A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vegan Raw Brownies - Sooo good!!  (Read 3183 times)
Tags for this thread: vegan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mantis
« on: July 13, 2011 07:30:23 AM »

Hi guys - Thought I'd add another yummy dessert. This is one of the best I've ever tasted Shocked And there are only 4 ingredients (plus a pinch of salt! Smiley).

They keep in the freezer for a good while and are great with some tea or coffee. They have a salty/sweet flavour that works really well.

Ingredients

1 Cup Almond Flour/Meal
1 cup Raw Cashews
1 cup Raw Cacao
3 cups of pitted Dates
1 Cup Raw Almonds, Chopped
Small pinch of sea salt (I used pink Himalayan sea salt)

They are quite fast to make.. if you do try them, make sure to look at what I wrote about tightly packing them into the pan so that they stay together.

Full Recipe & Instructions:
http://calmmindbusybody.com/eggless-brownie-recipe/

--Clare xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Art & Oddities - SLINKYRA.COM
Art Prints - SOCIETY6.COM/SLINKYRA
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011 07:57:06 AM »

They look scrumptious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
dreadlocklove
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011 08:12:43 AM »

Thanks for sharing.  I just made a batch and put them in the freezer.

Do you think using a percentage of cashew or almond butter instead of only nut meal would help with binding?  I may try this next batch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Mantis
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011 10:20:02 AM »

Thanks for sharing.  I just made a batch and put them in the freezer.

Do you think using a percentage of cashew or almond butter instead of only nut meal would help with binding?  I may try this next batch.
Yes, that would certainly help, but just in case you had a similar "problem" (turned out not to be) as me... before you press everything into the pan, you may feel like your mixture is completely crumbly and will no way in hell stay together, but don't worry, I just took a chance, pressed it really well and evenly into the pan and they came out holding together.. a tad on the crumbly side but definitely held their shape for the most part. So you might not need the butter next time, but it would definitely add a nice flavour. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011 10:20:24 AM by Mantis » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011 04:49:30 AM »

The brownie did hold up fairly well except for the edges of the pan, where I may not have pressed hard enough.

I haven't tasted them yet as I'm on a juice fast.  But I'll save a square or two for when I'm done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Mantis
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011 08:57:48 AM »

The brownie did hold up fairly well except for the edges of the pan, where I may not have pressed hard enough.

I haven't tasted them yet as I'm on a juice fast.  But I'll save a square or two for when I'm done.

Very cool - Hope you enjoy them when once you're off the juice fast. Happy juice fasting also! I haven't done one since last year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sparkly Sharp Fabulous
Sparkly Sharp and Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011 02:12:26 PM »

Those look great! Any options to sub the dates for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frl. Tralala

Tailor till death

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011 05:33:45 AM »

same question as sparkly... i dont like any dried fruits to be honest, is there still an option?
they look so awesome and its really interesting that theyre raw!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mantis
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011 09:43:19 AM »

same question as sparkly... i dont like any dried fruits to be honest, is there still an option?
they look so awesome and its really interesting that theyre raw!!
Well, it may be because I like dates, but I don't think you can even tell that there are any dates in it. It just tastes like a brownie. The couple of people I've shared these with had no idea there were even any fruits in it at all... so you may be safe with these Smiley The only subs I can think of are other types of dried fruits, I'd have to think more about that.

I'd feel bad if you made these and disliked them because you could taste the dates, but I assume you wouldn't be able to taste them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Green Gypsy
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011 01:42:09 PM »

Those look delicious and healthy too! I'm not too big of a fan of dates either, but in the case of raw desserts the flavor is usually masked pretty well, in this case the cacao most likely. Besides, for health, I'd rather consume dates than white sugar anytime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mantis
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011 06:38:59 PM »

Those look delicious and healthy too! I'm not too big of a fan of dates either, but in the case of raw desserts the flavor is usually masked pretty well, in this case the cacao most likely. Besides, for health, I'd rather consume dates than white sugar anytime.
Totally! I never use white sugar anymore. And yeah, If you grind the dates well enough, there shouldn't be any "date" taste or texture left once you make these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

enakitty
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011 08:24:12 PM »

I made a batch of these....YUMMY!
I think next time I might try adding some almond butter or something (as someone suggested) and more dates as it came out a little more dry than I would have liked.
I was really impressed with these, they really tasted like brownies to me.  I LOVE dates, but for those that don't like them...I really didn't notice the flavor of the dates in this recipe.  Honestly, (to me) it tasted like a brownie.
I gave up desserts over a year ago, but recently discovered raw recipes.  It's SO wonderful to be able to have a treat that is healthy!

Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emjay417
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011 11:57:46 AM »

These look so yummy & easy, It'd be a shame not to add them to my recipe list Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mantis
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011 01:09:05 PM »

Enakitty - Yay! Glad you made and enjoyed them Smiley adding Almond butter to these sounds amazing!! I'm going to try it next time.

Emjay417 - Ooh please do. Hope you enjoy them if you make them sometime Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krisjo
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011 01:29:10 PM »

These look so good.  As soon as I have a working blender/food processor again, I'm trying them for sure!  Do they taste nutty?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mantis
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012 02:51:56 PM »

These look so good.  As soon as I have a working blender/food processor again, I'm trying them for sure!  Do they taste nutty?
Sorry for the late response. No, they don't taste too nutty. Feel free to omit some of the chopped nuts or add more, depending on your preference. : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phlizz
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012 03:27:04 PM »

These look ace. Actually, I was wondering - is there something special about dates over other dried fruit? I'll defo try it with the dates, but a lot of recipes have dates in - are they better at being sweet and chewy then raisins or anything?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Disco Stu - 43rd Drawing
How to Draw a Multi-Eyed Squirrel - 53rd Drawing
How to Draw Lisa Simpson - 14th Drawing
How to Draw Teenage Marge - 47th Drawing
How to Draw Hans Moleman - 26th Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...