A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make your own ruffle strappy heels!  (Read 2013 times)
Tags for this thread: high_heels  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sisteroo
« on: July 20, 2011 11:01:15 AM »

I've been ogling this pair of divine Badgley Mischka shoes for a while, and wanted a way to incorporate my new obsession: the color taupe. I've also had a secret wish to revitalize a grungy old pair of strappy wedges that I wore to prom over a decade ago. And to do it all for less than $5. Cinderella's fairy godmother would have a hard time granting that wish. But with a scrap of striped shimmery fabric and a bit of bibbity bobbity shoe (haa!), I somehow came out with the ruffle wedges of my dreams. Read on to find out how...

These poor wedges were practically begging for a makeover. Follow the numbered chart below for instructions on how to make your OWN fashionable t-strap shoes in less than an hour for just $1!

1. Rummage up an old pair of strappy shoes.
2. Pick a shimmery fabric that looks nice with your shoes.
3. Cut out a bunch of small circles (around 1" in diameter).
4. Put a drop of hot glue in the center of your circle.
5. Fold circle in half.
6. Put another hot glue dot at bottom center of your half-circle.
7. Fold in half again.
8. For a few of your "ruffles," add a third dot of hot glue and roll them into cones. These make great ruffles for the center of your pom-pom because they're a bit more stiff.
9. (Carefully!) singe the edges of your ruffles. Test a little scrap of fabric first to make sure it doesn't burst into flames. (I kept a big bowl of water nearby because I'm accident prone).
10. Cut out a 1.5" diameter circle from a thick fabric (I used cream-colored canvas). Glue each ruffle tip to the center of this circle base.
11. Layer your ruffles just so.
12. Keep layering. Try not to use too much hot glue (I did, and had to start over).
13. Cut out two long strips of elastic to fit around the length of your strappy shoe, allowing you to secure the elastic on the underside. Affix metal snaps or Velcro to both ends of the elastic so you can secure it tightly to the shoe.
14. Glue the ruffle poms to the middle of the elastic.
15. **Poof!** (magical sparkles descend). Your lovely row of ruffle poms will transform those crappy strappies into something totally wearable!

For full post http://www.sisteroo.com/2011/06/shimmery-ruffle-shoe.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011 12:58:07 PM by MareMare - Reason: to reveal image and comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjhamel
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011 05:57:31 PM »

Cute! I saw a similar tute on the fine twined linen blog a while back, and I've been really wanting to try them, only I don't wear open toed heels very often. I like your version, however, and I might actually have to try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will happily do personal swaps for beads, buttons, and fat quarters!

My Pinterest
PinkyDoll
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011 08:12:08 AM »

Nice work, i just bought a pair of ruffle heels from Papaya (25 dollars) and was planning to make a pair myself. Did you added the elastic in the middle using just hot glue? Will it fall apart after wearing? Or did you sew it on?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011 08:13:17 AM by PinkyDoll » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Standup Comedian Creates and Refines Material
Matt Ruby on Why Standup Comedians Need a Short and Long Game
Sunglasses Designer Kerin Rose Interview
How to Bet at the Horse Races
Learn About the Art of Glass Blowing
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...