A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,616
Currently Running With Scissors:
830 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Swap round 3 :) Sign ups july 21-august 15 send october 7  (Read 53782 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hayleyhandmade

Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence

View Profile WWW
« Reply #500 on: August 25, 2011 02:51:26 PM »

It's been an epic battle with one of the items that I'm making for hayleyhandmade. I nearly lost an eye when a needle broke in my sewing machine the other day. I need goggles methinks!
 Why did I think that ________ ____ material would be good to use? Well, actually it is, I just didn't think it would be so bloody difficult to sew!

Ah please be careful! Don't blind yourself on my account  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iliveonarainbow
« Reply #501 on: August 25, 2011 04:43:03 PM »

It's been an epic battle with one of the items that I'm making for hayleyhandmade. I nearly lost an eye when a needle broke in my sewing machine the other day. I need goggles methinks!
 Why did I think that ________ ____ material would be good to use? Well, actually it is, I just didn't think it would be so bloody difficult to sew!

Oh, a needle has broken in my machine like that twice in one day once! (I think I was sewing something really thick...) It made me scared to sew for a while, lol. And I did wear my glasses after that, hah.

I have a lot of ideas worked out, just waiting to buy supplies. I'm heading to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to get some stuff, and I'm so excited to get actually crafting! Thank goodness for the weekend coming up, because it's been a rough first week at school. Don't you just love professors who make papers due the 2nd and 3rd day of class?? Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #502 on: August 25, 2011 05:21:20 PM »

Thank goodness for the weekend coming up, because it's been a rough first week at school. Don't you just love professors who make papers due the 2nd and 3rd day of class?? Roll Eyes

One of the reasons I enjoy having graduated - no more papers or professors like that! Just bosses and life in the real world.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 25, 2011 06:57:44 PM »

Amen to that!  I don't miss the papers either.  And I was good at it, if I do say so myself!  Tongue 

I've been working on the other swaps but in the meantime have been picking up "extras" for quaggy.  If I don't stop, I'm going to have to rent a u-haul to bring her her swap package!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #504 on: August 25, 2011 07:06:47 PM »

Well, I've made a small. But it's a cool small.  Grin I salvaged a nifty whatsit from my closing store, hoping I'd come up with an idea-and I did! Took very little work, I must confess, but it's a one of a kind thingamabober.
I am sooo glad we have a long crafting time! I need to get though one more week of work related madness, then I can start buckling down and working on my ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
rainbowsewist
open to personal swaps

« Reply #505 on: August 25, 2011 10:25:42 PM »

well i said i wasnt going to do this swap too, then alatarial mentioned puppy dresses, and my baby girl loves dresses. then i thought i had posted here go check in but it seems i havent. so i am now. hi! (waving)

im busy creating away to spoil alatarial since she's gonna spoil my baby! started on some things, finished some, and planning others :-) im making her a purse, some reusable grocery bags, jewelry and an oversized crochet rug from her pinterest. and she is so sweet and such a joy to create for!well i said i wasnt going to do this swap too, then alatarial mentioned puppy dresses, and my baby girl loves dresses. then i thought i had posted here go check in but it seems i havent. so i am now. hi! (waving)

im busy creating away to spoil alatarial since she's gonna spoil my baby! started on some things, finished some, and planning others :-) im making her a purse, some reusable grocery bags, jewelry and an oversized crochet rug from her pinterest. and she is so sweet and such a joy to create for!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011 10:29:42 PM by rainbowsewist - Reason: im a tard and cant spell :-P » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog ~ http://neverremembers.blogspot.com
http://wists.com/rainbowsewist

ive got rubber stamps im not using anymore, wanna trade?? i'd kill for a cornish pixie poppet!
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #506 on: August 25, 2011 10:47:29 PM »

one item is 100% done, another is...99.9%?  it depends on if the glue is dry or not.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
thingsivemade
Trying to sew the fabric of the universe with invisible thread is tricky.

A wielder of karma and scissors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: August 26, 2011 12:55:04 AM »

Ah please be careful! Don't blind yourself on my account  Tongue

I'll try! I think it might be safer to sew the rest of this item by hand Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can have whirlpools in the fabric of existence, because it is a very strange fabric." - Terry Pratchett (Equal Rites)
feeorin
« Reply #508 on: August 26, 2011 03:28:44 AM »

I'm finally home, so one item is half done, I hope it will turn out how I imagined it
I have one more idea, but I need to do more stalking...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011 03:30:06 AM by feeorin - Reason: it posted mid sentence... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #509 on: August 26, 2011 03:48:46 AM »

Wow - so many busy busy crafters!  I am ashamed to admit that I am still in the planning stages.  I meant to do a supply run during my lunch breaks this week - but I NEVER got an actual break - just enough time to wolf some food down 9 hous into my shift.  Then after my set of shifts, I found all I had motivation for was to go out for a few drinks with a galpal from work.  But I have a plan!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Asian Vegetables with Soy Sauce Gravy Recipe
Sirloin Steak and Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe
Ramen Noodle Stir-Fry
How to Make Sticky Rice and Eggs with Jalapenos
How to Make Simple Fried Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...