A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
419 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tulle roses  (Read 1368 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kara B
« on: July 18, 2011 02:04:39 PM »

I'm making a wedding dress and would like to decorate it with large, tulle roses, something like the ones in this picture, only larger: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--wX1QSSM3jc/TW7jjj79lkI/AAAAAAAAP04/UQPZ5lF2Dvs/s1600/SatinTulleHB.jpg

Any ideas on how to make them, or links to a tutorial?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kamm0807
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011 08:57:46 AM »

Was just looking on the net for you and I can't seem to fine exactly what your picture looks like.   They are beautiful and I sure hope you find a site or someone can help you.   Does it seem that it takes a while to get a reply from this website?    I posted a question and have yet to get a response at all.   Patience is what it takes I guess.   Good luck.   Have a great day!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011 11:05:32 AM »

I know I've seen a tutorial for similar flowers, though of course I can't find it now. They're not quite "ribbon roses" because I've noticed those have folds in the petals, and those are the ones I keep finding tutorials for...
This one works though it's not very detailed: http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/08/make-fabric-flower-and-flower-tutorial.html
It's really a strip of fabric (folded in half so there's no raw edge) gathered on one long end, then rolled into a flower and sewn at the end with the gathering to keep it together. What you would want to do is sew a strip of tulle onto the fabric strip you will roll into the flower, slightly wider than the strip of fabric so it sticks out over one edge to get it to look like your picture.

kamm0807: I noticed you're new so, welcome! I think since people here are in different time zones, the boards cover such a huge variety of crafts, and of course everyone is busy with non-crafty things as well, it can take a little bit of time for someone who knows about your question to come along but they do usually get answered. It's a good idea to ask as far in advance as you can if it's something with a deadline, and make your question as detailed as you can. I feel like everyone here is friendly and helpful, so I hope you enjoy visiting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjhamel
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011 09:29:48 PM »

Those are actually really easy to make. I will try to explain it here now and maybe get a tute with pictures up tomorrow.

-Begin with matching colors of fabric and tulle. It looks like they used some type of satin or organza. Either will work.
-Cut the fabric into strips that are about 4-5 inches wide by 24-36 inches long (the longer they are, the bigger the flower will be). Cut the tulle into strips of the same length, but only about 2-2.5 inches wide.
-Fold the piece of fabric in half lengthwise and inside out. Sew the long side together. Reverse it so that it is right side out, tuck in the rough ends, and sew the tube shut.
-Using a needle and thread, loosely stitch a line about 1/4-1/2 an inch above the bottom seam. Pull to create a ruffled effect. Repeat the ruffle with the tulle.
-Most fabrics will automatically go into that type of shape when you pull the thread to ruffle them. All you have to do is layer them together and then sew them with a needle and thread.

I hope that this helps. I will try to get pics up tomorrow. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will happily do personal swaps for beads, buttons, and fat quarters!

My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 34/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 6/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 7/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 8/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 35/35
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...