A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,319
Currently Running With Scissors:
497 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Year of Homemade Gifts! - 2011-2012 - Are YOU in?  (Read 91661 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lieutenant_crunch

Actually, I've been promoted. It's Captain Crunch.

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 21, 2011 07:06:09 PM »

So, I had an idea for my brother's girlfriend for Christmas. She lives in Florida, and isn't going to be able to come here to Nebraska to visit. So I thought maybe it would be cute to make her a "Nebraska in a Box" package, so we can send some Nebraska to her instead. Do you think that's a good idea? I thought of putting in Baker's Chocolates (made in Greenwood, NE), a postcard of some kind, something Huskers-y...any other ideas? I also thought of Kool-Aid, because it was invented here, but you can buy it anywhere, so I don't know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm participating in the Year of Homemade Gifts!: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387047.0
idioskosmos
« Reply #381 on: October 21, 2011 11:00:32 PM »

I thought maybe it would be cute to make her a "Nebraska in a Box" package, so we can send some Nebraska to her instead.

That's a great idea!  Might I suggest a small photo album filled with pictures of the places she would see if she does visit?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mrs. Awesome_Pants

Creative minds are rarely tidy.

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 22, 2011 06:52:35 PM »

So, I had an idea for my brother's girlfriend for Christmas. She lives in Florida, and isn't going to be able to come here to Nebraska to visit. So I thought maybe it would be cute to make her a "Nebraska in a Box" package, so we can send some Nebraska to her instead. Do you think that's a good idea? I thought of putting in Baker's Chocolates (made in Greenwood, NE), a postcard of some kind, something Huskers-y...any other ideas? I also thought of Kool-Aid, because it was invented here, but you can buy it anywhere, so I don't know.

I think that sounds like an awesome idea, as well!  I think there were place swaps recently, maybe you can check them out for inspiration?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflyangel
« Reply #383 on: October 23, 2011 07:28:44 PM »

lieutenant_crunch: i like the "NE in a Box" idea ! I always wanted to make one of those can't wait to actually see one and have get an idea of how to make my own  Grin

I just thought I'd stop by letting everyone know I'm still alive !! Been very busy with school and studying (midterms this week! >.<)

I love everyone's projects so far !  Grin I thought it would be so easy to craft gifts for everyone, but it turns out a lot harder than I thought ! Everyone on here is soo amazing  Cheesy

updated version of my list:

-moon cakes
-bunny hat for baby shower 9/18
-elefante
-art supply bag for my SIL
-comic themed puzzle for friend's birthday 9/22 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=383835.0
-birthday card for a friend (10/4 today )
-gift a day for a close friend 11/08
-x-box controller pillow for another friend 11/19
-HP birthday for family friend 11/21 HP cookies 
-"you & me" card for best friend & SIL

Christmas
-my friend RIC: black & purple skull scarf
-DH: spiderman pillows
-my friend RUDY: glitterfied spiderman & reversible hat
....to be continued....

I've decided for my gift a day "Friend" (much older, more like a father to me, but a friend nonetheless), I'm going to make a advant calendar countdown until birthday.
Gifts:
-Card wishing happy birthweek
-stenciled tee
-fav band logo puzzle (like my batman theme puzzle)
-jar of stars
-family guy drawing mash up with addams family (saw a stiching on this very site)
-on the day of his birthday, I'm hoping to bring him lunch. Lasagna and chocolate cupcake =]
-paper cutting of some sort

I'm missing one more gift for my gift a day, any body have any ideas?? I thought of knitting him something, But I don't think I have enough time (I'm a slow knitter). He doesn't wear gloves, ties, sweaters, vests, and I got him a button up last year for christmas. He's an art teacher, rides a motorcycle, has dreads, likes family guy, ren &stimpy, old school rock and obviously loves art.
help?  Huh Cry

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: October 23, 2011 08:37:19 PM »

@ butterfly angel: one thing a lot of motorcycle riders could use is a good neckwarmer/cowl that covers where a tee shirt ends and the bottom of the helmet. You could sew a simple one with fleece and use flame fabric or some others "butch" themes.

On a crafty, sorta related note: just played with the pressure canner. It takes a lot of attention to keep at the right pressure....but I have shelf-stable turkey chili! I already made a chicken in my crock pot and made soup with the leftover broth....and I have 3 quarts of that to process. It's a pain to do but boy do I love the end result! Woo canning-for $6 or so I made a whole chicken and 3 quarts of soup. Take that, progresso!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #385 on: October 23, 2011 08:45:07 PM »

I just discovered Melt n Pour soup and all the yummy scents and colors you can add >_>;;; I know melt n pour isn't cool like HP and CP, but I really like it and wanna do it 'til I can get the stuff for HP or CP >_<;; I think I might give some soaps as gifts at Christmas along with other things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
idioskosmos
« Reply #386 on: October 24, 2011 02:16:02 PM »

Ack - only one week to finish up the kids Halloween costumes!  This year, the oldest wants to be a witchdoctor (easy!), the youngest wants to be conehead zombie (from Plants vs. Zombies), and the girl wants to be Cranidos (a Pokemon).

The most difficult is turning out to be Cranidos, who is a "dinosaur-type" pokemon.  I've decided to go with the hoodie/sweat pants option, so I hope it turns out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: October 24, 2011 05:44:39 PM »

I just discovered Melt n Pour soup and all the yummy scents and colors you can add >_>;;; I know melt n pour isn't cool like HP and CP, but I really like it and wanna do it 'til I can get the stuff for HP or CP >_<;; I think I might give some soaps as gifts at Christmas along with other things.

I think glycerin MP is better for kids especially. They want more fun shapes and colors and you can do this much faster with MP
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #388 on: October 24, 2011 06:29:54 PM »

I did a batch of goats milk MP and a batch of Shea butter MP. What's better to try 1st since I've only done MP, CP or HP? What is the difference between the two? Any suggestions/recommendations/good places in stores or online to buy supplies?

I think glycerin MP is better for kids especially. They want more fun shapes and colors and you can do this much faster with MP
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: October 24, 2011 06:31:44 PM »

You should check out the bath and beauty board. They have lots of information on different soap making and links to places to learn more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashionable Boots for Fall
Back to School Style Tips
How to Wear All White After Labor Day
Selena Gomez Vs. Rihanna - Who Wore Their Denim Shorts Best?
Lori Bergamotto Pairs Designer and Affordable Pieces for the Perfect Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...