A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
750 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Video Game Swap Gallery  (Read 5003 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 11, 2011 04:56:14 PM »

Post 'em when you get 'em.

Sent:
amigurl55
Rousseline
thingsivemade
average_fan
mama24boyz
BoomerBile
Undersea-sun
Bunniebard
estar23
jillybeans

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011 08:20:07 PM by amigurl55 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
BoomerBile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011 06:50:24 PM »

Partner got her package!!!!
She should be posting soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011 07:43:48 PM »

Am I the first to post pictures? Huh! Well, my camera died on me while taking a bunch of pictures today so I'm missing one item, but maybe my partner can help me out...?

Anyway! To the pictures! Firstly, the box itself was amazing:

Next we have Mario/Zelda sticky notes, a Zelda pencilsharpener, and a Mega Man X container!

Just look at the paint job on this thing; amazing!!

And next is a carry-all... and if a carry-all is a mode of transportation for stuff, then in Starfox...

An Arwing carries people! Haha!  Cheesy Too funny, too funny!

I also got a nice teacup with a gold Triforce painted on, but this is the item I didn't manage to photograph. But it is lovely, just like everything else~! Thanks so much BoomerBile, you really represented something from every game I mentioned!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BoomerBile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011 07:55:25 PM »

Wish I took more than one pic, but it was RIGHT before send off.
Here is a shot of everything I sent out. Bunnie's pics are so much better.
Now, I need to make a light box Roll Eyes

Glad you loved everything. ^_^
Can't wait to see your package.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011 07:58:25 PM by BoomerBile » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amigurl55

I already did!

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011 09:22:39 PM »

Yay!  Looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

average_fan
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011 12:58:59 AM »

Hey girls, I received from our lovely organizer! Smiley
I didn't take any pictures yet, because I wanted to use our lightbox at work - was running late this morning, so I forgot to take the items with me..
I'll post them tomorrow though, so you all can be super jealous! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thingsivemade
Trying to sew the fabric of the universe with invisible thread is tricky.

A wielder of karma and scissors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011 04:24:25 AM »

Oooh very awesome stuff, well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can have whirlpools in the fabric of existence, because it is a very strange fabric." - Terry Pratchett (Equal Rites)
amigurl55

I already did!

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011 08:30:32 AM »

Yay, you got my package already! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011 11:53:39 AM »

I recieved!!!! I swear this is the best swap yet!!!!  I hope you like your stuff as much as we like ours!!  I don't even know where to start.  OK, first up is an awesome Nintendo wallet, I swear I had to start yelling at the boys to stop running away with stuff so I could at least get pics first! Cheesy I told Aidan that he can't have it cuz he has no money but he didn't care, he started looking for small toys to put in it.

He wanted me to hook it up to his wii so he could play with it  Cheesy but I showed him the cords gone but the buttons still worked!!
Then we got this super nice DS case.  I LOVE it!!!  Its in my fave colours and everything.  The boys weren't interested in it cuz it looks girly, then I opened it to take a pic of inside and put a couple of games in it just to show the pockets and I lost it, lol.  Liams filled it with his games and his DS, but his DS doesn't fit cuz its an XL, but does he care? nooooooo.  Tongue

Then I had to take this pic on my fridge cuz these were gone as soon as they were opened.....TETRIS magnets!!

THEN...yes theres more!.......a snakes and ladders game, hand embroidered....WITH A TWIST!!!  Heres "Chomps and Vines" You climb the vines and slide down the chain chomp!!  How cute and creative is that?!?!  AND thingsivemade says this is her first time embroidering!!  AMAZING job! AND the pieces are mushrooms!!! All in different colours!

AND lastly, this one is all mine, cuz its too big to fit on the boys arms!! Believe me, they tried!!  Cheesy Cheesy  I LOVE IT!!!
A triforce and hearts beaded bracelet!!!

Seriously this stuff is all amazing!!!  Thank you so much Therese!!!  I can't wait for you to get your stuff.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011 12:30:16 PM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
thingsivemade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011 12:11:11 PM »

Yay! I'm really thrilled you liked everything! It was tremendous fun crafting for you, I got to be so incredibly nerdy and crafty at the same time!

"Chomps & Vines" was easily the favourite amongst my test subjects (my childish friends) and gamer approval was heartily given for the other stuff (those same childish friends Cheesy). That wasn't my first time embroidering but I am still fairly new at it so it counts as the longest and hardest thing I've ever spent embroidering something!

I'm really glad you enjoy it all, I can't wait to receive your package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can have whirlpools in the fabric of existence, because it is a very strange fabric." - Terry Pratchett (Equal Rites)
amigurl55

I already did!

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011 01:32:42 PM »

Oh my crap, that stuff is amazing!  I love how the DS case looks like a little purse!  The controller pouch is way cool, those magnets are so fun!  And that game looks like it has so much work put into it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011 01:53:37 PM »

Awesome package!  I love that controller wallet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
average_fan
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011 02:27:14 PM »

Yay, I took photos at work Smiley

Crochet Nintendo DS Case!

