A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,328
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Over 30 Geezer Swap Round 4 GALLERY  (Read 23352 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gumption

"Sing an outlaw love song." -Social Distortion

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011 06:41:37 PM »

THANKS, KITTYKILL!  Here are some pictures of my awesome package!
The most awesome, necessary framed picture for my guest bathroom:

In use:

She also included an extra teatowel:  I love, love, love Flour Sack towels.  And owls.  That rhymes!  And my 7-month-old daughter already used it.  Sorry for the stains already.

Close-ups of the happy and angry owls:

This was an awesome swap!  Thanks for everybody being so friendly and communicative.  Great crafts, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2011 06:45:36 PM »

Yay for useful and beautiful packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2011 06:46:30 PM »

Beautiful work Kittykill!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2011 03:58:59 AM »

Yeah! I'm so glad you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2011 08:57:27 PM »

I love the bathroom embroidery!  Fabulous!

I thought I was going to be late, but inspiration struck and the craft stars aligned and I got everything completed today!  I will be sending to Lunanne tomorrow!  Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2011 06:05:42 PM »

Ok, I've thought of a new slogan for Craftster:  "Where friends are made and dreams really do come true!"  Grin   (Ok, ok...I may have borrowed some of that, but hey, it's the truth!)

My package was supposed to arrive yesterday, but didn't, so today after work, I stopped home before doing anything else to see if it had come yet.  The mailman jammed it into the mailbox, but except for a small tear in the wrapping, it was fine.

(I am unable to take and post photos, so I am going to post descriptions of the items A2K made me and then I will PM her to see if she can post some photos of the amazingness that she created for me!)

Let's start off by saying that as soon as I opened up the package, I just hugged the first item to my chest and gasped and my jaw had dropped.  A2K made me the MOST AWESOME CRAFT BAG with an OWL/moon/stars with a brown background fabric, with turquoise for the handles and bottom.  The owl fabric feels like some sort of canvas(?) and the turquoise fabric is not velour, I don't think, but it is so soft!  A2K also stitched throughout the owl fabric with turquoise thread as an accent (I had mentioned owls, and the color combo of turq. and choc. brown as a favorite, and she delivered!).  On the sides, she made ties so that if the bag is really full, I can untie them for more space!  The inside of the bag is lined with beautiful green fabric, and she put TONS of pockets along the edges!  The bag closes with a loop and what I think is a crafted turquoise button!

Now let me say, the bag itself is jaw dropping amazing by itself, but there was MORE items inside!  Here goes:

-A sewn large pouch/bag that is made out of a strip of the owl fabric from the big bag and the rest orange fabric!  (Orange is my favorite color!)  This was done with more turquoise decorative stitching and a unique beaded pull on the zipper!
-A wristlet that has a detachable wristlet part and two zippered compartments with orange ribbon zipper pulls.  This one is made with flowered orange fabric and blue polka dot fabric, and fun yellow zippers!  The inside is the same green fabric as the big bag, and there is decorative stitching on this item too!
-Something I had on my wist...a travel sewing/crochet holder!  This is made with purple owl and star fabric with blue thread accents, and the inside is brown fabric with the same owl fabric as the outside as an accent on the inside!  Again, TONS of compartments/pockets to hold anything you could ever want to take with you!  AND, the zipper on the inside has a beautiful bead pull with a 'hope' word charm attached, and the zipper on the outside has a bead and key zipper pull!

CAN YOU BELIEVE AFTER ALL THIS THERE WERE EXTRAS?HuhHuh?!!!!!!  Well, there were!
-Three steel crochet hooks in sizes that I didn't have!
-A package of six plastic crochet hooks
-'Comfort grip' thingys to put on your crochet hooks to crochet more comfortably
-HANDSPUN YARN!
-The latest edition of Crochet magazine
-A lovely little notepad book with a pen attached
-A Captain America postcard with her note on it to me
(she also tied the package shut with a "ribbon" of some nifty fabric which I am saving)

I am speechless!  This is one of the most thoughtful, generous, well thought out swap packages that I have ever received!  (And I've been in a lot of swaps!)  AND, you were so kind to me when I was PMing you about my hand issues.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl (my personal pinterest)
www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
http://Pinterest.com/LadybuggirlCrafts (my business pinterest-click on banner in right corner)
I'm on instagram:  ladybuggirlcrafts

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
A2K
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2011 06:25:16 PM »

What's more gratifying?  Crafting? or being appreciated as a crafter?  Cheesy  Thanks for your kind words, Miss Barbara!  Here are some pictures:

Notes:  The blue button on the front of the bag was "purchased" in STS from Untouchableface.  The other zipper pulls came from OWS and were made by KrisSmith and Kartiana.  The handspun yarn was created from reclaimed fibers by LaughingLark in STS and is called "Shady Garden."  I really had trouble parting with that, but it seemed to fit with the package.  The steel hooks came from the thrift store -- a favorite activity of mine.  I'm glad you like your package, MissB!  Now get that bag packed up with a project and get to hooking!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2011 06:45:20 PM »

Lucky miss Barbara! I love the turquoise & owl bag! Have I mentioned my craftster crush on A2K before? She seems to do everything with style and aplomb!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacysews
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2011 07:34:51 PM »

I love the owl bag, but that zip up needle case in genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2011 07:41:20 PM »

Beautiful work A2K.  Definitely crushworthy!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ambient Art - Cezanne
How to Clean Up and Maintenance Airbrushes
How to Reveal Masked Image using an Airbrush
How to Create a Geometric Shape using an Airbrush
Airbrush Masking Techniques Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...