A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,109
Currently Running With Scissors:
774 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Studio: Work in progress  (Read 4360 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MadelBlue
Blue Sees...

Tangled up in blue...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 25, 2011 07:50:56 PM »

Sneak Peek:

My beautiful wife and I have been home improving fools since buying our first home in November. So far we've done all the work ourselves! We're pretty awesome girls lol We are basically painting and reflooring every single room.

Amazing woman that she is, she helped me do this over two days Memorial weekend. It combines my love of all things craft and it will be my library.

I feel so spoiled to FINALLY have a craft space. (I do scrapbooking, tile mosaics and photography mostly, recently getting into card making and some jewelry) See ya later kitchen table/ bed crafting! I am giddy with excitement, I'm sure everyone here can relate. It's not finished at all,... but I couldn't wait to post pics. I'll update with my progress!

Still to do: Paint trim, Window coverings, Install new light fixture, new door levers, rug, photos and various crap for walls, and book shelves, book shelves, book shelves! And um, you know, haul in all my craft stuff...

BEFORE: aka Beware the basement

Lets not even discuss that brown indoor/outdoor carpet with previous owner pet pee stains EWWWWW!!

Stage One:

Pyro the cat admires my floor

View from the closet (haha) The walls are less bright blue and a touch greener. More soothing... It's hard to capture true color

My desk- just waiting for my new iMac

CURRENTLY.... Still not finished but making progress!!

This is the far corner, some of my favorite photos on the ledge, the hanging jar holders on the wall hold beads, jewelry findings, scrapbooking brads etc. Most of the storage stuff came from Ikea

]

Another view of that wall. The brown thing on the left corner is my forever unfinished mosaic table.

Corner by the closet

Computer, ikea desk, free newspaper kitty Smiley

Inspiration and mementos

Bookshelf, still have boxes and boxes of books to unpack. The wife and I assembled this monster without a single curse word Smiley

Not really a photo of anything but I love these stars, bought them at an adorable Amish bake shop

Still to do:
Window covers, clean and straighten, get a rug, hang a few shelves. These pics aren't the greatest and I still have a lot to do (in between the rest of the home projects, work and grad school starting next month lol) I didn't want to leave this thread hangin. Hopefully it inspires some one as some of the amazing craft rooms posted here have inspired me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

saratera
no- i said stick it in your BUTTONhole!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011 08:20:05 PM »

looks like a page right out of the ikea catalog. very organized!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Christin525
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011 08:56:39 PM »

It looks great! And, I'm totally in love with those jar holders, very unique! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BirdBones
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011 09:30:47 PM »

Wow, this looks very beautiful and organized. I love how you made this room look airy, even if there's only a small window. And there's so much room! Aww. I'm envious...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oodelally

Absence makes the heart grow fonder xo

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011 10:23:15 PM »

Thanks for sharing this Smiley I love sneaking peeks at others' crafting spaces ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~

Can you send me joker playing cards? I am working on a big project Cheesy
My Pinterest | My Blog
hockamama
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011 05:29:40 AM »

Wow, that's a great room, full of inspiration and that ever elusive space to work!  I love your choice of wall color, very soothing, and the pics everywhere.  My craft room is small, and I have it so packed full of stuff I love, that I barely have room to work.  I envy your space  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament.
  ~Oscar Wilde

wistpinterestfacebook
fochaux
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011 03:49:50 PM »

YAY for Ikea!!!!!  and like the msot spectacular and organized craft room EVER!  I love your color choices!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Since my girls actually nap (knock on wood), I am going to start trying to work off my negative feedback.  Life got hectic with their early arrival.  I apologize for the inconveniences my flaking caused.
MadelBlue
Blue Sees...

Tangled up in blue...

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011 04:37:10 PM »

Thanks Smiley I am a perpetual other people's craft space lurker. I've never had my own craft space and was floored when I got this huge basement room! I think the light flooring really helps open the space up! Also, the awesome ceiling light my wife installed (it had one of those generic boring lights that look like a boob-I hate boob lights)

On my inspiration line there is a 5x7 picture of a bedroom from a magazine that has similar wall color and black and white accents. I fell in love and have been toting it around with me. One of these days I'll finish it and post proper pics. Thanks for the feedback Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hollie Hobbie

Where the heck is MY easy bake oven!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011 02:55:51 PM »

It is beautiful!! I really like your inspiration/momento cord thingy that you have stuff hanging off of. What a good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itasva
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011 07:19:24 PM »

Woah, amazing! Very inspiring room, thanks for sharing. I think every crafter should have a wonderful CREATION-SPACE like this Cheesy ! Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion and Beauty Photography Techniques
How to Create Ringflash Style Portraits on a Budget
How to Master High Key and Low Key Lighting for Fashion Photography
Sony Cybershot DSC-TX7 Digital Camera Review
Natural Light Photography
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...