A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Archived Featured Knitting Projects  (Read 184778 times)
Tags for this thread: category_featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spicytaco
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010 05:47:01 AM »

Great stuff. Being someone who can't knit at all this blows my mind. I totally wisted those socks, and there's no way I could ever wash dishes with that dish cloth. It's way too cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
shara
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010 06:50:38 AM »

So awesome - thanks!  The cupcake is so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozydewilde
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010 07:23:49 PM »

Totally adorable~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010 11:41:42 AM »

Featured Knitting Projects - May 2010

Better late than never, here are our Featured Knitting Projects for May 2010!

How are these projects chosen?  First, you should know that you are an integral part in selecting the featured projects! Each time you browse the knitting board and select the "This Rocks" icon (towards the bottom right of the first post), it shows up for us in a handy viewer.  We also select projects that we feel are eye-catching and/or are made by knitters that contribute a lot to our community.

(Kudos, too, to all of you! There was a dramatic increase in "this rocks" reports this month which made the job of picking featured projects much easier!)

So, on with the goodies!

Warmer temps in the northern hemispheres mean that it's time to break out your lace knitting!  Craftster Faux_Valentine has us in spades already with her stunning Sommerwind.  Gorgeous!

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _

Ames107 has more dedication to her WIPs than almost anyone I've ever met!  She made this super cool scrap yarn blanket for her daughter's bed.  Hope her daughter knows how lucky she is!

Knitter dvance contributed this fun version of the Olympic Hat, combined from two different knitting patterns.  Super cute and sure beats the $300 ebay fights!

Thanks, everyone, for all your contributions to our Knitting community. Keep the excellent projects coming and remember to hit "this rocks!" anytime you see something worthy of sharing.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010 11:46:25 AM by lapoli » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010 09:13:03 AM »

Featured Knitting Projects - June 2010

You guys have been patiently waiting for this all month, so here are our Featured Knitting Projects for June 2010!

How are these projects chosen?  First, you should know that you are an integral part in selecting the featured projects! Each time you browse the knitting board and select the "This Rocks" icon (towards the bottom right of the first post), it shows up for us in a handy viewer.  We also select projects that we feel are eye-catching and/or are made by knitters that contribute a lot to our community.

(Kudos, too, to all of you! There was a dramatic increase in "this rocks" reports this month which made the job of picking featured projects much easier!)

We had a lot of fun and creative projects posted on the board this month.. Here are some of your favorites!

Knitter peeloutyourface made this really terrific and fun Faux Headphones Hat for her brother (lucky guy!).  She based the hat off the description her brother gave her and went with it.  The results are awesome!

The lovely and sweet LimeRiot made this Squidley the Kraken for a swap partner and we can't help but love how cute (s)he is!  See if you can spot him among his fellow swap buddies....

Squidley comes with posable limbs, attention to detail, and he's kinda cute for a squid, don't you think?

Next up is Muddlepud's gorgeous baby blanket that has lots of texture, softness and makes you want to find the nearest baby to wrap in it.  Lovely work!

Last, but not least, is the Rocketship! that we all wish we'd had when WE were growing up! Mreld made this for her two year old, henceforth known as the luckiest two year old EVER.  The rocketship is self-standing AND comes with its own crew!

Thanks, everyone, for all your contributions to our Knitting community. Keep the excellent projects coming and remember to hit "this rocks!" anytime you see something worthy of sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muddlepud
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010 01:45:33 PM »

Aw, thanks for the challenge. Always an honor to be in such good crafty company. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama of two, eeking out a few creative hours a day.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."  ~Pablo Picasso
Shop
Blog
Flickr
lapoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010 05:15:20 AM »

Featured Knitting Projects - July 2010

You guys have been patiently waiting for this all month, so here are our Featured Knitting Projects for July 2010!

How are these projects chosen?  First, you should know that you are an integral part in selecting the featured projects! Each time you browse the knitting board and select the "This Rocks" icon (towards the bottom right of the first post), it shows up for us in a handy viewer.  We also select projects that we feel are eye-catching and/or are made by knitters that contribute a lot to our community.

We had a lot of fun and creative projects posted on the board this month.. Here are some of your favorites!

One favorite this month was Rinoa1024's Evening Shell by Wenlan Chia.  Only taking up three skeins of yarn, this is a quick knit that's also a great stashbuster!

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '________________________________________________________________________________')

As many of you pointed out with your comments, mad props to Yes_I_Am who knitted perhaps the longest scarf we've ever seen a la Dr. Who.  20 feet and over 71,000 stitches.... wow!  

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '________________________________________________________________________________')

Finally, what would our featured projects be without a fantastic hat?  tangemeenie saw a $200 hat in a magazine that inspired her to create the NOT $200 Acorn and Pompon Hat.

Thanks for everyone's contributions to the knitting board this month! I can't wait to see what July brings! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010 08:44:59 AM by lapoli » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010 11:47:45 AM »

Awesome selections! All three of these are such great projects. I want to make the shell and the hat. Of course I also want to make the Dr. Who scarf but I know I don't have the patience for it Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tangemeenie
Lori G.

has serious balls ... of yarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010 01:35:22 PM »

Grin Hooray!  I am so excited and honored to have my hat featured here!   Grin  Thanks everybody!!!

Lori G. aka tangemeenie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all calls will be answered in the order in which they are received
Rinoa1024
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010 10:42:54 PM »

Thanks for the feature! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Side Swept Bangs and Light Layers Can Reinvent Your Look
VF NEWS: Temperley London Spring/Summer 2015 - London Fashion Week
Our Favorite Curling Irons
How to Do a Ponytail Braid
Great Hairstyle for When Bangs Are Growing Out
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...