A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
795 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Head Start Art Journal Round 2 - Sign ups closed Send out Aug 31  (Read 17005 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2011 02:23:31 PM »

everyone seems to be choosing stitch bound books.  is it ok to take another route? I've only done stitch bound books once and I was thinking of choosing an easier method of "binding"

Well, I hope so, because I have an "easier" method in mind, too.

Me, three. I have a great cover, and today I was able to start some pages....looking forward to Saturday and Sunday afternoon, baseball on tv, and me at the kitchen/sewing/craft table.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Working
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
3-D Bugs coming soon....
-zoma-

finally a picture of me

« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2011 04:00:20 PM »

A good source for those waterbrushes is JetPens.com, that place is another place my wallet takes a beating. Also the only place I can find my favourite Pigma Micron colour/size combo.

waterbrushes and here too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2011 05:18:08 PM »

Zoma, I don't dare open that link. I would really like a set of koi watercolors too! So far I have only worked with Crayola. I can't blend for snap peas! I did acquire a couple of half used water color sets from an art teacher... I don't know what kind of quality they are but hopefully they will help my art improve. Smiley

I've been having lots of fun talking with my partner! Time to go through my paper stash to pull out things she may like
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2011 06:55:46 PM »

Zoma, I don't dare open that link.

That's exactly what I thought! I've seen those brush pens advertised, but have never tried them. They sound like a must-have!

I bought some lovely paper today. On sale for about 1/4 what I'd expected to pay. "Why is it so cheap?" I asked the very helpful clerk. "Oh, I think it's been discontinued," she said. Isn't that always the way? You find something that's both good and cheap and you'll never be able to buy it again!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2011 07:51:13 PM »

Wulf, I wish that was the case with my favorite rub-ons. The art store has these rub on sheets used for manga drawing in the clearance section. They have been there for months. I've picked up a couple in two different patterns but they are $8 a pop!

I've moved my workspace from the backyard to the front porch...for some reason working in the front of the house gets my paper a lot less dirty.  Huh I've recently come up with a great solution for storing my workspace. I used to layer wax paper all over the dining room table but once paint dried on them they became bulky and difficult to fold.

Cut a gallon zip loc bag down on side and across the bottom so it lays flat. Use masking tape to tape it down to your work surface. Stretch the bag so there are no wrinkles (not pictured lol) When you are finished and the paint is dry fold the bag and crease it along the zip loc zipper. It now stores as flat and as thick as cardstock paper Smiley Do they make bags bigger than gallon size? For bigger projects I'll have to go back to laying down wax paper but I am currently out. If I hadn't run out I would have never tried the bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Indecisive Monkey

Dragon Slayer Sam - Killer of Beasts

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2011 07:57:03 PM »

Maybe a flattened garbage bag would work for larger projects? And you could cut it smaller if need be?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
-zoma-

finally a picture of me

« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2011 04:35:38 AM »

Zoma, I don't dare open that link.

That's exactly what I thought! I've seen those brush pens advertised, but have never tried them. They sound like a must-have!

I bought some lovely paper today. On sale for about 1/4 what I'd expected to pay. "Why is it so cheap?" I asked the very helpful clerk. "Oh, I think it's been discontinued," she said. Isn't that always the way? You find something that's both good and cheap and you'll never be able to buy it again!

Wulf

What? sale? paper? where? did you leave any for me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DearBluebird

Lover of zombies, star wars and all things nerdy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2011 08:13:36 AM »

Where I live we do not have shops around that sell that sorts of supplies. At least none that I know of. That is the bad thing about living where I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

non.sequitur
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2011 09:49:45 AM »

Do they make bags bigger than gallon size?

I'm not in this swap, but I saw this and wanted to chime in... I've seen Ziplocs in sizes up to 3 gallons at my local grocery store--they're really quite large. If you need something even bigger, check in the storage bin aisle of a place like Walmart--they sell Ziplocs that are like 3' tall (for comforters and such)! Great idea, I'll have to remember it for my next messy project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I did it, I did it, I opened an etsy shop! http://ragaloorose.etsy.com
StickerChic87
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2011 10:07:09 AM »

Sooooo..... Im having crafters block. Embarrassed

Its not that my partner doesnt have good themes, bc she has GREAT themes. Im just stuck in a rut. Ive worked on some background pages but Im not sure if Im happy with them. Ugh. Sorry, just needed to vent. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Tofu is Made
How Chinese Vinegar is Brewed
What is the Origin of Vinegar
Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
Spicy Tofu Curry Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...