A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
673 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Raw category in Cooking section  (Read 1015 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreadlocklove
« on: July 18, 2011 08:33:38 AM »

Has anyone suggest we have a Raw Food Cuisine board in Cooking?  I think there could be lots of valuable information put into that category, like sprouting and soaking, detoxification, juicing, food dehydration, raw food personal journeys, etc...  Plus recipes of course.

There are many vegan dishes that can be incorporated in there but since I'm aiming for raw food specifically, it'd be nice to have its own dedicated board.

And... is it possible that I become a moderator for that section? =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011 08:40:47 AM »

YUM!  This suggestion just makes me hungry!  Thanks for offering it.  We'll keep an eye on this thread, to see if there is a great desire for such a board.

Meanwhile, don't forget you can use tags, too!  There are only two foodie topics with "raw" right now, but I know we should have more than that! Smiley

And if you'd like to be on file to be a volunteer Moderator applicant, please send a PM with the follow info (If you haven't already -- I didn't take a moment to check the files prior to typing this reply, hehe Smiley )

Can I volunteer to be a Moderator?

YES!  To become a moderator, PM (sweets4ever) with the Subject Line "Volunteering to Moderate".

Perhaps let her know any area(s) you have in mind (maybe a board that you frequent often or that you think could use some "Help!") that you would be comfortable moderating.  It would also be helpful to us if you included a little bit about yourself such as, do you like long walks on the beach to collect craft supplies?  - just kidding...   But yes, please feel free to include a little bit about yourself so we can get to know you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
dreadlocklove
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011 11:16:20 AM »

Thanks for the info.  I've never used tags before but may have to start.

I also sent you a message with some background info to become a moderator if the Raw Food board is created.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Mantis
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011 11:22:40 AM »

I'm definitely interested in this! I'd post in it for sure! :B --Clare
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Art & Oddities - SLINKYRA.COM
Art Prints - SOCIETY6.COM/SLINKYRA
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011 11:24:39 PM »

Mmmmm!!! I would definitely be interested in this board. I am always looking for ways to incorporate more raw foods into my diet. Hope it comes to fruition Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oyhana
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011 05:59:21 AM »

I would have an interest in a board like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Personal swap friendly!  Especially ATCs!
A2JC4life
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011 06:30:30 AM »

The title of this thread made me giggle - raw cooking?  Sounds like an oxymoron. Wink

Seriously, though, we don't eat raw as a regular thing, but I could certainly incorporate more raw into our diet, and I would make use of the board if it existed.  (Can't swear I'd post much, but I'd read.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011 07:59:32 AM »

Take note that in the Cooking section, the topic I created to suggest the creation of such a board was called "Raw Food Cuisine Board!"  The section is called "Cooking."  Oxymoron yes, but that's where the raw board would go.  Unless there could be a entirely new category created of course.  Hmm...   Smiley

I'm glad to see there being interest.  I'm just finishing up a mostly raw food menu plan (90%) for the week, many recipes coming from Gabriel Cousen's "Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine."  Hopefully there will be plenty of photos to post...  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pull Off Elizabeth Taylor’s Coral Lip Look
Hair Removal Methods: Wax Strips Vs. Epilator
Skincare Picks for Ethnic Skin
Quick and Easy Ways to Look Rested
Get Thin Eyebrows Looking Thicker
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...