A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Year of Homemade Gifts! - 2011-2012 - Are YOU in?  (Read 80938 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

decidedly average
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011 04:31:33 PM »

I just wanted to say I freaking love that zombie t-shirt design in the OP sooo much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011 05:21:49 PM »

I, Fullmoon, am committed to making a "Year of Homemade Gifts" from september 1, 2011 to september 1, 2012 with the following conditions: that if I am unable to make a gift for a person or occasion that it may be handmade by somebody else, be either secondhand and gently loved, or seriously discounted as to remain frugally responsible. I also commit to sharing my successes and failures with the Year of Homemade Gifts Craft-a-long on craftster.

I like making things, and to be blunt, I lack a job, I'm going to art school at the end of August, and I'm just starting my life as an adult-ish person. My mom has me on a budget (I'm living with my aunt and her boyfriend cuz we couldn't afford what it'd cost for me to live in an apartment or in student housing, even if we used student loans, since our loans are so high as it is already because my tuition is expensive), and I'm learning more and more how expensive things are. I'd rather craft or draw my gifts. Everyone always seems to like what I give them, whether it's drawn, painted, sewn, knitted, chainmailled, etc. So it's perfect for me. Cheesy

First gift:
August 13th - Aunt's b-day. I'm going to either do a charcoal drawing, or some chainmaille jewelry. I'm leaning towards making her a small golden colored chainmaille cross. Maybe also a small chain to hang it from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011 05:37:12 PM »

I just wanted to say I freaking love that zombie t-shirt design in the OP sooo much!

It was for my sister's boyfriend for his birthday. He says that to people all the time, so I decided he needed it on a t-shirt. He loved it and wore it the next day apparently. That's one of the best parts of a homemade gift - they can be precisely tailored to the receiver!

Fullmoon - golden chainmaille cross sounds cool! Chainmaille is one of those jewellery skills I have yet to try my hand at, but it always looks so beautiful and intricate! I'm sure people appreciate that your time and energy go into your gifts and I hope this craft-a-long encourages and supports you as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011 06:17:55 PM »

i don't have any birthdays coming up, but i want to give georgia's new teacher a back to school gift so i am brainstorming things i can give her.  they have not released the class lists, yet, but i am hoping she gets mrs.w (she's a huge fan of the arts).

then i need to work on halloween costumes.  i am thinking of making masks like these: http://pinterest.com/pin/63407294/ and then just "winging it" on the rest of the costumes.  here in st. louis we can never guess what the weather will be like in late october.

and then i have our anniversary in november.  #5 on 11.11.11!!  i've been wanting to get barry one of those lawn washer sets that latches together for traveling.  in the past i've seen people make these, so if you know anyone please let me know:D

jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.com
Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011 07:02:58 PM »

Okay jo, I'll bite - what's a lawn washer set? I've never even heard of such a thing? It sounds interesting!

Hallowe'en weather can be much the same here... one year we'll be out in t-shirts, the next year we're making costumes that fit over the kids snowsuits... you never know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011 07:05:36 PM »

Okay jo, I'll bite - what's a lawn washer set? I've never even heard of such a thing? It sounds interesting!

Hallowe'en weather can be much the same here... one year we'll be out in t-shirts, the next year we're making costumes that fit over the kids snowsuits... you never know!

it's a game where you take washers (little metal ring things) and throw them 15ish feet into a box with a hole in it.  kinda like a hick version of horseshoes?  http://www.originalwashers.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.com
decidedly average
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011 07:47:55 PM »

It was for my sister's boyfriend for his birthday. He says that to people all the time, so I decided he needed it on a t-shirt. He loved it and wore it the next day apparently. That's one of the best parts of a homemade gift - they can be precisely tailored to the receiver!

It's truly epic! I want to cross stitch it for a friend of mine - I think he'd love it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011 08:55:42 PM »

Fullmoon - golden chainmaille cross sounds cool! Chainmaille is one of those jewellery skills I have yet to try my hand at, but it always looks so beautiful and intricate! I'm sure people appreciate that your time and energy go into your gifts and I hope this craft-a-long encourages and supports you as well!

If I can get it to turn out right, it's gonna be great Cheesy I love doing chainmaille. I think this is a great craft-a-long ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
idioskosmos
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011 09:33:13 PM »

I, Idioskosmos, am committed to making a "Year of Homemade Gifts" from september 1, 2011 to september 1, 2012 with the following conditions: I will be purchasing toys for my young children as well as making them gifts.

I also commit to sharing my successes and failures with the Year of Homemade Gifts Craft-a-long on craftster.

October:
Son's birthday
Best Friend's birthday

December:
Daughter's birthday
Brother's birthday

January:
Dad's birthday

February:
Grandpa's 100th birthday!!!
*Help with ideas would be much appreciated*

March:
Stepdad's birthday
Son's birthday

April:
Husband's birthday

More to come....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011 02:46:28 AM »

a wonderful idea! Grin i always try to make as many of my christmas pressies as i can so it shouldnt be to hard to continue the creativity around the rest of the year  Smiley

I, Maxxev am committed to making a "Year of Homemade Gifts" from September 1, 2011 to September 1, 2012 with the following conditions:  I will do it as cheaply as possible, that I may occasionally pick up treasures which are secondhand and gently loved, or seriously discounted as to remain frugally responsible. I also commit to sharing my successes and failures with the Year of Homemade Gifts Craft-a-long on Craftster.

approximate project list:

sept:
leaving gifts for 2 work colleagues (done...however i now have 2 more colleagues leaving in october, one of which is a close friend)

October: leaving gifts for 2 colleagues including the traditional leaving mambos mug (big pirates fan so captain jack? ) completed.

nov:
dads birthday: completed

brother no.1 birthday: completed

dec:
brother no.2 birthday despicale m(e)inion gingerbread man

+a whole lot of crimbo pressies (eek!) including handmade crackers for o/h family and mums stocking
- 'puddle jumper' dinner plate for o/h

- Mum (stocking filler) : squiggle pendant (need chain)

tea wallet (stocking filler)

mums cristmas pressie: puffin brooch

bro no 2:chainmail bracelets (one blue and one gold for him i've made one for each of my sister in laws too)

pressie for friend

feb:
valentines/ our anniversary
april:
o/h birthday
may:
mums birthday
june:
close friends birthday
july:
close colleagues birthday

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011 10:46:43 PM by maxxev » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Zoe Saldana Bares Her Abs in a Crop Top and Goes Bold in Hot Pink
The 6 Shoes Every Woman Should Own
How to Pick Underwear For Your Body Type
Cool-Girl-Approved Vests You Need in Your Wardrobe
A Surprise Makeover For a "Rachael Ray" Audience Member
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...