It's like it sprung from my wist Smiley

Super Mario Earrings - so cute

Portal Hoopla! Eee!

Up on my wall!

She also sent me some Reese's Pieces and Cups but the cups didn't survive for long hurr duur  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rousseline
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011 02:42:48 PM »

I received yesterday from Undersea-sun and I was so excited!! Here is what I received!

Some prop items: beer bottles from Bioshock, my boyfriend was really excited about them Tongue

I had told Undersea-sun that my boyfriend loves the corrupted core that always says "I'm in space!" from Portal 2, so she made me this little box! It looks really good and there are a lot of details, I love it (and my boyfriend too!)!!

Some little patches, a Zelda and a trusted companion cube!

This is so cool! Some lightswitch covers, there's a Dudbear one (from Legend of Mana) that is my favorite item in the whole swap and a Final Fantasy 7 one!

And we agreed on some extras and I asked for some handmade soaps. They are awesome! The brain one is vanilla pomegranate, the flower one is banana flower with poppyseads and the owl one is strawberry shortcake, mmmm!

The whole package!

Thanks Undersea-sun, I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Undersea-sun
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011 04:13:27 PM »

Im so glad you loved  the package!!! Cheesy

I received from Rousseline this morning! I'm in love with EVERYTHING!!!!! Shes truly an amazing Swapper/Crafter!!!

First off, she Crocheted a Big Daddy From Bioshock! I was super exited when I saw this as I had attempted making one a while back and never did finish! She did an Amazing Job!

Second is a Portal Glados Quote Cross Stitch!!! <3

Third is this wonderful bag with dry bones from Mario on it!  Smiley

And as she Said, we agreed on some extras, and So she Made me a Matching Scarf (complete with pocket!!!) and Toque!! now I cant wait till Winter to show them off!!!!

Thanks soooo much Rousseline!!! You rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amigurl55

I already did!

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011 08:40:32 PM »

Those beer bottles were a neat idea.  And I can't believe the work on that big daddy and mario hat/scarf set.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011 08:43:39 PM »

The Mario hat and scarf are cool!  I can't believe all the awesome stuff in the gallery and how many people recieved today!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Undersea-sun
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011 09:23:11 PM »

Those beer bottles were a neat idea.  And I can't believe the work on that big daddy and mario hat/scarf set.

I know right! Shes Got Pure Skill!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thingsivemade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011 12:57:08 AM »

Wow guys, you're all very talented and creative! Very amazing stuff, I wouldn't know which item is my favourite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

average_fan
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011 04:18:01 AM »

Holy Wow, that winter set is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011 09:25:37 AM »

Everything is so amazing so far!!!  That hat and scarf set is so cool!!!  I also really like the cross stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011 06:08:25 PM »

My gooosh. That NES controller case is awesome, Chomps and Vines is DANG CREATIVE, I love the Space Core box ("hey! lady! lady. lady. heeeeeey. space.", and that Mario hat/scarf set is amaaaziiiing~ I don't know how you can knit something like that so fast, it would take me forever!

Aah, all this cool stuff is making me kind of nervous about my package!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011 08:21:09 PM »

My package is here from estar23!  YAY YAY for video game goodness! 

Here is the whole shabang!  A Katamari Dymacy frame, a Zelda tote, a Katamari Dymacy shirt (for the hubster), and a moogle stuffie!   oooOOOoooooo!!!!

Here is the Katamari frame, w/ a cross-stitched prince on it, which I adore!  I loooooove cross-stitches, and I just recently did my first one.  I'm so excited to get one!  The frame has fun random objects on it, including some super cute puffy stickers.  Na na na na na na na na na na na na na naaaaa!

A squishy and delightful moogle head from Final Fantasy.  It looks like it is made from felt, so snuggly!!!!  I think my new little friend will make a nice home for himself on our couch.

A bag w/ the triforce symbol from Zelda.  The triforce is so soft.  I keep running my hand over it in delight.  Mmmm, soft.  I'm a sucker for soft.

And inside the bag: EXTRAS!!!  I got stuffing, felt pieces, embroidery floss (its like she knew!), key chains, magnets and glass bubbles to make magnets, a tin, floss holders, a little sewing kit, and a mini magnetic frame.  Woo hoo!!!!  All stuff that will come in useful for later crafting adventures!

Katamari Dymacy shirt (for the hubby!).  Isn't it awesome!!!  Its so bright and colorful!  Is it an iron-on transfer?  Its so cool!  The hubby really likes it!

Close up shot of the Prince rolling his Katamari.

Uh, my love, that's not how it goes.  Silly husband!

Ah, there ya go.  The hubster modeling the wares.  He's pretty happy.  ^_^

Thanks for awesomely nerdy package, estar23!  I <3 it!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

amigurl55

I already did!

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011 09:08:16 PM »

I LOVE that katamari cross stitch with the frame!

