A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
385 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brown Sugar, Oatmeal Muffins into Cakey Bars Thingy with Recipe  (Read 676 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

EerieNoodles
I may not be perfect, but I'm so close it's almost eerie.

Trust Life!

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2011 10:13:26 AM »

I have a muffin recipe that I've been making since my kids were little. I liked the recipe cuz it was fairly healthy, fast enough to put together, bake and have on the table while the kids dressed on a school morning and everyone like them.
Over the years the recipe has evolved from muffins into a cake/bar thing. This happened for a couple of reasons -
After a move I found myself without muffin tins and wanting a muffin fix.
I'm lazy and this makes the whole process even easier, no fussing with individual muffins.

Today I used chopped Dried Apricots leftover from Christmas baking. They've been in the frig all this time and they're still good... really... they are.

The RECIPE

1 cup Quick Oats
1 cup All Purpose Flour
teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Baking Powder

cup Brown Sugar

cup Oil or Melted Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Whole Eggs
cup Milk

1 cup Golden Raisins or Chopped Apricots or Dried Cherries or whatever you have leftover from Christmas Baking

Heat your oven to 400 and prepare your muffin pans. This batch makes 12 muffins.
*Or use a 10.5 x 6.5 inch shallow baking pan. It might sound like a weird size, but it comes in handy alot. I like to use mine to make deep dish Chef Boyardee Pizza, the mix in the box.*
Combine all of the dry ingredients except the brown sugar. Mix well.
Whisk, or just stir well with a fork, together all of the wet ingredients, including the brown sugar. Mix until completely blended.
Pour the wet ingredient mix over the dry ingredient mix and stir just till its all combined, no longer.
Fold in the golden raisins or whatever you're using.
Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes.
I use the toothpick test to be sure theyre done.

Cool slightly and enjoy.
These also freeze well and its the only way to keep any around for breakfast the next morning.
Just cut the cake into bars and wrap them individually in plastic and toss them in the freezer. I've also used zip baggies when I'm feeling extra lazy and I have some on hand.

***When I use the pan I like to unwrap the end of a stick of butter and hold it sorta like a pencil and rub it all over the bottom of the pan. Then when it's done baking and still hot do the same to the top of the cake/bars thingy. This is a 2fer cuz you get great buttery taste and it releases from the pan easier.

Here's a picture of the Chef Boyardee boxed pizza mix made up deep dish style in the same pan... just cuz it looks yummy...

I think that's all.

Enjoy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011 02:39:11 PM »

Oh, now my mouth is watering. Do you think the apricots would count as one of my 5 a day?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Scooby Doo
How to Draw a Wolf Howling
How to Draw a Wolf Head
How to Draw a Panda
How to Draw a Cute Pig
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...