A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLAMP in EmbroideryLand (img. heavy)  (Read 2455 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

11denson
Basically, I have two speeds. Hostile or smart-alek. Your choice.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2011 02:06:46 PM »

My favorite mangaka of all time are CLAMP. Those gals are absolutly amazing! So I thought that I would make something from one of their works--Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. TRC, in my opinion, is their best. Such a beautiful story. I recomend that everyone read it Cheesy!
 There wasn't much to making this. It took me a long time to find just the right pictures. I gathered various pics from online (believe me if you search for them, you'll never find them!). I took the pictures and modifyed them to what I thought would be appropriate. For example, I found a chibi of Fai, but the clothing was way off. So I traced the basic outline, and re-drew him. I did that with all the characters. With Syaoran, I practically had to start from scratch!
 Each of the characters have a little something special about them, except Sakura. I had planned to add jewels to her, but I ran out of time. Maybe in the future I'll fix that.
Amount of time stitching for each character:
Kurogane- about a week
Fai- a month, or two (I have no idea why this one took the longest Huh)
Syaoran- a couple hours
Sakura- two days

heh. That's my Wooper next to the finished project.

character names (for those who don't know) from top left, clockwise: Syaoran, Sakura, Kurogane, Fai

Title of the series. I traced it, then, handpainted the black letters on the back of the glass.

Syaoran. I cry every time I think of this character. I wish I had a close-up of the feather. Feather is made with satin stitch, with red symbol carefully stitched on top of that.

Kurogane. I attempted making the ties look somewhat 3d.

Fai. This character has such a "light" atmosphere. Completely different from Kuro-pu. It's really hard to see, but the edge of his coat is all french knots. After stitching Fai, I can now say that I'm a master of french knots!

The pictures that follow show the process of stitching the character Sakura.

carbon copy image onto fabric.

stitch over with selected colors. I think the main stitch I used was the stem stitch (it's basically the only one I know besides french knot!)

Sakura. For some reason, I don't have a close-up finished version of her. Strange.

Thanks for looking! Next project: Embroider the Mokonas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Quitting something...And doing something...Both have the same meaning. They are accomplishments. The two necessary items are sincerity and action."
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011 02:15:25 PM »

I just let out the biggest fangirl squee!  This is SO CUTE! And I see you've captured Kurogane (my fav character from TRC) perfectly Smiley  I love that you did a little something special for each of the characters!  Looking forward to the Mokonas!

P.S. I also think that TRC is the best CLAMP work to date...in fact, this is one of my favorite series in general!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011 02:37:14 PM »

I also had a fangirl moment seeing this in the recent topics. They are so adorable and your stitching looks lovely, nice job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EyeofMazikeen
Red, Red, Red

One eye to hold you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011 08:18:44 AM »

Oh man, thirded on the total fangirl moment.  I absolutely adore TRC and this perfectly captures the essence of each of the main four.  I'm particularly fond of the facial expression on Fai.  <3  This Rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Vengeance built me hastily"
I have an Etsy store now, thanks to peer pressure: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MazikeenStudios
I'm also trying to make 7 things a week for a year.  http://mazikeenstudios.blogspot.com/  (Warning: this is usually pretty behind!)
Scriblette

Lackadaisical - something about missing flowers?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011 08:49:16 AM »

This is too perfect. I love Fai. So wonderful. Also, your french knots are lovely, cute detail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Who run the world (in upper economic classes in developed nations without religious laws forbidding them to do so)?
-Girls?

Wists
Sen
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011 11:41:22 AM »

Wow this is soo cute! I love CLAMP but I have to admit I haven't read Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle! My favorite CLAMP work is still Angelic Layer. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
11denson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011 03:16:14 PM »

Thanks, everyone! At first it was just Kuro-wanwan and Fai, but I couldn't help myself and stitched up a sakura and syaoran. Now that I look back on it, I wish I had done something a little more serious for this series. The story is just so sad and bitter-sweet... I'll say no more for those of you who haven't read or finished it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Quitting something...And doing something...Both have the same meaning. They are accomplishments. The two necessary items are sincerity and action."
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011 06:52:02 AM »

Nice stitching and thanks for showing us how you did it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011 07:58:52 AM »

This is so cute! Kuro-Woof is my fave *glomps*  TRC was the very first manga I started reading. I have finished reading it (online) but am still in the process of buying all the volumes.

I was very disappointed with the anime, but if you have not seen it, you should watch the Painter Mokona episode. It is hilarious and everyone is chibified in it. And what happens to Kuro-woof...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

11denson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011 02:02:55 PM »

I own season 1 and 2 and the Tsubasa OVA. I, too, was very dissapointed in the anime. The OVA was good, but I wished that they had finished the series. Baw!! Cry

Update: The mokona(s?) are almost done! All thats left is stitching Larg's ears and putting on the jewels! They are so kawaii!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What To Wear To 2013 Coachella Music Festival
5 Ways To Wear A Jean Jacket
Selena Gomez and Debby Ryan: Fashionistas
What To Wear: Black & White Trend
Olivia Wilde Supplies Colorful Spring-Dress Inspiration
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...