A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,145
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Head Start Art Journal Round 2 - Sign ups closed Send out Aug 31  (Read 17361 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pioneer9
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011 11:47:39 AM »

pioneer9 - didn't you almost join in last time too? c'mon, you know you want to.

Indeed. Last year's coincided with the start of school, so I knew I just wouldn't have the time. This time around, I'm currently working on three swaps, and have another one that I want to sign up for coming up next week... but I'm still highly tempted by this! I'll see how the next few days go, crafting-wise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miknessevie
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011 01:08:08 PM »

getting lots of ideas for this.  I sent in my questionnaire too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you'd like to swap for some good clean fun, pm me!  I make cold processed goats milk soap and shampoo bars.

www.wists.com/miknessevie
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011 05:11:00 PM »

Wow! Great to see so much excitement already! To anyone who's worried about how to bind their book, it really is much less a big deal than you'd think. There are lot of good tutorials online for coptic and other types of binding, and none of them are particularly challenging. Last time, -Zoma- made my journal using a really clever technique: she took an old book and cut the binding apart, cut new pages the same size, then bound them up with some of the old pages. Then the whole thing fit back into the original cover (with less pages so it would be looser).

I think I'm going to go look at last year's Gallery again!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

autumnsue

Newbie, but LOVIN' every minute!!

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011 05:24:58 PM »

The more I read, the more exciting it sounds, but I don't know! I don't feel like I am NEARLY qualified to play with you guys!! I'm still thinking about it, I guess we'll see!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Autumn
Crafting ROCKS!!
StickerChic87
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011 06:35:42 PM »

Round 1 was my very first swap, and I knew nothing about bookbinding when I started! I used this tutorial for my first one http://www.daydreamingonpaper.com/0204pg2.html. And later on down the road, I used this one to learn coptic binding http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHAJyzzb4EE. There are lots of other tutorials and methods online too. I had a lots of fun in round 1 and I encourage anyone interested to go for it!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spookygrrrly

glitter glue addict

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011 09:06:13 PM »

I'm going to think about this for a couple days, but I am very tempted to sign up. Two of my current swaps will be sent by Monday so I'll be able to decide with a clearer head. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011 10:34:40 PM »

The more I read, the more exciting it sounds, but I don't know! I don't feel like I am NEARLY qualified to play with you guys!! I'm still thinking about it, I guess we'll see!!
This is EXACTLY how I feel.  Cheesy I saw this on the swap boards and it really caught my eye. I've been writing in journals my whole life (I had 26 individual ones at one point in High School -.-) And I just LOVE them. I'm also a scrap booker. I figure...I CAN DO THIS! But seeing past galleries...I mean, WOW. Can I really? Hmm......
         EDIT: Sent my questionnaire in. I'm going to try!!!  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011 12:13:25 AM by IsikkahJai - Reason: add info » THIS ROCKS   Logged
-zoma-

finally a picture of me

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011 04:40:55 AM »

To all those on the fence - jump in!

There's really nothing to be afraid of - there are so many resources for learning how to bind books - and for that matter, so many different techniques to choose from. You don't need a whole lot to get started - paper, needle, heavy thread...

organizational note: I've started entering into the feedback database - if you've sent me a questionnaire and don't see the swap show up in your profile just send me a note please.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011 07:11:09 AM »

Oh my gosh I shouldn't have looked here. I LOVE making journals but I don't have a job and my stash will be getting low after I make two journals. So tempting!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Indecisive Monkey

Dragon Slayer Sam - Killer of Beasts

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011 08:43:38 AM »

Oh my gosh I shouldn't have looked here. I LOVE making journals but I don't have a job and my stash will be getting low after I make two journals. So tempting!!

I also have a stash problem. Mostly, I only just started art journaling and don't have any stash at all. I figure I'll just print a lot of images off the web and maybe grab some magazines and stuff from chapters that relate to my partners theme Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Multi Colored Eye in Photoshop
How to Isolate Colors in Photoshop
How to Change the Color Of a Car in Photoshop
Adobe Flash Tutorial - How to Make Basic Moving Text
How to Touch Up a Photo in 5 Seconds in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...