Swap name: Altered Puzzle Pieces - Round 4
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: JillHogan
Sign-up date range: 07/17/11—07/31/11 or until full
Date to send item by: 09/19/11 for altered pieces; asap after partner assignment for blank pieces
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24 swappers plus organizer
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement? Craftster rules
Not open to first time swappers.
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YESTHE DETAILS
Thanks to Smmarrt…I’m stealing all her stuff ☺
Finish that puzzle you started last round or start a new puzzle. You purchase or re-purpose a jigsaw puzzle - it can be wood or cardboard - and send 2 pieces to each of your four partners. You can send two random pieces or two neighboring pieces. You choose the theme or themes, or select "Artist's Choice" and your two pieces are returned to you painted, decorated, embellished and fabulous! Think ATCs or inchies - just in a different configuration. Puzzle pieces can be challenging to alter, but the sky is the limit.
This is open to international partners. So if you are partnered with an international person, I may change or extend the send-out date to accommodate for each country's postal services. Also, for the USA, let's use Delivery Confirmation, (cost 80-cents). I know this isn't required in paper swaps, and you can send your blank pieces in an envelope with one or two stamps, but for the super-paranoid, let's use DCs for BOTH BLANKS AND ALTERED MAILINGS.
While waiting for partners, you should:
1. Buy or choose a puzzle.
2. Assemble and number the backside of EACH piece.
3. Decide if you want the pieces facing the same way or all over the place. Add arrows to backs of pieces to indicate which direction. (On the questionnaire, I will ask if your pieces are one direction or any direction).
4. Choose your theme or themes.
5. Prepare your pieces. Some people just mail them as they are; others sand them a bit and add some gesso to make a clean slate. It’s up to you.
6. You can write a letter to include with your pieces and make your wishes known - glitter or no glitter, 3-D or no 3-D, words or no words, whatever guidelines you have for your finished pieces. You can also say "Artist's choice with an ocean theme" or "Artist's Choice" - this means each partner will decorate/alter the pieces in his/her own way and you will have a puzzle with a random look.
7. Remember, you will send out your pieces to each partner for altering. You may want to copy or trace pieces before sending out if anything goes missing.PROGRESS FOR THIS ROUND
This round each swapper will be notating her own progress on sending/receiving in their own post at the start of the gallery. In order to keep this organized, after you send the questionnaire and are added to the swap, you will receive directions for beginning and upkeeping your own progress post in the gallery.INSPIRATION THAT MAKES YOU KNOW YOU JUST HAVE TO JOIN:
Here are some Craftster altered puzzle masters and mistresses:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363501.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361510.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360625.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=359769.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355620.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355110.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351118.0http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349476.0
Here’s the gallery from the super fun Round 3:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=371052.0THE QUESIONNAIRE
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Will you post in the discussion thread at least once a week?
Can you take photos when you receive?
Will you take photos before sending?
List a theme or themes for your puzzle pieces:
Do you want partners to decorate/alter in one direction? (if so, make sure you arrow your pieces on the back)
Do you want/like 3-D embellishments? (This is relevant if you plan to frame your completed puzzle.)
Any allergens in your house? (pets, smoke)
Anything YOU DO NOT WANT TO receive (nudity, profanity, something else)?
Any other guidelines you'd like your partners to follow?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
**Link to Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=386111.0
PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT IN THE GALLERY OR RESERVE YOUR POST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM WITH INSTRUCTIONS. THANKS.