A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: harry potter opening night pre-show! (VERY image heavy!)  (Read 4569 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , harry_potter_party , party_planning  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

erica_tattoos
« on: July 17, 2011 09:47:58 PM »

soooo..... i see i'm not the only one who had a harry potter fiesta! we, too, got together for a shindig on opening night. revelers gathered @ mi casa around 8pm - we had snacks, watched DH1, goofed off, and then all crashed the theater together for the midnite show thursday night!  

first, the big surprise! two friends and i got together a couple nights before and made up blank wands (20 of them!!!) ~ the main activity of the night was everybody hanging out at "ollivander's" painting, decorating, bedazzling their wands to take to the movie! they were a big hit! everybody enjoyed and we got A LOT of compliments at the theater!

and then if you move into the kitchen we have "honeydukes" ~ contributions by lots of folks that came to the party, but i've got recipes for pretty much everything if anybody's interested! we were all stuffed to the gills by the time we headed to the movie!

and here are some of us before we headed out! there ended up being about 18 of us alltogether, i think, but it was hard wrangling all of us together into the same place at the same time!

and, finally, me sporting my totally awsome new shirt i ordered AGES ago for the occasion, which FINALLY arrived the day of the party! yay!

hope y'all enjoy!  Grin

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011 10:19:04 PM by erica_tattoos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011 12:57:33 AM »

Brilliant! I love the wands, the tasty treats and the "costumes"! Looks like a lot of fun! Recipes would be much appreciated for any of those yummy Honeydukes treats. Love your shirt by the way! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011 01:23:40 AM »

Those are some danged fine looking wands - looks like you all had a tonne of fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
LovieDovieAnn
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011 05:48:51 AM »

The work put into the food has me in awe! And those wands are awesome! This totally rocks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LupitaS
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011 06:36:11 AM »

Oh my gosh!!!!! That sounds like so much fun! With the wands and the food.....Wish I was there Tongue That is AWESOME Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lupita Cheesy
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011 08:03:34 AM »

that looks like a hell of a party! I wanted to ask - what are the wands made of? wood? and did you do all the lathe work yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
nachturnal
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011 08:11:15 AM »

Aw, man, I'm dying of jealousy!

I have to ask though... what were the Bubotuber pus and Troll Bogies made out of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erica_tattoos
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011 08:15:21 AM »

that looks like a hell of a party! I wanted to ask - what are the wands made of? wood? and did you do all the lathe work yourself?

ha ha boy you really DO think i'm generous with my time, huh? =)
started with dowels; cut in half and wrapped with wire...

then press on a layer of sculpey and roll it out smooth... (the wire helps the sculpey stick to the dowel)

then sculpt / embellish with more sculpey, and bake!

the ones that look like they're turned on a lathe (the spirally ones) after we coated them with sculpey we rolled them along a straight corner (edge of table, side of cookie sheet, etc) at an angle to create a spiral groove the length of the wand (and in some cases as an embellishment like between the wand and the handle)

planning on posting a tute eventually but i wanna finish painting my wand first...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011 08:27:14 AM »

Aw, man, I'm dying of jealousy!

I have to ask though... what were the Bubotuber pus and Troll Bogies made out of?

the bubotuber pus is just your classic rotel/velveeta cheese dip =)

the troll bogies are my own invention! Wink  first, spread out some waxed paper.   take a big brick of white chocolate like they make for dipping strawberries or whatever in... melt according to package instructions... take a spoon and drag it thru a bit of green gel food coloring and stir the chocolate up with it to make the bogie color, then quickly pour in a full package of the lil caramel nips (like you buy for melting to make caramel apples) and a decent sized package (i dunno, maybe two cups?) of salted roasted pumpkin seeds (or whatever your favorite salty nut is), stir them up real quickly (don't wanna fool around too long or your caramel nips will melt and your chocolate will start to harden) and pour it all out  and spread it onto your waxed paper maybe a 1/2 inch or less thick... wait for it to cool / harden and then break/crumble it up!  it took all of about 5 or 10 minutes to make and everybody looooved it!

made it cause i was trying to come up with some new treats since so many folks were cooking off recipes from the internet and i wanted to be sure i wasn't making a repeat!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobbysgirl
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011 09:28:17 AM »

I want to be one of your friends. I have to say of all the things I saw, the snitches blew me away. Such a simple idea, yet brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erica_tattoos
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011 09:38:00 AM »

I want to be one of your friends. I have to say of all the things I saw, the snitches blew me away. Such a simple idea, yet brilliant!

ha ha! thanks! that was me, too.... i saw this http://www.mugglenet.com/misc/rosmertas/cakepopsnitches.shtml and was in love ~ but no way did i have time for a project like that.... then i got to thinking what can i do to make some snitches cause the idea was just too cute - so i got the idea to use ferrero rocher YUMMMM and bought a bunch of them and a friend of mine printed the wings off and cut them out and assembled them....

yay teamwork!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

enchantedwhimsies
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011 09:57:08 AM »

yes, I agree! Those are my favorite chocolates too, brilliant! THe wands are awesome too!

Can you guess who I would have dressed as if I tagged along?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javarose
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011 10:30:32 AM »

I LOLd when I saw the golden snitch ferrero rochers.  Brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't care, I'm still free; you can't take the sky from me.

http://abarreloflemons.blogspot.com/

http://lookwhatshefound.blogspot.com/
varifiresis
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011 08:37:25 AM »

YOU ARE AWESOME! Shocked Shocked Great job on everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cherrylime

I have sewn for the cows and they were pleased.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011 01:15:33 PM »

All of it's amazing but those wands are just beyond. Thanks for the how-to. They look incredible and like they took forever to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Home Depot is my happy place.
My Pinterest
Currently obsessed with cables and quilts
RobynChase

Harry Potter <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011 07:52:10 PM »

I Love those wands! I would Love to see pictures of the finished wands! I wish me and my friends had thaught to have a premeir party ;-;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011 11:44:31 AM »

I've started a Harry Potter Recipes thread here on Craftster.  We'd all love it if you shared any of your recipes there.  You can either send me a link to your own recipe posts, or post within the thread itself.  Then I put a link in the top of the thread to ALL the recipes, so they're all in one place for everyone.  Cheesy  (I'm personally greatly amused by the earumpet horns!)

Great looking party!!!   Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Shonarara
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011 10:04:07 AM »

Everything looks amazing!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eversojuliet
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011 07:02:59 AM »

This is amazing! I'm just back from a trip to the wizarding world of Harry Potter & really want to hold a HP party.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Leave-In Conditioner
How To Achieve Bouncy Waves with Cesar Ramirez
Get a Diane Kruger Braided Updo Hair Style
How to Style a Cheryl Cole Updo
Tips For Younger Looking Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...