A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Swap round 3 :) Sign ups july 21-august 15 send october 7  (Read 63340 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011 04:55:49 AM »

=) Lucky! I would kill to have a craft room to my self. The dinning room table can only go so far. :p

Isn't that the truth!  Our dining room table is currently covered with two computers, a lazy susan, my current knitting project, small tea pot and polymer clay stuff!  ARG!  I'm so ready for the man to finish his Master's so we can have a decent sized apartment for two people (we live 4 hours apart, normally its just him here by his lonesome) and CRAFTY SPACE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011 07:50:33 AM »

The craft room came about because DH got sick of my crafting stuff being spread EVERYwhere (and I do mean everywhere - he got stabbed with a beading needle in the hall to the bathroom once, and he never noticed the one I picked out of his shoulder the night he rolled over and I was beading - but he is sick of finding piles of magazines under his pillow).

But we have been in renovations for a couple of years (doing it himself and with a friend or two).  We added a second story and the master bedroom was going to be a spare room, but then he figured I may as well have a craft room because it would get more use, and then if things start piling up elsewhere, he could open the door and fire them back into my craft room.

I knew about the layout of the rest of the house for years - but the moment he told me the room is MINE, I had it decorated and painted in my mind before the rest of the house.  I have furniture ideas and paint listed already on my blog.  My main computer will still be in our office, as friends wired the second small bedroom for it years ago, but they are putting extra outlets in the master room.  I will have bookshelves and a dresser for yarn and supply storage.  MIL is giving me an old family treadle sewing machine, which is still functional, but I am using for decorative purposes.  I will have a queen sofa bed there, and one or two rolling desk chairs for sewing/etc.  Smaller plastic storage under the table for paints, etc.  Painted pegboard for my quilting rulers.  A magnetic white board for idea listing and small item storage, using magnetic spice containers (beads, pins, etc).

A friend's mom has been saving a 6x3' oak table for me for years and it will be my main work table.

Can you tell I am excited?

Miss Barbara - would a rolling desk chair work for your space?  You can get the casters that protect hardwood, or put a small rug down, and there are many that are slim profile.  I just find it works great with the adjustable height for sewing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011 09:15:29 AM »

ANYTHING would work to sit on in my craft area at this point.  Undecided  It's just finding the money to purchase one or "finding" one (as I did the desk).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
littlebluegirl
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011 11:45:12 AM »

But it IS awesome to be able to find everything and anything I need, when I need it, rather than having to go out and buy new b/c I can't find it.

Ha, I know exactly what you mean!  Just spent a frantic ten minutes trying to find the right size crochet hook.  Couldn't.  Did find five, though, FIVE 4mm ones.  Why??  And the 3.25mm I was looking for will surely turn up tomorrow after I've replaced it.  Probably down the back of the sofa but my bf is napping so I'll leave him to it.

I would LOVE a craft room, I've almost short circuited my netbook drooling over the ones I've seen on here.

I'm really looking forward to this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011 11:48:36 AM »

ANYTHING would work to sit on in my craft area at this point.  Undecided  It's just finding the money to purchase one or "finding" one (as I did the desk).

Are you near a college or university?  Sometimes when the students are moving out of residence at the end of the year, you can get good pickings as they move home and dump stuff.  Or try freecycle or craigslist/kijiji. I got my last two free - one was from when offices were updating, and the other when the neighbour moved.  Just make sure the casters are OK and have all their bearings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hayleyhandmade

Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011 12:35:33 PM »

I got my "craft chair" by accident, I was working as a youth worker at a summer club at my old secondary school (high school) and the caretaker had been ordered to throw away all the computer chairs as they were getting new ones. So there were approx 100 perfectly good computer chairs in a skip and scattered around the carpark so the nice caretaker helped me choose one and load into the boot of my car. I rescued it Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hayleyhandmade

Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011 12:37:59 PM »

Oops I turned my comment into a quote! Hw did I manage that  Huh Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011 02:20:34 PM »

This is tempting. I'm kind of on a Teddy Bear kick, but with the long crafting time...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
Homerof2

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2011 07:38:49 PM »

Just sent in my questionnaire - I'm looking forward to this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gingerpeachy

Will swap for heart-shaped buttons

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011 01:05:04 AM »

I told myself no more swaps for a while, but this one is tempting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Auto Mode Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Aperture Priority Function
Canon A610/A620: Set for Sunset Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Sports Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Product Photography
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...