A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,214
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet Wedding Cake Gift  (Read 6218 times)
Tags for this thread: gift_box  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lynnora
« on: July 18, 2011 09:56:30 AM »

In 6 days, my best friend is getting married! I picked his costume with him and I'm doing a speech as I was the matchmaker three years ago, but most and all, I worked for months on their wedding gift. Since I'm giving them a coupon for a Nespresso machine and a bunch of pregnancy tests, I figured I should wrap it nicely at least, since it's not much of a fancy looking gift to give away.
And thus The Crochet Wedding Cake Gift Box was born! I found a bunch of patterns but I thought I should well manage to figure it out on my own. The box is a simple round cardboard box.

Happy couple Smiley He is bald underneath, I wanted to give him hair since he's not much of a hat-wearer but male hair just doesn't work for me. A top hat was the answer. Put a cardboard round in the top of the hat to give it some shape.

Her veil is made from lace. Some beads here and there in the bouquet and the flower embellishments.

Inside the box! I used some scrapbook material I had lying about, and I stole some of his facebook pics because I didn't want to raise suspicion by asking him for pictures.

The lid of the box is decorated too!

I put in a lot of quotes on love that match them, also added a couple of myself.

I think they'll be really happy with it. Going to wrap it in see-through-wrapping stuff and carry it all the way through the country to their wedding on Sunday! Thank you for watching!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011 10:10:15 AM »

That is THE MOST thoughtful, lovely, well done Wedding Gift box I have EVER seen!
I'd cry if someone did that for me.
<3 it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
lynnora
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011 11:36:08 AM »

Thank you so much Smiley He's well worth the time invested, though I hope they realize the time and love put in such a project Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maria Merlino
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

An Invitation to You to Explore My Work

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011 11:42:57 AM »

What a wonderful gift! You are truly a great friend ( and very talented!)

Maria
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011 11:55:48 AM »

Wow, that is fantastic!  Where did you find the pattern for the bride and groom?  My son is getting married next April and it would be fun to make them a set.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lynnora
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011 12:56:36 PM »

I used this pattern as a basis to make the couple and adjusted as I went. Just switched to white for the bride. The hair is a yellow yarn 'wig' (made the exact same way as the head, but then fastened off before the decreasing would start), with yarn strands woven through the sides of the wig, braided and then the braid twisted into a bun. Ribbon around the bun, some tiny flowers on it (the tiny flowers are simply ch2, hdc/sl st times 4 or 5 (depending on your yarn thickness) in the first ch).

For the groom I followed the same pattern but I added another round of increases for the belly. (Not that he's fat. Just like, more manly) The overcoat is really simple: I singlecrocheted a rectangle that would fit right around his belly (no arms attached yet). Then I attached that to his back and shoulders, then added the arms: looks just like a jacket.
The top hat is basically 2 rounds, one large (for the brim) and one small (for the top), and a rectangle of single crochets in between, with filling in it. Not too much filling, so I could easily force the top hat onto the head without it looking wobbly.

Thank you so kindly for the comments! I'm quite proud of it myself too, I wish I could keep it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cloudsnapper
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011 01:30:05 PM »

Amazing! That makes me want to make one, even though I don't know anyone getting married. I would have had a cutegasm if someone made me one for my wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dfabbric

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011 04:36:15 PM »

I love it, the bride and groom are so cute, but I hope the scribbled out faces was just a computer effect and not what it really looks like. That seems a bit morbid.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
warheart

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011 05:58:43 PM »

I love this so much! I might have to make one for my future wedding as a centerpiece hehe Smiley Great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn is my craft drug of choice
goolit
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011 05:55:10 AM »

This is great... I finished the wedding rabbits by  Lion Brand just two weeks ago for my niece and her new husband, but these are EWESOME!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Salmon and Yellowtail Sashimi
How to Make a Vegetable Sushi Roll
How to Make Vegetable Korma
How to Make Vegetable Fried Rice
How to Make Thai Drunken Noodles
Latest Blog Articles
Keep Calm and Treat Mum
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...