A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sarah's Journal - picture and story heavy!  (Read 972 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

just1morestitch
« on: January 14, 2012 09:20:21 PM »

This is the journal I made for my daughter for Christmas. I wanted it to represent all the things that make her - her. All her favorites and what not.

This was my second journal I've ever made and I would appreciate any thoughts on where I went wrong (you'll see what I'm talking about in a minute). Smiley

It is made from illustrator's board for the cover and that was the only thing I bought. Everything else is either magazine pictures; printed on salvaged paper; paper purchased from the thrift store; paper my Mom gave me; or ink stamped.

Here is the front cover. I covered the board with a brown bag but on Sarah's glued the printed side out instead of inside out. After a few minutes of cursing my stupidity I glued a plain white piece of legal sized paper around the book.

The back cover. I glued generic reviews from worn out paperbacks destined for the recycler and a cute quote from her favorite show, Doctor Who.

Here is the inside cover. The Tardis came from a DVD I think. Sarah gave it to me to put in her "top secret project" that eventually became know as the "journal-you're-not-make-me". Smiley Kids are so smart!!!  Now I glued a pieces of scrapbook paper inside and up against the first page of the journal in hopes of the pages staying in better. I think it was a big mistake because I just couldn't get that first page smooth! But of course it was too late by then... Plus there was a huge bubble/seam thing down the fold:

Some Inside pages.

The flower and vase is from wrapping paper.

I used paper glaze on the stars to make them stand out a bit and make them shiny.

And here you can see the last page separating from the bank of pages. Luckily I glued that same scrapbook paper onto the back like I did on the front.

Again - any helpful advise would be appreciated. See "Jerald's Journal" for the other one I did. Thanks in Advance!

Oh - Giving Credit where credit is due!: Owls, cat, hands all came from the site: http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tuberculosis
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012 04:16:41 AM »

I love this, it's so sweet. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
just1morestitch
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012 08:16:17 PM »

Thanks Tuberculosis!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Taramor
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012 07:55:03 AM »

I think it is wonderful - I don't know what you mean by saying you went wrong. Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just1morestitch
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012 11:52:36 AM »

Thanks Taramor! I really appreciate it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Full Brows
Custom Velvet Eyelashes at the Douglas Hannant FW 2014 Show
How Can You Find Your Sexy Scent?
A Mother’s Day Gift of Youth
Get Marilyn Monroe’s Red Lip Look
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...