A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Describing your Etsy shop?  (Read 594 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onceinlovewithAmy
« on: July 12, 2011 11:35:07 AM »

I've got a friend of mine preparing to design a logo for me for my Etsy shop, because I'm hoping someday to outgrow Etsy (someday!) and I want a solid brand to move forward with. I have a lot of branding already done--colors established, the general look and layout of things, etc. But no logo and no ability to design one (out of my range of skill/talent!), hence the friend helping me out.

She has asked for adjectives describing my Etsy shop, to establish what kind of feel I'm going for with this logo.

But I'm stumped. I'm having trouble describing my own shop!

Any ideas? If you look through my blog and shop (agnesandamy.etsy.co m, agnesandamy.blogspo t.com), you can get a feel for it.

All I can think of is what it's NOT: it's not funky, it's not alternative, it's not kitschy. There are a lot of things it's NOT... but... what IS it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011 05:11:56 PM »

When all else fails, clean and professional is best. At your age and I'm guessing the age of your customers, you can add a bit of whimsy to it to appeal to the young. As you age your crafts will also mature, so if you're still around kickin' crafts 5 years from now, your logo should be designed today to be flexible enough to update without losing too much recognition.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lorelei
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011 11:52:15 AM »

Based on what you said, my suggestion is to do something with the 'A&A'.  Your style and colors and things might change over the years but if you are sticking with your name, that will never change.

Another more fun and original possibility would be to look at the tools you craft with.  Maybe the products will develop but the tools you use will stay the same as well as give the buyer a clear understanding of what you make by just the logo.

Finally, just remember that the simpler the better.  A lot of people try to make their logos really elaborate but you want to make sure it is easy replicated.  Whether it is zeroxed in black & white or blown up on a banner or a tiny thumbnail and stamped onto a clothing tag.  Something that is recognizable regardless of how large or what colors it is printed in is always the best option.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fancy Dodo
Like my storenvy on facebook!
Read my blog!
Pinterested?
bananabanana
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011 05:22:14 AM »

colourful, bright, fun, playful, simple, useful
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Interlocking Poses for Deep Stretches
The Magic of Puppetry
How to make a Chocolate Vodka Martini
How to Audition
INVADER- Rubix Cubism- Indoor- Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...