A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: COOKIES!! round 2 *Sign Ups July 25/11 - Aug 8/11* *Send Out Aug 29/11*  (Read 2882 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Oyhana
« on: July 24, 2011 04:46:24 PM »

This swap is for anyone who would love to send and receive some cookies in the mail.  Actually, anything that you can bake or make that will arrive fresh is encouraged.  Brownies, fudge, candy, truffles, bark...as long as it is yummy and will stand up to shipping you can send it.

SWAP REQUIREMENTS

We will be swapping 2 dozen home made cookies, the recipe(s) and one small bought or crafted item.  

You can choose to send as many different kinds of cookies as you like.  Bar cookies such as brownies and candies such as fudge or caramels are also welcome.  Just make sure that they are able to withstand shipping.  The cookies must arrive fresh and in tact.

Dont forget the recipes!  Please include the recipe for each type of treat you are sending.  You will be able to specify what size (if any) recipe cards you would like.  

The small item should be cooking/baking or kitchen related. As a guideline, Craftster says a small item takes less than 2 hours to make or costs under $10 to buy.  Some ideas are recipe books, dishcloths/towels, measuring cups, spatulas, wooden spoons, oven mitts etcYou will be able to specify your likes and dislikes in the questionnaire.

SHIPPING

*Please put lots of care into how your cookies are shipped.  We don't want our partners to receive a box of crumbs (unless you say so in your questionnaire  Wink ).  Here is a link with some information on how to mail cookies safely.  If you have any other shipping suggestions please share them in this thread.

*Ideally, the cookies should be shipped Priority Mail so they remain as fresh as possible.  Lets try and keep shipping times under one week.  This can be discussed between partners.  I would also like to try to keep shipping within our own countries.  

*The last few cookie swaps have included mostly U.S. and Canadian swappers. Anyone outside of North America you are more than welcome and are encouraged to join this swap. We will do our best to find appropriate swap partners for you.

*Take Note: If your partner receives a box full of crumbs and it is obvious that the cookies were not properly packaged you will be required to resend.

COMMUNICATION

Please let me and your partner know when:
   1. You have shipped. Include your DC# or equivalent tracking # in the PM.
   2. You have received.
   3. You will be late.  Have respect.

*This will be a really quick swap but while you are waiting for your partners and cookies to arrive you can always share your excitement and anxiousness in this thread.  

FEEDBACK

I will give you positive feedback when your partner has received the:
   1. Properly stored and shipped cookies,
   2. recipes &
   3. one small extra.

*Please do not join this swap if you are unable to ship by the send date of August 29 2011.  If something does arise and you are unable to send by that date you must let both me and your partner know.  

*You will have until 11:00 pm CST on August 29 2011  to communicate your shipping status to both me and your partner.  Failure to do so will result in negative feedback.

*Temporary negative feedback will be given on September 12 2011 (or 2 weeks past your communicated late shipping date) if your package has not arrived.  This is per craftster swap rules.  

SWAP INFO

Swap name: COOKIES!! round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Oyhana
Sign-up date range: July 25/2011 - August 8/2011
Date to send item by: August 29/2011
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? 18+

Swap Organizer meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

*NEW SWAPPERS ARE WELCOME.  You can join this swap if you meet the following conditions...

Participants meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER: please send to Oyhana

Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Name/Address/Country

Which countries are you willing to ship to?

When it comes to cookies & treats what are your likes and dislikes?

Do you have any allergies or diet concerns? (vegan, celiac...)

What kinds of cookies or treats do you like to make?  

What kind of extra would you like to receive?

Do you have a size preference for your recipe cards?

Do you have a camera?  

Anything else you would like your partner to know?

*Members with poor swap histories will not be accepted into this particular swap.

*Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

Grin  YAY!!  COOKIES!!  Grin
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011 06:54:27 AM by Oyhana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Personal swap friendly!  Especially ATCs!
Oyhana
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011 04:48:04 PM »

Swappers:

Oyhana
DesignVigilante
Koreena
karwash
cloudsnapper
danynn

DesignVigilante --> cloudsnapper
cloudsnapper --> karwash
karwash --> DesignVigilante
koreena --> danynn
danynn --> Oyhana
Oyhana --> koreena
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011 06:42:19 AM by Oyhana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Alatarial
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011 03:27:14 PM »

I can't believe no one has jumped into this swap yet! :O Who DOESN'T like cookies and dessert?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/elenc/

Will personal swap! Please, PM me!
Lady Pistola
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011 08:41:36 PM »

I did this last round and received some DELICIOUS things, snickerdoodle cupcakes in a jar, awesome biscotti...so good...and would love to do it again, but I am on a diet, and I'm sticking to it!! And I'm sure no one wants to make 'health' cookies!!! I will have to drool from afar!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
Oyhana
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011 05:51:55 AM »

Congrats on sticking with your diet! 

If anyone has any dietary concerns and would still like to join this swap either send me a PM or mention it in this thread.  I know lots of bakers, myself included, don't have any problems modifying recipes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011 08:19:36 AM »

I'm up to my eye-teeth in things happening next month...will keep this in mind or just plain stalk!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cloudsnapper
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011 12:59:42 PM »

ooh, this looks fun. I'll have to join next week when I've been here the required month. This sounds like the perfect starter swap, delicious and not too huge Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011 01:04:54 PM »

I just sent in my questionnaire!

I did this last round and received some DELICIOUS things, snickerdoodle cupcakes in a jar, awesome biscotti...so good...and would love to do it again, but I am on a diet, and I'm sticking to it!! And I'm sure no one wants to make 'health' cookies!!! I will have to drool from afar!

I make low sugar, low calorie cookies for my diabetic sister all the time! I wouldn't mind making some for you. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Oyhana
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011 03:50:16 PM »

Welcome back DesignVigilante!

ooh, this looks fun. I'll have to join next week when I've been here the required month. This sounds like the perfect starter swap, delicious and not too huge Cheesy

This is a great choice for your first swap.  Hope to see you next week!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Oyhana
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011 07:27:22 PM »

I'm up to my eye-teeth in things happening next month...will keep this in mind or just plain stalk!  Wink

We'd love to have you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Modifying the Straight Look
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Accessorizing the Straight Look
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Completing the Straight Look
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Straight Look
Styling Your Hair for the Prom
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...