A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 304,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pegboard of awesomeness  (Read 4515 times)
Tags for this thread: pegboard , organize  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Suzie Penguin
There's something about yourself that you don't know.

We share an addiction. We're approval junkies.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 14, 2011 08:56:54 PM »

My roommate moved out last month, so I moved into the big bedroom. Took it as a chance to take stock of what I actually wanted in my bedroom. I like having my crafts around me, so I came up with this organizational system:

My desk is a standing desk made of 2 black filing cabinets, 2 3-drawer scrapbook paper holders from Target, and a large piece of wood painted white. Underneath the desk are 2 2-shelf cubes also from Target that hold all my yarn in and on top (the ones facing out are stuffed into those photo boxes). Between those is my sewing machine, which I should really not have on the floor, but eh. The bookshelves hold all my craft books, jewelry supplies, embroidery floss, fabric, blank books for design ideas, and more photo boxes - some of which are actually holding photos! The pegboard (my new favorite thing!) I thought was going to have to be painted. Which would have been a total pain, because it's been consistently 95-98 here. But Home Depot had some in white! So I got 2 2x4 sheets and just hung them up last night. My favorite thing on the pegboard is my Whitman's Mucha tin that is holding my mini glue gun. It's amazing how getting everything organized actually makes me want to craft more. Now maybe I'll use that iron you see up there. (hahaha.)

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People like you and I, though mortal of course like everyone else, do not grow old no matter how long we live...[We] never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born."
Albert Einstein
gamesofyou

Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011 09:14:54 PM »

Looking at your craft space makes me happy. Smiley I love organized craft supplies! And symmetry Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Suzie Penguin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011 09:25:19 PM »

Thanks! It makes me happy to look at it too. And, yes, symmetry is something I strive for in decorating. I've found color is very helpful in that regard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People like you and I, though mortal of course like everyone else, do not grow old no matter how long we live...[We] never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born."
Albert Einstein
lorelei
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011 07:54:26 AM »

that is the most wonderful thing I have ever seen!  I cannot wait to do something that awesome once I have space.  the boyfriend would be so happy to not look at a box tower of craft stuff I swear I'll be using soon hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fancy Dodo
Like my storenvy on facebook!
Read my blog!
Pinterested?
Suzie Penguin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011 09:24:20 AM »

Thank you! The pegboard was key in getting organized here. I can't stand it when I can't see everything. I'm an "out of sight, out of mind" sort, so having everything visible (or well labeled) helps bunches. And it sounds like you're the same way - here's hoping you get the space soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Albert Einstein
lorelei
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011 09:57:43 AM »

Yeah, we recently put up a pegboard wall along the long side of our bedroom.  However it solely supports my boyfriend's nerf gun collection!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fancy Dodo
Like my storenvy on facebook!
Read my blog!
Pinterested?
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011 08:15:16 PM »

Lovely - I have been looking at pegboards and accessories too for when I get to have our current master bedroom as my craft room when we move into our addition.  The space on the sides of the window is perfect for hanging my rulers and scissors, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Suzie Penguin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011 04:59:20 PM »

Do it! It's been up for a month now and I still can't get over how much of a handy organizational tool it is. I'm never not having one now. Thanks for looking everyone! And I squee'd out loud in joy when I saw I made the 'Spiffy Spaces' page. Brightened up a mostly sour day for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Albert Einstein
badwildrose
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011 10:19:28 AM »

Yeah, we recently put up a pegboard wall along the long side of our bedroom.  However it solely supports my boyfriend's nerf gun collection!

pictures please???  (giggling)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Indecisive Monkey

Dragon Slayer Sam - Killer of Beasts

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011 02:46:44 PM »

This just set the organised OCD side of my brain in to a series of cartwheels and somersaults!!!! I LOVE THIS! It's absolutely fab, and such a great way to keep your craft things organised and contained within a small space. That's probably my biggest problem: they migrate and take over everything.

Awesome work Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jewel Crafts by Jenn
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012 07:24:38 AM »

This organized craft area is so inspirational!  The pegboard is probably my favorite with the large work space coming in as a close second.  As of right now, I have a lot of beading tools in bins, but hopefully will be able to get that a little more organized now that I have a small stand to use as a beading desk.  It was slightly irritating having to move my computer all of the time when I wanted to make pretties!  Hooray for your space! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Suzie Penguin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012 09:32:25 AM »

Hey Jenn...I still have that pegboard I had up in the other bedroom that was between the closets. You want it? It would go well over your new beading desk, and you could hang all your tools up. And you could put shelving up on it like I did up top to hold your bead boxes. Think about it. 'Cause it's doing nothing right now but sitting in my closet taking up space.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Albert Einstein
Jewel Crafts by Jenn
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012 07:33:01 PM »

Yes. Want. Now. Please.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Suzie Penguin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012 07:24:26 AM »

Jenn - I'm thinking of an update pic, since I've gotten the new sewing area done. (And this post has been viewed over 2,000 times! Hi everybody! Hope I've been able to inspire some of you to get organized!)

This is a push to get you to upload pics of your new sewing area, and to show what you did with my old pegboard. ::push, push::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Albert Einstein
selenavaz
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012 09:02:29 AM »

Wow! Your craft space looks really good. It is neat and attractive and you will actually fell like doing creative things in a well organized place like this. It gives room for your thoughts to work better towards creating something lovely. Really glad to look at this very well organized space. Keep it up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Beauty Elixirs for Better Skin
Back to High School Makeup Tutorial
Clinique Lash Building Primer Product Review
Eyelash Serum Product Review: Li Lash Eyelash Serum
Delineador - Laura Sánchez
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...