A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Current ATC Holder  (Read 661 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 14, 2011 09:13:09 PM »

I just wanted to share with everyone what I've been using to store my ATCs.  Right before I started doing ATCs I went to a thrift store and found this little case that almost look like a fat, squat briefcase that was used for storing cassette tapes.  The inside has ridges on the bottom to help hold the cassettes in.  I wasn't sure when I got it what I was going to do with.  Shortly after I started doing ATCs and found that they would fit perfectly standing on their sides in the box.  The little ridges even help keep them up.  At first it was kinda pathetic with only a couple in it, but its starting to fill in a little bit.

I'll eventually make dividers for it, but for now it works!  I bet this little container will be able to hold a lot of ATC's!  Can't wait for that!  They can be easily transported in their new little home so I can take 'em with me and show off everyone's amazing talents to my friends and family!  Its not the prettiest of storing methods, but its working for me!  Who would know that such a boring outside could have so much fun inside?  Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
MargiePoo
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011 09:23:48 PM »

What an o-so neat idea.  Your collection seems to be growing nicely.  good thing it is such a roomy box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paper_n_Fabric
What I Love!!

I dont walk with scissors, I RUN!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011 11:30:58 AM »

if your not fond of the outside you could always decoupage (hope i spell that right =D) it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fabric, paper, fabric, paper, oh! I just cant choose!! Unless I mix them together and create something with fabric AND paper in a glorious harmony!
MichellesCraftBasket
~Michelle

I wanna make that, too!!

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011 04:51:28 PM »

I am addicted to decoupage right now and I was thinking the same thing!  That case would be really fun to decoupage!  AND, I love the idea of dividers in there.  Maybe I will have to try to find one for myself!  Once I get some ATCs, of course!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!  Wanna swap ATCs??  Cheesy

I need a cover for my laptop - Can you make one?  Wanna do a Personal Swap for it?

Work Your Theme ATC Swap - Waiting for feedback!
Check out my new stuff @ http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.221243924562212.65906.147277021958903&l=7158a825ea&
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011 07:10:09 AM »

I don't really have a lot of experience w/ decoupage.  Would it work on a padded surface like this?  It would be kinda cool.  Maybe a bunch of different words from magazines that describe themes.  I was thinking of adding some fancy trim or something to add to it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
MichellesCraftBasket
~Michelle

I wanna make that, too!!

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011 06:05:01 PM »

I don't see why it wouldn't work.  I've decoupaged a bunch of different surfaces and I love it!  I'm actually about to do a surface (puffy pleather-stuff) very similar to that....  I can let you know how it turns out when I'm done!  I've decoupaged paper, fabric, stickers, leaves (today!)...  Pretty much everything!  I think words describing themes would be super cute!  Just make sure that you smooth it out really nicely.  Magazine paper is pretty thin, which makes it easier to bunch up when it gets wet.  Like I said, I'm going to do a similar surface tonight and I can let you know.  Either way, I want to see pictures of yours when it's done!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!  Wanna swap ATCs??  Cheesy

I need a cover for my laptop - Can you make one?  Wanna do a Personal Swap for it?

Work Your Theme ATC Swap - Waiting for feedback!
Check out my new stuff @ http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.221243924562212.65906.147277021958903&l=7158a825ea&
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Creative With Your Eyeliner
How to Cover Up Imperfections
How to Master the Classic Cat-Eye Look
Beauty Prep School: How To Do A Half-And-Half Mani
How To Apply and Remove Glitter Polish
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...