendrix experience

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011 06:21:06 AM by butterflyangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #406 on: October 29, 2011 10:57:46 AM »

So I'd forgotten how to knit lol. I realized I couldn't remember how to knit while trying to knot something and while wandering a store in WA I realized the problem and remembered what I needed to do xD yay! Now I can knit tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
idioskosmos
« Reply #407 on: November 02, 2011 02:53:07 PM »

I made an amazing discovery today!!  After Halloween, most pumpkin patches will give you pumpkins for free!  I'm boiling some right now to mash and turn into pumpkin bread!  I may even try canning some....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #408 on: November 02, 2011 03:25:16 PM »

Woodburned box for my boyfriend (I just got my 1st woodburner XD )

From this picture, the soap with the Celtic knot design is for my boyfriend

From this picture, the yellow one (I dont know how to spell the name of the thing that's the design on it) is for my mom (It's got oatmeal in it)

The blue one is for my mom, the green one  is I think for my boyfriend

I think there was one other I made for my mom but I don't remember what one it was.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
butterflyangel
« Reply #409 on: November 02, 2011 03:38:54 PM »

idioskosmos: mmmmmmm pumpkin pie is all i can think about  Grin

fullmoon: your woodburn box is awesome ! i really like the soaps though *jealous* very nicely done
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear a Bold Skirt this Summer
I-DIY: A Quick Craft to Bring Some Flair to Your Army Jacket
The Fashion Trends Your Kids Will Want to Rock for Back-To-School
Only Jessica Alba Can Make This Color Combo Look Chic
Trend Takeout: How to Throw On and Go Your Dress This Summer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...