A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Made a Hanging Lamp  (Read 457 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmyLynn98
« on: July 24, 2011 06:23:33 PM »

I've been lurking here for ages it seems. Finally decided to reactive my account so I could actually post something here.

I'm still fairly assed out over how the "repairs" to my scooter are going from my June 3 accident. The place doing the repairs has my scooter AGAIN because it started leaking oil after I got it back from the original repairs. They've had it now since last Tuesday night, right before the service department closed for the day. I was supposed to get it back yesterday morning but they realized it's STILL leaking oil and they don't know why. I've been doing a lot of driving lately for work, and while I get reimbursed on gas, it's added to my paycheck and I've been hitting the gas station a lot more without having my scooter. Sometimes, I just can't scoot to work, because of stuff I'm hauling around. I need my ride back!!!!

That being said, I was able to finish one scooter-related project. I knew as soon as the insurance guy told me he approved the repairs, that I wanted my front fender. It has such a great lampshade shape to it, so I decided I would turn the fender into a hanging lamp for my crafting room. And I also wanted to somehow recycle some of my scooter parts, because they just would have been thrown out anyway.

I took photos as I went, but I don't know how to post them as actual photos here yet, so the link will have to suffice: http://amylynn98.blogspot.com/2011/07/making-best-of-busted-scooter.html. Any other lamp fans out there? I love making lamps. I've made an assortment of bottle lamps in the past, so this is my first non-bottle lamp and I'm very happy with how it turned out! Smiley

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011 06:29:30 PM by AmyLynn98 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sun-Kissed Makeup at the Rachel Zoe SS 2014 Fashion Show
Mexican Inspired Makeup at the Rebecca Minkoff SS 2014 Fashion Show
Modern Indigenous Makeup at the Nicholas K SS 2014 Show
Coral Lips at the Desigual SS 2014 Fashion Show
How to Make an Exfoliating Rice Face Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...