A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,145
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Girls with Slingshots Swap?  (Read 159 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Indecisive Monkey

Dragon Slayer Sam - Killer of Beasts

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2011 05:00:32 AM »

Does anybody else here read the web comic Girls with Slingshots? I love it, and I read it every day along with a couple of others. This morning as I was sitting here with my coffee and clicking through, I decided that I was going to make myself a romance detectice outfit. Why yes, it will be glorious, but that's not the point.

The point is that I would also have fun making someone else a romance detective outfit! The problem -  I've just signed up for my first swap, so I couldn't join this one right now, let alone organise it, but I thought I'd put the idea out there. It's a great web comic, and would allow for all sorts of cute and funny takes on the themes of the comic. Vibrator stuffie anyone?

Sam
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quinndustrious P.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011 03:16:37 PM »

Haha, that's so funny, I was reading that today as well, and also thought how great it would be to have Jaime's romance detective outfit! I'm actually going on break from swaps for a while, seeing as I've been doing a lot and not focusing on my own crafts, but I'm glad to know there's another crafter who loves that comic! I recall there being a general webcomics swap being discussed somewhere on this board, maybe you could find some people there? I would also love some Questionable Content or Hark! a Vagrant! goodies...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my pinterest boards! http://pinterest.com/quinnp/
Scriblette

Lackadaisical - something about missing flowers?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011 04:15:00 AM »

I love GWS! I read far too many webcomics (goodbye work productivity), but GWS is one of my favorites. Jaime's romance detective outfit, McPedro, and embellished bandannas for Jameson. Yessshh.

Maybe try a webcomic swap, though? Just so that you'd get enough people involved. (It's just a thought.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Who run the world (in upper economic classes in developed nations without religious laws forbidding them to do so)?
-Girls?

Wists
Indecisive Monkey

Dragon Slayer Sam - Killer of Beasts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011 07:50:54 AM »

Thanks guys!! You're both probably right, that a more general web comics swap would attract more people than something GWS specific. People could be paired up if they read the same web comics, and then not everything a person got would relate to one comic. I'll look around for this other thread Quinndustrious P. mentioned Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april again
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011 01:25:43 PM »

Hahhaa that would be fun...I love that comic Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sherry Lansing: A Third Chapter
Sherry Lansing: When a Movie Fails
Sherry Lansing: Pioneer Studio Executive & Philanthropist
Sherry Lansing: True Love at 47
Sherry Lansing: The Choice to Work and Be Single
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...