I'm not considering this a reconstruction since I left the item itself fairly intact just customized it.
Clock base was something the hubs and I have had for awhile (I suspect we bought it nearly 6 years ago when we got married).
Target still sells them apparently: this is the before
I took off the little black hash marks that made it impossible to read, replaced them with number stickers, and added the grey cardstock vine background. I cut out the cardstock part with an xacto knife after printing the image on the back.
It is adhered to the base with small pieces of double stick tape.
It was a fairly simple project that took maybe an hour total if that. And most of that was cutting out the cardstock background and prying the back off the double stick tape! lol
Our baby's room is fantasy themed and I think this will fit in nicely.
I'd love to know what you think about it!