A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Year of Homemade Gifts! - 2011-2012 - Are YOU in?  (Read 75488 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

idioskosmos
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2011 03:19:23 PM »

Jo_Mama:  I vote for the nom-nom monster :-)

2KidstoCraft4:  My kids love Plants vs. Zombies!  What a great idea - please post pictures!

Elliot_Anne:  An apron is a wonderful present for a child; why not include a coupon for some cooking lessons?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
creativeangel89
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2011 09:23:20 AM »

In September, I completed my first gift for a friend's wedding. We had already bought a set of towels as a gift, but I wanted to add something that reflected the Scottish theme of the wedding. After looking up some symbolism related to Scottish weddings, I attempted to paint a little wooden sign I bought at a dollar store. When that didn't come out right, I went to my cricut machine, picked a design that was similar to what I had wanted, and used puzzle sealer to make sure the paper cutouts wouldn't peal off.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=484307&ppuser=269619
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2011 09:40:03 AM »

Creativeangel - it's beautiful! What a great gift!

Okay - so I'm kind of in a pickle. My brand-new (like they got married last weekend) brother-in-law's birthday is TOMORROW! The first gift that I was working on for him is an EPIC FAIL (I was trying to knit a helmet liner for when they snowboard in the winter, but I've just had to frog more than 2/3 of the damn thing and it is NOT going well) and I'm STUCK, SO STUCK for what to make him.

SO - fellow craftsters, I call on you for help. He's a young guy, early 20s, he works as an elevator mechanic, he rides a motorcycle and/or drives a fancy subaru car, he's kind of really tall and skinny, and I need something I can whip up TODAY/TOMORROW before tomorrow night! So far I'm thinking socks, if I start RIGHT.NOW. I can probably get one done today and the other done between my bus-runs tomorrow... but that'll be tight. Does anyone else have a brilliant idea?! ANYTHING?! Help!

Also - Mother-in-law's gift is almost complete, I will post pics of it soon.

Tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2011 09:49:30 AM »

Whoa, sounds like my husband (at least the motorcycle Subaru part). Cross stitching silly quotes is always good, as are freezer paper stenciled shirts, which, aside from drying time, don't take long. Pajama pants are easy, a fleece blanket, jar of homemade candy, or make him a gremlin bell for his bike (if he doesn't have one already, but why not have two?).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2011 06:26:52 PM »

Hey guys ! So today was the baby shower for an old classmate of mine.
I decided to make them a bunny hat

I wish i had more pics but I was in such a rush to leave this is the only hat pic I have.

The bag says "sweet baby boy"

I've also decided to make an elefante stuffy but I decided on that way too late so I wasn't able to finish it in time. I'll either give it to them this Weds or I'll just mail it to them.

Now on to a gift question:

Do you guys think pillows would be more of a Christmas present or a birthday present??
I have a guy friend who loves playing video games so I decided to make him like a controller pillow but I'm not sure if I should give it to him as a birthday gift or Christmas?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers my seemingly simple and easy question.

Love the projects so far ! I'm off to do some hw and work on finishing the elefante

oh yeah...updated list:

-moon cakes
-bunny hat for baby shower 9/18
-elefante
-art supply bag for my SIL
-comic themed puzzle for friend's birthday 9/22 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=383835.0
-christmas stockings for CraftHope
-gift a day for a close friend 11/08
-controller pillow? for another friend 1/19
-HP birthday for family friend 11/21 I'm thinking of like HP cookies and I already bought her an unoffical HP cookbok  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliot_anne
« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2011 09:47:45 PM »

Super cute bunny hat!

I think you should make the controller pillow for whichever comes first, Christmas or his birthday. That way you have more time to think about/make something for the other holiday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2011 10:22:42 PM »

love the est. door plaque Grin
 butterflyangel awww cute hat Kiss did you make the bag too? that baby grow on the hanger is adorable

weekend of crafting Smiley o/h xmas gift is done and in the kiln if i get time he may end up with a second one. hopefully be able to get a few pics soon  Grin

brother number one. he's a huge pratchett fan (well who isn't?) so i made him this:

detail:

the t shirt was the a cheapie Smiley. i then hand painted the design in fabric paint (the original art is of course by the infamous Paul Kidby) im quite pleased with how well this came out considering how awkward it was trying to paint fine lines of a ribbed surface.

polymer clay pendant for my mum, just need to get a chain for it Smiley

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011 03:10:51 AM by maxxev » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2011 07:32:23 AM »

Friday was my birthday, so I gave gifts to my friends. I gave Paula a shawl I knitted for her, (she knew about it, but I had some finishing left) So I suprised her with it.
I gave Valerie a sweater I knitted and posted last year, it came out a bit small for me. She was thrilled!
 AND>>> the Kippah for Jim ( Just a friend) is crocheted. I'm now embroidering a design per his request- on it in gold floss. I almost went blind working in black with single crochet, size 3 cotton thread; 2.75 hook.
It was really hard to keep count when I couldn't even see where the increase stitches were! I started a second one just to get it perfect; however this one will have embroidery all over it and the mistakes will not be seen.  I might have requests for these after this one goes public! Thanks again for the pattern link, NotKnit!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

idioskosmos
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2011 09:36:04 AM »

Love the Scottish plaque, love the bunny hat, love the tee shirt! 

Teamama, what did you end up giving your bil?

Butterfly angel - I just finished up an apron for the Back to Hogwarts shop that would be perfect to give with your HP cookbook - it was on my swap partners wist - here's the link:

http://bakingdom.com/2011/04/harry-potter-gryffindor-apron.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflyangel
« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2011 12:10:02 PM »

elliot_anne: thanks ! I was thinking about that too his birthday is in NOV

maxxev: thank you ! it was my very first time making a hat ! It's my second knit project and no I bought the bag. I was having such a hard time buying a baby shower bag for boys cause they mostly have the super cute pink bags  Embarrassed btw I LOVEEE that pendant !

KLKing:wow i'd love to be your friend !  Cheesy

idioskosmos: wow thanks that would be PERFECT ! and it's gryffindor?!?! whooot !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Swatches Palette in Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Type Tool in Illustrator CS3
How to Use the Undo Command in Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Toolbox in InDesign CS3
How to Use the Zoom Tool in After Effects CS3
Latest Blog Articles
October 2, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Washi Tape
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...