A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,386
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Year of Homemade Gifts! - 2011-2012 - Are YOU in?  (Read 92119 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

idioskosmos
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2011 10:58:13 AM »

Bad news: The ring literally died

So sorry to hear that - what happened?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2011 11:06:46 AM »

Someone took calligraphy...nice job!  Grin

The hair rinse I added Lavender EO and real lavender buds to. It is sucking the color from the buds and smells real lavender-y. It does have a slight vinegar smell but I am assured it goes away when your hair dries.

And you are only using 2 tbsp. in 2 cups of water so the impact is diluted.

thanks.
i may have to experiment  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #352 on: October 13, 2011 05:24:43 PM »

Bad news: The ring literally died

So sorry to hear that - what happened?

It's kinda hard to explain :s It's somewhere between e6000 player hating mixed with me sucking at wire wrapping, mixed with this copper wire being evil mixed with a lot of random things? O_O;;;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
IsikkahJai
« Reply #353 on: October 13, 2011 05:37:23 PM »

Alive. Crafting for Swaps. Planning on stopping Swaps in November to finish:
   Baby Blankies for Dominic---End of the month O___O
   Quilt for Husband---for Anniversary in March
   Cross-stitch for mom---by May (mother's day)
   Wedding Cross-stitch for mom and dad---whenever I get around to it  Wink
   Poppet for Cousin, DesignVigilante
   Blanket and room accents for Moira---Spring

Yay...I'm finally worthy to be on this board!  Tongue I'm so bad at budgeting....lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 14, 2011 09:26:28 PM »

last leaving gift for a close college of mine. shes a huge Jack sparrow fan so her mug had to have him on it really. the image was one i found on Google images. for some reason the glaze refused to cover part of the pottery so it ended up going through the kiln so many times the lines had began to run (particularly the hat) Sad
o/h said it looked good anyway and the blurred lines just added shading but it did annoy me coss theres no way i can redo it in time and i wanted it to be perfect.

the bottom reads 'yo ho, a pirates life for me!'
shes also getting a polymerclay necklace in green shes been hinting for (just need to finish sanding and buffing that) and  a plate signed by as many members of staff as hadnt left yet. i painted the 'mambos' logo in the centre.

both images are painted with underglaze onto premade bisque, dipped in clear dipping glaze and fired Smiley
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011 09:30:56 PM by maxxev » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: October 15, 2011 07:54:14 AM »

Wow. amazing work.

You guys are crazy talented people thus far! Who needs stores when you can have handcrafted sweetness like this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 15, 2011 08:26:19 AM »

that Capt Jack mug is awesome!
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #357 on: October 15, 2011 02:36:42 PM »

Good news Cheesy

So, I asked PeachieClean for a price quote on what it'd take to make the ring (Plus a matching-ish smaller one for me lol, I'm lame, but I looooove the look of steampunk rings!), so we're discussing stuffs on it x) This will hopefully work out well. I love her rings, she made my little sister an absolutely gorgeous ring, and Boyfriend and I some matching niobium/copper rings a while ago. I don't know how often he wears his though, but I freaking love mine. x) It fits me really well!

Meanwhile, other in progress crafty things are coming along. I also may try to make apple butter and give some to my parents at Christmas time? Idk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: October 15, 2011 02:44:20 PM »

Wow - I am so awed by the amazing talents that are in this group.

A few things: 1) I am making progress on finishing up all the canning etc. I'm hoping to get that done in the coming week.
2) I am getting a sewing machine on Sunday! Yay!

3) I am ROYALLY ticked off at Canada Post. NOT ONLY have they apparently completely lost the package that I sent to my partner for the Back to Hogwarts swap, but today, my neighbour came by and said "Hey - the postman was here yesterday ringing your doorbell, but no one answered, so I took in this envelope for you"... and guess what it was?! The necklace that I made for jo_mama's Mum - which apparently has been languishing either in a CP office or at the border somewhere for WEEKS!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! So, jo_mama, I'm reshipping to you via either FedEx or UPS on Monday. I'm so ticked off at Canada Post lately I can't even express it. I'm sure you've been wondering where the necklace is - and now I know - it's been in postal-limbo!

ANYWHO - back to crafting. I've been knitting a cardi for my Mum for Christmas, and it's working up really nice and fast. I'm using a homespun in this really rich red, cranberry-ish colour and it's just nice and soft and simple, but I think Mum will like it. I'll post pics when it's done for sure!

Is anyone thinking about Hallowe'en yet? My big guy wants to be a pirate this year, so I've got the pants done, and I'm thinking about doing a t-shirt a couple sizes too big for him so he can wear it over a coat if necessary (this IS Canada after all, who knows what Hallowe'en will be like... snow? Possibly!). My little guy will be wearing a monkey costume that's store bought (but SOOOo cute and warm) that my sil bought for my big one a couple of years ago.

I think that's it for me for now! I've got a lot on my plate lately, but the end is in sight, so back to crafting!

Tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
2Kids2Craft4
« Reply #359 on: October 15, 2011 03:49:58 PM »

Well, I ended up finding about 3-4 boxes full of leatherworing stuff, so I gave it to my dad for an early present.  I didn't make it, but I didn't spend any money either!

Fall Party (Nov 5th):
   Dino hat just needs velcro.
   3 treasure maps in progress
   Just starting to cut out the faux stole
   Still not started on the Dino gloves   Sad

Halloween:
uh...yeah...I should really get started on that.
I do at least have ideas of what I'm going to do and I have a list of things to get from the thrift store to help complete the costumes.

Have I mentioned yet that I'm a terrible procrastinator?  Two kids (4 & 2) don't help either.  Tongue

2 sister's birthdays have passed and I still need to work on their presents. I have fonts and ideas, but I found out I don't have Word, so I have to install that to get the font, so I can use the wonderful program that was shared with me in here.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chicken Wings
How to make a Ham & Onion Omelet
How to make Mac Attack
NY Strip Steak & Potatoes with Chef John Schenk
How to Cook a Tuna Fish
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...