Here's what I got from average_fan

A cute hoopla with a sheep from Harvest Moon.  What stitch did you use for the sheep?  It's fluffy!

Kingdom Hearts Coasters

Katamari earrings and a Paopao fruit (the stitches on this are so tiny!  I'd never have the patience)

A Professor Layton inspired purse with plastic handles and a magnetic snap

And the thing de resistance: a sweet katamari tee in my favorite colors!  I don't know how you made this, but it looks professional.  I love it!  I didn't want to take it off to take the pic, so you get to see a weird angle.

Thank you SOOOO much, average_fan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

average_fan
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011 12:58:30 AM »

So glad that you like them Smiley
I took some pictures in our light box before I sent the pkg, hope no one minds me posting them

I used a "punching needle" from Clover for this - you work the hoop from the back and it creates loops on the back that look like terry!

I work for a clothing company and we produce machine embroidered and printed shirts - so yeah Wink
Just make sure you don't use fabric softener or the print will peel off...

Coasters with the Heart, Mickey, Crown, Paopu Fruit and Donald's Hat

The Purse was inspired by Prof. Laytons hat Cheesy

Also, looking at your photos, I noticed that I forgot to send you something.. expect a letter from me soon XD
I'll send it out today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thingsivemade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011 02:45:17 AM »

Oh wow, I LOVE the Katamari stuff, truly awesome stuff guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rousseline
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011 05:22:09 PM »

Wow, everything looks so great! I love the professor Layton inspired purse, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only Layton lover around Tongue

And the Moogle pillow is too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amigurl55

I already did!

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011 08:47:24 PM »

Some of you may notice that you have 2 video game swaps in your profile.  Not sure what happened with the feedback form (or maybe it was user error?).  At any rate, I opened a help desk ticket to get that fixed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thingsivemade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011 10:07:03 AM »

Yay, I received my package from mama24boyz and it's just made of WIN! And what better day than to get it on than on my birthday Smiley woo, cake on my profile and an awesome package!
 *takes a deep breath* I'm giddy as hell right now so I have to calm down a little to show you the pictures Cheesy

First off is something that wasn't even on my questionnaire, but somehow mama24boyz just knew I'd love it...a Pac Man bracelet!

A Rammy from Castle Crashers cross stitch magnet!

A little Sackboy from Little Big Planet!

Aaaaand....my very own Katamari Forver ball! It even has magnets so it can pick things up! I haven't tried it out yet, but I still love it!

This swap has been so very awesome, I've loved it so much! Thank you mama24boyz, you're a very talented lady!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011 10:08:26 AM by thingsivemade - Reason: got so carried away with myself that I forgot to include the last photo. Silly me! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amigurl55

I already did!

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011 11:28:10 AM »

That sackboy and katamari are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011 07:34:02 PM »

YAY!!  I'm so glad it finally got to you and you like it all!!!  I can't take credit for any of the patterns though, the sackboy was from nerdgurumi I think and the katamari ball I found on ravelry. I had so much fun making everything for you and was just sorry that I couldn't make more!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
estar23
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011 08:09:58 PM »

this is thread of awesomeness and i am proud to continue. jillybeans - BEST. SWAP. EVARRRR!

i asked for stitch markers because i started knitting

freezer stencil tote bag of cuteness

A HANDSTITCHED FAWFUL STUFFIE!!!!!!!!!!

Zelda mints

and a Mario power up drink

jillybeans, you deserve unlimited continues for the rest of your gaming life! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011 06:29:05 AM »

Oh yay!  I'm glad it finally made it to you and that you like everything. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

BoomerBile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011 05:01:34 PM »

just got a call saying bunnie's package got in.
i'll be back home tomorrow evening.
can't wait to see what it is Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011 05:40:26 PM »

FAAAWFUUUL~! He has fury!  Cheesy Love it!

And yeesh, my package just got there? The DC number must've lied, then... oh well! You might have to... uhm... unsquish the big thing in there...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BoomerBile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011 11:11:59 PM »

Okay everyone, here is Bunnie's package of awesome Psychonauts goodness!

It's..It's a...It's a M... Ma...Ma... MISTER POKEYLOPES!!!!!! and Raz's hat  Grin
<3!!!!!!!
See! This is why I need to get better with yarn. I can't make awesomeness like this without taking months and months. The goggles really move too!

And seeing how I have a turtle, I thought it was time for some soup.

Looks like Sheegore forgot to bring more brains for Dr. Lobato

THANK YOU BUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011 11:15:34 PM by BoomerBile » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2011 06:59:35 AM »

Wow, what a cool Mister Pokelopes and hat!  She definitely put some time and love into those!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Julia Morgan and the Ecole Des Beaux-Arts
Using Design Passion to Make the World Better - Ross Floate
Thinking For a Living Working in Design - Ross Floate
How Hands On Experience Shapes Design Career Path - Ross Floate
Ross Floate on Designing Great Products One Use Case at a Time
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...