A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,145
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Nom Nom Nommiest carrot coconut cupcakes you will ever eat (guaranteed)  (Read 495 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe , cupcake , coconut , carrot  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sisteroo
« on: July 25, 2011 07:27:57 PM »

The first time I heard the words “carrot” and “cake” used together, my nose crinkled up so tightly that it would make the Easter Bunny hop away in shame. What half-baked nut decided to pair a vegetable—a noxious, stringy, tasteless plant with a dessert—the food of Gods, and well, my most-frequented food group (doesn't that new food stair/pyramid have dessert as the first and largest stair?). As a child, attending a wedding had one advantage: endless treats. My small frame slumped over in disappointment every time I was forced to attend a reception which served nothing but carrot cake. On such occasions, I supposed the bride and groom were so madly in-love, they managed to overlook that their Grandma or some other rabbit-food eccentric had ordered them a non-cake cake—a cake whose elegance and silver edible balls (newly approved by the FDA) draw the nearly dying sugarmonger to its side, only to stuff her cheeks full of CHUNKY VEGETABLES! Shock, terror, disappointment, and rabid anger are a few of the initial feelings I would use to describe such an experience; yes sadly, I have been a first-hand victim.

Perhaps it's my maturity and life experience, maybe even my taste buds dying off from taking too many first bites of steaming-hot DiGiorno pizza right out of the oven; call me a rabbit-food-eating Grandma if you wish, I now love carrot cake.

This recipe is for a fairly easy, and veeery moist and tasty carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I'm going to build up my ego and say that I make a much better carrot cake than the ones I tasted as a child, because children run up to me on the street begging for one when I'm out delivering them to friends. They do not cry and spit them out, they ask for more. Yes, they are that good, especially the mini-cupcake size—perfect for the tiniest of chubby hands, and even better for adults who know they need at least 3 of some kind of dessert, whatever it may be—plus, the carrots help us rationalize eating more.

A perfect Easter tradition, this recipe can make a fantastic carrot cake for Easter dinner (pour evenly into 2 8” or 9” circle pans, or a 9x13” pan), regular sized cupcakes, or many minis (fill cupcake tins about 2/3 full). In a few hops, these will be out of the oven and into happy mouths!

Bon Apetit!

Tutorial pics at: http://www.sisteroo.com/2011/06/carrot-cupcakes.html

Incredible Carrot Cake
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped pecans

Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans (I prefer my icing without)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan, 2 circle cake pans, or prepare cupcake tins.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
3. For a cake, bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cupcakes will need significantly less time, so keep an eye on them (probably 10-15 minutes depending on whether you make minis or regular-sized).
4. To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped pecans if desired. Frost the cooled cake.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011 12:48:52 PM by MareMare - Reason: to add image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sketch a Nose
How to Sketch a Mouth
How to Rank Comic Books
How to Sketch Eyes
How to Draw Winged Hearts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...